Have you ever wear a brace on your teeth?

Have you ever wear a brace on your teeth?

• Never get a brace

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Got a brace before

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Will get a brace

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Still wearing a brace

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
my brother had braces when he was young till whatever ages stop braces but his teeth looks nice.

and also my aunt been brace when she was young and also my cousin got braces too till removes braces its long story.

i never had braces because my teeth looks nice and my dentist says dont need brace.

Dentist told my mother, when I was a child, that I'd need braces when I got older. But it proved unnecessary as my teeth grew out straight.

My two elder sisters had them, though. One had such wonderful looking teeth now.

MOD. I tried to add polls but not working.

* Never get a brace
* Got a brace before
* Will get a brace
* Still wearing a brace.

Please add the polls for me. Thank you!

Mod's Note:

Polls is added. :)

I used had brace in 2001 to 2003 then removed after 2 years and got metal retainer then hardly to use and hate it then finally got bonded retainer for long time, not know when it will remove.

I hate brace, that's no fun and very sore like creepy.

I've have a brace and a retainer on my teeth, I got the braces when I was 11 and then the retainer when I was 12, I did it because two of my teeth refuse to grow, it just stay as baby teeth so they have to be remove, then have to move other teeth to close the space.

I didn't like it before but after the braces came off--my teeth are perfect! :D

It's worth every penny I spent on my teeth and still do today! :D

Had Gum surgery at 8
got "railway tracks" (full braces top and bottom) at 14 until 18,
had wire glued to back of teeth for few more years, removed due to risks when i was travelling for 18 months, the densit said i will need it replaced after i come back but never had it again
all wisdom teeth out at 28

teeth still perfect! :)

I had braces for years to correct my teeth. However, unfortunately, I hated headgear and refused to wear it due to chronic pain.

I will get braces AGAIN soon because it is unfinished business. Once I get braces, then I will get an oral surgery. Long story. Rme at a relative's disapproval of oral surgery as I was a teen. I am going to prove that person with saying, "SEE!" Duh. :roll:

I had braces for 2 1/2 years from 12 to 14 1/2 years old. I hated every minute of it. It was a pain in the neck because when I'd go to the orthodontist for a monthly check up, He would tighten up the wires on the braces. Now that really hurts! When I got it removed, I was so ecstatic to get it off. Here comes the fun part (not) - the retainer came next and had to wear that for another year.

OMG! ewwwwww I hated rapid palate expander....crankiin it 1/4 turn with key every night....but that only last few months, but had pleasure (not) of braces for a couple more years when I was 21. I got wisdom teeth pulled during braces and kept getting gauze packing stuck and I was trying to workthat night with bloody gauze dangling from mouth when I talked. (pictures that image again) :giggle: funny now, but that was most embarrasing night. I so mean cuz my x wife had to get palate expander and she got key stuck in it and we couldn't get it out, so had to call orthodontist on Sunday for emergency locksmith.:laugh2:

Yeah I hate this part! I am glad it's over with wisdom teeth removed.

I plan on getting braces in few years when i can afford it, i'm hoping to get new damon 3 braces its new, it have smaller brackets, self-ligating and dont need any teeth removed or surgery at all. I have crooked and a lot of gaps in my teeth and i have overbite too and if I move my jaw sideway it pop and I get lot of tension in my jaw muscles so.

I had Braces for two years, age 14 to 16 years old....Bottom and Top, to straighten my teeth, close the gap between my two front teeth and pull my overbite to normal. I hated wearing rubberband to keep my mouth shut so the overbite will be corrected....it was so hard to talk with it on.

I didn't think it was painful at all....but I HATED it when they removed my braces off...that was soooooooo painful....but I was so glad to have straight teeth and I remember that I could not stop sliding my tounge over my straight teeth for the first time in two years to have smooth teeth.

I had to wear Retainer for top teeth for a year...I hated that. I also got permented retainer for my bottom teeth...it's glue on back of my bottom teeth to make it stay perfect for forever...Denist told me that it stays there for rest of my life.

My wisdom teeth are now coming in and it's getting to be quite painful...I will be getting them removed shortly...Not looking forward to it because I have seen my Stepsister to stuffer through it by pain and she couldn't eat anything except for ice cream.

I had Braces for two years, age 14 to 16 years old....Bottom and Top, to straighten my teeth, close the gap between my two front teeth and pull my overbite to normal. I hated wearing rubberband to keep my mouth shut so the overbite will be corrected....it was so hard to talk with it on.

I didn't think it was painful at all....but I HATED it when they removed my braces off...that was soooooooo painful....but I was so glad to have straight teeth and I remember that I could not stop sliding my tounge over my straight teeth for the first time in two years to have smooth teeth.

I had to wear Retainer for top teeth for a year...I hated that. I also got permented retainer for my bottom teeth...it's glue on back of my bottom teeth to make it stay perfect for forever...Denist told me that it stays there for rest of my life.

My wisdom teeth are now coming in and it's getting to be quite painful...I will be getting them removed shortly...Not looking forward to it because I have seen my Stepsister to stuffer through it by pain and she couldn't eat anything except for ice cream.

Getting your wisdom teeth removed isn't really that painful if they give you plenty of novacaine. I've had three wisdom teeth removed, and it was no big deal. It only hurts a bit when they give you novacaine, and then after the novacaine takes effect, you'll only feel pressure, not pain, when the dentist removes the teeth.

Of course, before I had the wisdom teeth removed, they hurt like hell! But after they were removed, I felt so much better! Go figure.

No way in hell will I ever get braces, UNLESS they are InvisAlign!

I think regular braces look ugly, and they must feel very uncomfortable! And, having to pick out little pieces of food out of the braces? Forget it!

No way in hell will I ever get braces, UNLESS they are InvisAlign!

I think regular braces look ugly, and they must feel very uncomfortable! And, having to pick out little pieces of food out of the braces? Forget it!

FYI - they are easy to break and it can well, be very expensive to replace.

No I never wear one.

My niece have it and she doesnt like it! :(

Back