Have you ever had a teacher or interpreter lie about you in school...

Teekie

Reaction score
and got you in trouble?

I have.. one of the interpreters in my old elementary school never liked me, so she'd try to lie and get me in trouble.. like for example, she lied to the principal that I threw rocks at her, which i never did :crazy:

Originally posted by Steel
dang that bitch should be fired! :mad2:

Yeah, I know. I think she's still a interpreter there, but good thing I dont have to put up with her anymore! :lol:

[m]:mad2:[/m]

That's so childish and unprofessional of her. She should definitely get the boot!

As for me, no, there wasn't a teacher nor an intepreter that did something like that to me before.

My old interpreter who called me a BITCH. I was like ok *raised my hand* He kicked my leg and not to do that and I said why not? He asked me if I knew what he just said? I said you called me a BITCH, eh? He said no I said witch. (during my mainstream class )

He was 23 years old. :o

My interpreter and I knew eachother for 8 years, I considered her as my 2nd mother. So one day in math class, we both were so bored and the class went slow. While interpreting, she said there was an announcement that it was a half day and everyone should get ready to leave in 5 minutes. I was sooooo excited and packed all of my stuffs, stood up and walked halfway to the door..... I looked around, the students were sitting still, stared at me, my math teacher was in the middle of lecture... She was confused and asked me where I was going. I was like uhmm, nevermind and I went back to seat... I realized my interpreter figured I forgot to wear my hearing aides on and she always wanted to pull a prank on me! GRRRR!!! We laughed hard afterwards.

well, my very first interpreter at my public high school was totally messed up. During my freshman year, my very first time being mainstreamed at a public school (it didnt help when i found out that i was the first deaf student they ever had at my school), i guess, I looked vunerable that the interpreter would take me of class when videos were shown and say that she can't interpret them. I ended up going to the library to take tests and just free periods there. It was like the librarians knew me more than my own teachers did.

to make a long story short, I decided that i wanted someone else to be my intepreter, not her anymore. one day i decided not to be friendly as i usually was. but i was never mean. i was like, making myself more distant around her. She asked to speak with me out in the hallway and then started yelling at me. I had the courage to tell her all the things i didn't like and how i felt. She was pissed and was like "I think I'm going to find a replacement for the remainder of the year."

after a dramatic few weeks, my IEP meeting came. My mom was in the meeting with the child study team and my mom said "I'm sure you are aware with the situation between Megan and her intepreter."
The lady goes, "Yes. Megan wasn't treating her the way she should."

imagine how pissed i was. how they never heard my side of the story. God knows what she told them about me. They never looked at me the same again.

i have had an interpreter ... Patricia Molinder .... who'd just mark every single bad thing that i did ..... i was like omg .... :madfawk:

Looks like to me she doesn't want to work and just get money.. lazy azz. :roll:

*ahem**clears up my throat* well. uhm, nope :D my interpeters loves me, :dunno: why.... they just do! :| maybe i m too sweet around them... :o

I was doing an oral presentation for my mainstreamed Biology class during my sophomore year. My interpter always understand me for half year with her. I began to sign. She started said, "Say again please." I was like "Okay, it's not big deal, Steve." I signed again. She didn't not understand. I was signing slowly and clearly. She said "Huh? Say again." I knew I was so nervous, my hands began to shaking and I was sweating. She didn't not understand me and she asked one of deaf students to interput what fuck I was saying. It was fucking 20 minutes for this fucking goddamn simple and short oral speech!!!!!!!

I don't have any problem with my own interpeter from high school but I do have a problem with my deaf friend's other interpreter from high school. :madfawk: at her.

here's a funny one. i had a teacher tell an administrator that i wasn't signing every word to the deaf student when she was lecturing. this happened after i thouroughly explained what my role was and how the communication process went with this particular student. i explained to her that there would be some "lag" time between her speaking and me interpreting because of me changing her spoken english into my best ASL.
i say that because i have yet to meet except once a hearing person who signs TRUE ASL. anyway, the dean to my surprise understood this procees and kindly reminded the teacher to havre faith in me and to let the student express any possible problems. the student caught wind of this and really supported me. he said ," let's really throw her off and you can transliterate today during the lecture which would basically put me word for word with the teacher. well, i appreciated the student supporting me, but i didn't want to show up the teacher or more importantly set a bad example. anyway on the basis that the student requested transliteration and we were both familiar with the subject material, i started. well, after a few minutes she noticed i was up to speed with her voice, i could feel her eyes on me. the whole time the student is signing out of the teacher's sight," the ugly lady is staring at you." after all was said and done the student explained the whole communication process and all was well. guess you had to be there. peace

I've had a bad time with my interpreters in my high school. One time, I was watching the teacher and taking notes from what she was writing on the overhead projector. At the edge of my desk, I had a pen with the top protruding from the edge of the desk. The interpreter waved her hand downwards to get my attention and flipped the pen over her head and out the door into the hallway. It attracted attention and the teacher was like, "What's going on?" My interpreter told the teacher that I was playing around and threw the pen into the hallway. Jeez! That bitch!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I've had a bad time with my interpreters in my high school. One time, I was watching the teacher and taking notes from what she was writing on the overhead projector. At the edge of my desk, I had a pen with the top protruding from the edge of the desk. The interpreter waved her hand downwards to get my attention and flipped the pen over her head and out the door into the hallway. It attracted attention and the teacher was like, "What's going on?" My interpreter told the teacher that I was playing around and threw the pen into the hallway. Jeez! That bitch!

geez, that sucks. :squint: do this to her -->:smash: :lol:

At least you don't have to put up with her crap anymore. ;)

Originally posted by Teekie
geez, that sucks. :squint: do this to her -->:smash: :lol:

At least you don't have to put up with her crap anymore. ;)
Know who else I feel sorry for? Her son... who used to be a student at that same school before me. He would groan whenever I asked him about school. I guess that's what he was groaning about. Heh!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Know who else I feel sorry for? Her son... who used to be a student at that same school before me. He would groan whenever I asked him about school. I guess that's what he was groaning about. Heh!

:lol: Oh boy.

Back