Have you been treated poorly?

Magie60

Reaction score
Have you been treated poorly or dicriminated against in some way out in the community? Tell your story good or bad.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I am totally baffled at our society. United State was formed by bunch of Christians and most of our laws are created originally from bible. Yet we had slaves, discrimination, internment of Japanese, unjustly treatment of Arabians after 9/11, etc.. It makes you wonder hmmm..

I just don't get it either! I have been appalled at the stories I've been hearing about the treatment of our own Deaf citizens. Are people cruel or just plain ignorant?

I just don't get it either! I have been appalled at the stories I've been hearing about the treatment of our own Deaf citizens. Are people cruel or just plain ignorant?

It s both. The problem is that there aren't enough exposure of deaf people. Either hearing people are acting out of their fears or just plainly think they re better than disabilities people.

Btw - are you h earing?

Edit: never mind i read your thread http://www.alldeaf.com/introduce-yourself/49549-hi-magie60-new-member.html - you re hearing and are inspired to be crusader for deaf people :)

Yes, I'm hearing. I would like to make the Hearing more aware of how to communicate with Deaf. I'm a hairdresser and I'm already making my clients, friends and family more aware of the way they should act. Every little bit helps!

Yes, I'm hearing. I would like to make the Hearing more aware of how to communicate with Deaf. I'm a hairdresser and I'm already making my clients, friends and family more aware of the way they should act. Every little bit helps!

We need more people like you. :cheers:

I am deaf, I have been mistreated/dicriminated by the deaf.

As for hearing people mistreating me, it is no difference for hearing mistreating by hearing.

As for hearing people mistreating me, it is no difference for hearing mistreating by deaf.

Fixed for ya.

I have no problem in deaf community. Perhaps it s because I graduated from Gallaudet and use ASL?

As for hearing, I do experience of discrimination but I dont let it bother me. I know that not alll hearings are a**holes and it s best for us deaf people to educate them so that hearing people would understand us better instead of berating them which would cause hearing people to solidify the negatives views. We wouldn't want that to be happen.

Fixed for ya.

I have no problem in deaf community. Perhaps it s because I graduated from Gallaudet and use ASL?

As for hearing, I do experience of discrimination but I dont let it bother me. I know that not alll hearings are a**holes and it s best for us deaf people to educate them so that hearing people would understand us better instead of berating them which would cause hearing people to solidify the negatives views. We wouldn't want that to be happen.

:gpost: I did not go to Gallaudet, but I went to Seattle Central Community College in Seattle, Washington and I use ASL(lots of Deaf students there). Being discrimination is no picnic for the Deaf and HOH. :sadwave:

Faced a lot of discrimination by my hearing peers, coworkers, and teachers growing up. Since learning ASL, it seems like the discrimination by the hearing people have grown smaller. Maybe it is cuz I learned how to stand up for myself or found my "voice" with ASL?

I'm not really a crusader, I just want people to treat each other with respect, dignity and kindness Deaf or not. Thanks for your response it's been helpful and Thanks for turning me on to Audism, I had never heard of it before and it was really helpful.

I think it was Truman that said "If you can't convince them, confuse them."

Thank You

I want to Thank all of you that responded to my question. I got loads of information from your site and from the recommendations from lumbingmi, he's so kind. I finished writing my presentation and it's going to be fabulous. I would also like to Thank You for allowing me to be a part of your site. :bowdown: I will continue to visit and put in my 2 cents here and there:giggle: I'll let you know how I did on the presentation. :fingersx: :deaf:rules

Last edited:
:fruit: You're Welcome. Glad that I could lend u helping hand. Good luck! :cheers:

As for hearing people mistreating me, it is no difference for hearing mistreating by hearing.

Same here.

yes same here and i don't understand their problem toward deafies RME

Back