Have you been abused by your parents in any forms?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I have been controlled.. physically and verbal abused by my mom and her boyfriend for years. I am now in therphy and the book of Toxic Parents has helped me alot.

I am still :mad: at them and I haven't forgave them I would love to confront them one day when the time is right.

My dad never hurts me and he has been there for me since the day I was born. He is the best dad! :cheers:

Now.. my mom is still trying to control my life and wanting us to move back to Illinois and not to go to South Carolina. I told her no and she went crazy on me! :hyper:

I am tired of her lies etc.. they keep their dirty laundry inside and everyone thinks we have the perfect family. :ugh2: But it's not true!

She would tell everyone she treated me great etc. But she was drinking alot. Her boyfriend and she would abuse me and my brother with a belt or coat hanger even when we was old enough. My brother and my mom is still very close and he would come to her defense and still in denial of everything.

Why do they hurt me etc.. :mad:

I know how ya feel. My mom didn't have boyfriends, but she alone was enough to wreak havoc in the house. My dad is timid, and submissive, and she even got him a few times.
Not trying to say anybody should use excuses, but sometimes there are hidden reasons for bad behavior. Alcoholism could be one. I'm 95% sure my mom has schizophrenia, but isn't taking medicine (she lives on her own now), but heaven forbid if anybody suggest she do, because her condition makes her think she's the queen of the universe, and she'd go into a hissy fit if anybody dared mention she was less than perfect.
I love her as a mother, but as a person, I can't stand her. I talk to her on the phone about every other month, but it's mentally draining because all she does is either rant and rave about how I'm not living my life right, or brags about all the supposedly wonderful stuff she's doing.

It's good you're in therapy. I should probly go, but I'm poor (got enough medical bills already, without adding a shrink to it LOL)

Yeah my mom's an alcoholic so is her boyfriend. She wasn't one when she was with my dad until she met her boyfriend.

I understand how you feel. I had bad childhood. I lived in foster place for many years. My dad was drug dealer. He beat my mom and me up with his hands. I still love my dad no matter what. He is always my dad. I wrote a nasty letter about I throw my feeling. It was about 10 page. I felt so much better after I wrote. I didnt send them to my dad. I tossed them away. I forgave him already. I dont have any bitter feeling anymore. I thank my cousnsler that she said write a nasty note instead insult anyone and toss the notes.

FelixKat930 said:
I have been controlled.. physically and verbal abused by my mom and her boyfriend for years. I am now in therphy and the book of Toxic Parents has helped me alot.

I am still :mad: at them and I haven't forgave them I would love to confront them one day when the time is right.

My dad never hurts me and he has been there for me since the day I was born. He is the best dad! :cheers:

Now.. my mom is still trying to control my life and wanting us to move back to Illinois and not to go to South Carolina. I told her no and she went crazy on me! :hyper:

I am tired of her lies etc.. they keep their dirty laundry inside and everyone thinks we have the perfect family. :ugh2: But it's not true!

She would tell everyone she treated me great etc. But she was drinking alot. Her boyfriend and she would abuse me and my brother with a belt or coat hanger even when we was old enough. My brother and my mom is still very close and he would come to her defense and still in denial of everything.

I feel very bad for you. No child should fear their parents. I know I always feared my dad though. I think I can count on one hand how many times I got spanked but that look he had always scared me. I know my husband was severly abuse my his mother and he still has a hard time. When he gets mad at our kids he send them to their room because he is scared he will hit them. I hope things work out for you.
:angel:

I was My dad hit me when i was little. I still can't look at him the same and i now can't say no to guys with out being so scared of running away because of the fear of getting hit. But just like ghsh1996 i love me dad and always will.

I'm sorry you went though that, I forgave those who hurt me and move on...

i m sorry that it is happening to ya felix if you wanna to move to south carolina DO IT

i have been controled by my mom i am tired of it

me i am busy works agains longs time as i am tried take care .
isabel . have a good day you.

been abused by your parent

Well, I was abused by my ex-step-dad physically, mentally, emotionally, and verbally. To this day I too have not forgiven him and I am still trying to get over it. I am seeing a counselor again and THIS TIME I mention this so now I will get help in dealing with it. This has been more than 20 years ago and I honestly believe that this is why I have yet to find a boyfriend, and get married. So, I pretty much blame my ex-step-dad for everything. All of this abusing what because I am hard of hearing and I do not hear him calling my name or telling me what to do. I was pretty much controlled to and had some friend that acted just like my ex-step-dad and now I do not socialize with them anymore. I am at peace. If you are over the age of 18 go live where YOU want to live, NOT where MOM want you to live. It will be peaceful once you are alone and it will feel good when you have made a decision for yourself and was able to face your mom. Why not have someone with you when you tell your mom that you don't want to move with her this way your mom can't hurt you in anyway because you are not alone.

Well, I was slightly controlled by my mom. She wanted me to live with her and my dad. Even though, I don't mind living with them in order to save money, but it is time for me to move out and learn to budget on my own, etc. I don't want to be stuck with them for the rest of my life.

My mom first did not want me to live far away and often worried about me. I told her to stop worrying about me and I will manage it fine. I am ok with my finances, I survive anyway. I bluntly told her that I don't want to get controlled, then eventually, she finally got a message and accepted my decision.. she is no longer controlling my life..thank god.

Oddball, that's not too bad.....I know lots of dhh and other special needs kids who have been abused by their parents. I never was, but I WAS abused and USED by a lot of kids in school.......tacks on the chair, obscence letters etc......god, no wonder I was so fucking depressed in high school!

I was abused by my drunken father... On his death bed,, he asked for me.. I came over to see him... he asked me for forgiveness.,I forgave him... he died happy...

I was abused by a female bully at the deaf school... to this day i never forgive her... i refused to talk to her nowadays....

SxyPorkie

I've got a few words... ping pong paddles, sticks, dog brushes, belts, whips, hands, spatulas, combs, etc.

ghsh1996 said:
I understand how you feel. I had bad childhood. I lived in foster place for many years. My dad was drug dealer. He beat my mom and me up with his hands. I still love my dad no matter what. He is always my dad. I wrote a nasty letter about I throw my feeling. It was about 10 page. I felt so much better after I wrote. I didnt send them to my dad. I tossed them away. I forgave him already. I dont have any bitter feeling anymore. I thank my cousnsler that she said write a nasty note instead insult anyone and toss the notes.

Im so sorry you had to go through this..:hug:

FelixKat930 said:

Stay strong..I know it hurts...I will be praying for you that God will give you peace and joy in your life. :hug:

My childhood was not happy one...

I was being abused by step-dad... It´s unforgiveable what he did to me, my siblings and mom. (long story at thread at 2 years ago).

I forgave my Dad after long talk and then move on... I can´t forgave my step-dad after what he did to me horribly. I saw him for a first time after 30 years no see at Sue´s cremation. (He know he is unwelcome to attend my sister Sue´s cremation but he choose to disrespect my Dad... big problem... - I was shock and feel sick when I saw him... ) He is an old man... mmmhhh

I lost my respect on my mom for not attend her daughter´s cremation. They found her and inform her the death of Sue but she doesn´t bother to answer or attend. It´s her loss!

My mom is an alocholic and my Dad was a gambler (not more at long time ago).

My Mother Was Ashamed That I Was Ever Born. When She Found Out That I Do Have A Hearing Handicap It Was Like The World Stop Turning. My Dad Was There All The Way For Me. Pls Live Your Life The Way You Want To. It Is Very Important That You Live Your Life. You Are An Adult So Your Mother Have No Hold On You. Pls Don't Dwell On The Past As It Can Eat Your Inside. I Know As I Had Been There. I Love My Life Now .

Both my grandparents were incredebly abusive, my dads dad was so bad that he tried to kill my grandmother, and so my dad beat him up (my dad was only 13) and my grandfather kicked him out of the house, so my dad was homeless living on park benches and in hallways until his 20's... so I don't directly suffer from abuse, but my parents are a bit disfunctional, and they can be pretty hard to deal with, but I don't blame them.

Back