Have to share...

Wow! Store reply by email already!! Ha! Don't get that from Sears! LOL

Hi
I am glad you had a good experience at the store. I have a few deaf customers so when I got a application from a nice girl who could
sign I hired her. Carlene actually has a deaf brother and thats how she knows how to sign. She does go to school though so only works
2 or 3 days per week. If you ever wish to know the shifts she will be working feel free to text me at 604-XXX-XXXX and I can let
you know when she will be working.
Thanks for your business
Mark Steensma
You will be surprised. I only deal with people through email and most stores can accommodate that communication.

Recently I found a love for ones that have real time chat for customer service.

You will be surprised. I only deal with people through email and most stores can accommodate that communication.

Recently I found a love for ones that have real time chat for customer service.

I do also...email or text. I find online real time customer chat not helpful though. Hmmm

Maybe depend what problem is? They never seem to be able to help answer question. Yes, they are right there, but do not be overly helpful.

I kind of feel like idjit. If I *only* knew, years ago, voice off and sign only in life, how simple life would be. And me, grandma. Not mature enough for that. :giggle:

The things we learn by just *DOING*!!!:ty:

Wow! Store reply by email already!! Ha! Don't get that from Sears! LOL

Hi
I am glad you had a good experience at the store. I have a few deaf customers so when I got a application from a nice girl who could
sign I hired her. Carlene actually has a deaf brother and thats how she knows how to sign. She does go to school though so only works
2 or 3 days per week. If you ever wish to know the shifts she will be working feel free to text me at 604-XXX-XXXX and I can let
you know when she will be working.
Thanks for your business
Mark Steensma

wow that is nice hear you glad of interesting cool! impressive!

Thanks for sharing your story! I've had a couple of experiences that were similar but the customer was the ones that stepped in and corrected the ignorant employee. This story cheered me up today!

kewl! your BF is very lucky to have a gal like u.. teach asl plus among other things :giggle:

I discover this last week that my two youngest, who actuallt dO f-ing *KNOW* sign will not do it. Mere strangers will help with /voice but my own flesh and blood will not.

Hurrah! I remember when I had my first conversation with a Deaf person, I was SO proud! And it's so cool he was able to be of help in a difficult situation like that.

Another update: :)

He is in Serbia teaching today while on tour of Europe with musician.

He explain in text message that he use *SO* many signs while teaching today even though he has English/Serbian interpreter there. I do not mention that Serbia probably has their own sign language. :giggle:

I am *SO* proud of him for how much he is learning and how excited he is for what he is learning in my language!!

Happy!!

Wow, looks like you have found a gem! I wonder if he has any brothers and a passport to come to USA?

Three cheers!
1. for you
2. for your boyfriend
3. for PFH who has inspired us to Voice Off for better living. I did not understand myself, then tried it - wow - so right!

A little pat for your kids. They will get it.

Three cheers!
1. for you
2. for your boyfriend
3. for PFH who has inspired us to Voice Off for better living. I did not understand myself, then tried it - wow - so right!

A little pat for your kids. They will get it.

Thank you *SO* much for write that! I feel that children should love Mum more than friends and that they should be, how do you say, freer? to assist?

I think about Beclak and her family *SO* much in time like these. Wonder how you switch blueprint of what you've given children to be different. Especially younger ones who do not know any different and yet they are the ones who know sign better.

I have open discussion with all four kids, via Crackbook messaging, about challenges and desire to /voice. My oldest, as usual since she is Mum now, *SO* supportive. She is the one who has already taught her 3 daughters baby sign. Audi think middle daughter may be HoH but I think youngest could be deaf.

My second eldest was *SO MAD* at me for not phoning her even though I keep telling her , for many years now, *SO* hard for me to be on phone because have to press phone so hard to my left ear (my *good* ear :giggle:), volume so high, just to hear on phone a little and hearing aides 'feed back' when on phone. She think I reject her because not phone her. Copy response from "JILLIO" on my first thread here and she finally understand!! She never thought about it until the way Jillio explained it. She want to learn ASL now. To speak to me. :hug:[HINT, HINT]

My third daughter, of *all* people do not seem to understand. She *love* my voice. Only voice she have known and it make me cry to type that because I feel like I betray her by not speaking if she love it so much but it hurts *TOO* much to keep talking. Physically/mentally. Which is what I explain to all four. It is *SO* draining to use vocal chord. To use English mind.

Son ask me why I include *him* in private conversation. Say he already know these things but will also not adjust for me. He knows ASL. I've seen it even if he do not know that he is signing. He is using correct sign for different expression.

God, I'm *such* a fuck up!! :giggle:

Okay, I forgive myself for not doing 100% sign with my kids from the get-go?:giggle:

It feel like boyfriend hit, how say, like stand still? Wall? We can have sign conversations but anything beyond simple discussion, well, that it is like he cannot understand so we have to go pen and paper, or voice, and, to me, that is crutch.

I guess I have impatience because much of my sign has come back to me from use as young Rebecca and what I do not remember, and now learn, is so easy for me. Like a photo taken. As soon as I see the sign it like reminder except for the adult ones. :giggle: Never learn those! Haha!

I guess I'm kind of feeling down because he said he would register us in a sign class and he hasn't done that, like he expects me to look after but when man say he will do something I assume he will. Do not know right words. [thud]

Just want one f-ing day of my life in MY OWN LANGUAGE!!!!

/rant off

Back