Have met any country singers or movie stars?

PurrMeow

Reaction score
Pls forgive me if this is repost. If so , mod pls move it to where its suppose to be. Tks

Have any of you met movie stars (actors/actress) or singers (country, rock'n'roll etcs)?

I have met "The Rock" (actor), Ashley Judd
I also have met few country singers such as The Judds, Barbara Mandrell and her sisters, Johnny Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, Alan Jackson, Amy Grant and Vince Gill, few others. Also Titan coach Jeff Fisher and his wife.

I've met Bruce Springsteen, Barbarba Mandrell (sp?) and Jack Wagner

IM023069.jpg

Bm11.jpg

Wagner1st.JPG

I have met a number of movie stars including:

Christopher Reeves
Lauren Bacall
Ali McGraw
Robert Lowe
Olivia Newton St John
Melissa Gilbert
Cher (in distance near front stage, not really met or chat at all)

I actually saw these
Famous people (non-movie stars) in person:
(some of them i already chat with and
some of them i never chat with yet)

Warren Buffet
Ross Perot
Georgette Mosbacher
Sen. Robert Dole and Wife Elizabeth
Martina Navratilova

My former job I used to work with many
Bill Gates' assistants (even though
I have not really met Bill Gates in person yet) and
I used to work directly with Timothy Berner-Lee
and others

Etc I cannot remember more...

Last edited:
Wow Y, You met a lot more than I had. You live near Hollywood or something or New York?

I m an OU student, so I see Bob Stoops around campus all the time. I have never met him though.

Not a movie star or country singer, but still famous.

Cheri said:
Wow Y, You met a lot more than I had. You live near Hollywood or something or New York?

Sorta of. I'm originally from NY but I had been everywhere
all over in the United States and overseas a few times.
Mostly I met many of them in Wash DC.
I currently live not too far from Wash DC area.

Most of them were more of "spur of the moment"
I did NOT plan to meet them.

People who knew me they usually said that
I must be a Real Expert at meeting them
having some interesting conversations/chat with them
treating them like human beings and then
after that moment, these people
almost NEVER forgot me. I don't know the
appropriate keyword for this anyway...

Maybe I learned something
from my own father who was a Salesman
for major companies many years in NYC.
He met so many people more than me !!!

They always asked me
"Hey, how the hell did you know this person ?"
I had to shrug my shoulders :)

Additionally, I saw Bruce Willis Demi Moore Arnold Schwarzenegger
at their opening restaurant somewhere in DC I think
it was called "Planet Hollywood" restaurant

However I haven't been traveling going anywhere
much anymore because of my values of Life have
changed. These people are not that important
to me, but they were interesting spice of my life history.

Last edited:
Y, take me with you next time pretty please? :giggle:

I've met Jack Wagner ( Oh, it was a dream that came true ), Barbarba Mandrell , Rick Springfield, and Vince Gill

Ed Waterstreet, Linda Bove, New Kids on the Block (does it count?), Gun N Roses. I am not sure what else. I know I did met few more but I can't remmy.

^Angel^ said:

I've met Jack Wagner ( Oh, it was a dream that came true ), Barbarba Mandrell , Rick Springfield, and Vince Gill

Oh I forgot Rick Springfield, He was there at the bbq show. Darn me, How did I forget.

pdAUAUT0030.jpg

^Angel^ said:

ah, sure I will take you with me next time :giggle:

I will try to describe some thoughts/experience
with some of them. For example,
Ali McGraw seem to be the
only one who spoke very clearly
as compared with many others.
Very easy to lip read hers. Both Robert Lowe
and Melissa Gilbert are easy ones to
communicate with, too.

Someday I would like to meet Madonna in person
only if I feel like to go depends etc.
I rather have a good conversations with Madonna
because she is a business shrewd herself...
I do agree with her about how to run her business, but
I do not always agree with her views
about other things anyway.

How about yours ?

PurrMeow said:
I have met "The Rock" (actor), Ashley Judd
I also have met few country singers such as The Judds, Barbara Mandrell and her sisters, Johnny Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, Alan Jackson, Amy Grant and Vince Gill, few others. Also Titan coach Jeff Fisher and his wife.

Pls tell me more details/description your experience
with any of them.

Jason Gedrick- 80's star of "Iron Eagle" movies
Lisa Dean Ryan- "Wanda" on Doogie Howser, MD... 80's-90's tv show
Megan Ward- did some 90's movies I can't remember what

--I met these above ppl at NYC's Planet Hollywood restaurant, while they were promoting a new TV show called "Class of 96", they came to our table, chatted with us, Lisa Dean Ryan even knew a few simple signs and fingerspelling.. we got our pics taken with them-fun!

Only seen in person but not "met":
President (at that time) Bill Clinton
Malik Youba- "Cool Runnings"
Edward James Olmos- "Miami Vice", "Selena"
Bob Dole
Former president George Bush and wife Barbara Bush
Senator Walter Mondale- at MPLS airport
actor Richard Thomas- "John Boy" from the Waltons TV show at Union Station in Wash. DC
Ed Waterstreet
actor Andrew Shue- "Melrose Place"

And my hubby has met rock star Tommy Lee- bumped into him at a McDonald's restaurant after the Motley Crue concert, to which Tommy Lee gave him a pair of his drumsticks :cheers:

I met Bruce wills, Demi moore, Aronlad Schawartz (Spell?), and i forgot this black funny guys name! ill have to get back to you! heh. They were out at the Mall of america. I live only an hr away from MOA. :)

Now i remember a few more:

At the Dulles airport I saw a handsome good looking guy was
carrying leather suitcase walking past by me, then
my brother turned around asking me
if i recognize him I said No...
Then my brother told me
that's Joe Theisman !! (Former Redskins Football player)
He actually was walking very swiftly like a New Yorker...
j_theisman2.jpg

A Good conversation with Congressman Tony Coehlo...
Cool guy !
He's an advocate/author of the Americans with Disabilities Act
spea4.jpg

Y said:
Pls tell me more details/description your experience
with any of them.

Ok Y, My experiences of meeting with them as very awsome, You know Johnny Cash and June Carter, for the first time when Johnny Cash was in hospital for pneuomia or something and June was in grocery store to buy foods. I was standing in line at register and June was behind me. My sec ex hubby told me that June Carter Cash was standing behind me and I turned around and suprised and said hello to her and told her to go ahead to get in front to get through. U know alot of ppls were chasing famous ppls to get pictures. I was very trying to be very polite to allow her to get in front of me. I also never ask for their pix or signatures. June is very short than me. . Anyway , For Johnny Cash I have met him becuase I lived in Nashville where country singers were singing at Opry. Thats where I have met country singers. Especially few of them came to store where I used to work in grocery store. For Jeff Fisher and his wife. They came to speak about getting cupcakes and etcs for their son's school to support. As for Amy Grant and Vince Gill, I went with friend to play golf thats where I met them. For Barbara Mandrell. I have been meeting her alot of times at different places. We didn't expect each other to meet. It just happened. We both talk to each other include her family. Also she used to live on the same street where I used to live but not closely. I am sure you know most country singers live in Tennessee where I used to live.

I've met them... Clinton at a rally in 1996 at Target Center.. There are a pic of me with Bill somewhere in AD.... I also have met Mondale, and I also know his son, Ted. Walter also was Vice President. I was able to get his autogrpah, and mingled with him few times- nice fellow. Airport name actaully is Lindberg Terminal or Minneapolis-St. Paul Int'l Airport (big airport), and small airport is Hubert Humphrey A.K.A. HHH Airport.

Superfroggy said:
President (at that time) Bill Clinton
Senator Walter Mondale- at MPLS airport

Eddie Murphy??

LisaMarie said:
I met Bruce wills, Demi moore, Aronlad Schawartz (Spell?), and i forgot this black funny guys name! ill have to get back to you! heh. They were out at the Mall of america. I live only an hr away from MOA. :)

I've met and had a beer with justin timberlake he's my best friends neighbor in orlando. Also met sandra bullock. Scott staff(creed lead singer) scott is a complete dick he was at city walk with his wife I guess and I just said hey to him he got mad and said never approach me in public lol. I've also met diamond dallas page, and rob zombie. My friend lives in a rich gated community lol, and orlando is just over populated with celebrity ppls

Back