Have anyone take your kid(s) away from you.....

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
because they think you can't do the job and that you are deaf. I mean people like your family members or someone else who tried to take your kids away from you and try to have legal guardian or whaever. Tell us a story about it if it happened to any of you guys.

There was a court case back in the '60's which said that deaf people couldn't be good parents b/c they were deaf. Nowadays you can't legally lose your parenting rights due to physical disabilty. Nowadays when someone loses parenting rights, it's usally due to severe mental illness or whatever.

I have a interpreter told me story about her sister. Her grandparent took away of her older sister that grandparent thinks that her parents are unfaithful due the deafness issue. When her parents decide other child but not let her grandparent knows about other child. Today the interpreter and her sister don't along because her sister is ashame to see the parents because the deafness.

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

that peeves me, taking ur kid away cuz ur deaf and all i think is blanant pure BS!

i haven't had that happen to me at all im just lucky! :)

fly free i was talking abt the deaf issues, not abt the kids itself even tho i dont have one i know it peeves me to see kids being taken away all cuz of deafness cux hearings aren't fully educated. i had a friend that happened to lose thier kids cuz they were deaf back in the days, now its based on drugs or other issues. IM sorry i didn't make this clear enuff as to the posting. hope this is better clarification...

ANd i know i don t have kids but i don't like seeing innocent kids being used on disablity. IM lucky i have family that supports me. even tho there's no kids right now in my life.

Yes I had a friend that was going through her divorce and she asked her mother to take care of her daughter for her until she gets back on her feet then she met someone she fell in love with and became a lesbian and now that her mom didnt approved that she was a lesbian now she wont give back her daughter so.. they are in the middle of a court battle.. her mother stated alot of lies due to her daughter being deaf as an excuse to upset her daughter the facts is that she didnt want the granddaughter to be around lesbian people and that why she is doing anything she can to prevent to have the child return to her daughter.. Now that her daughter is very upset cuz she lying in court saying that she could not hear the daughter cried and etc. and the court gave the full custody to the mother(Grandma) and now that her daughter is soo upset she is fighting back!~ I felt so bad for her acutally because she been through soo much in her life going through divorce and having her money spends on lawyer and court costs etc. and she lost her job and then she wanted her daughter to be well taken care of so that why she gave it to her mother temp until she got a new job and a new place to live now that her mother wont return the daughter back to her that is wrong..I think.. just because she is lesbian that doesnt give the Grandma the right to take the granddaughter away from her.

Last edited:
No, I never had a problem nor never had my children taken away from me....

well... I suggust if you have any social worker go over to visit you.. BE CAREFUL!!!! cuz the state agency or social worker or etc... have the rights to take ur kids away if there's any one simple mistake u made...

This had happened to me.. they come over to visit me once a month.. Believe me... i suggust u to not have any social worker or anything ... don't trust them... don't sign anything... nothing .. :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
This had happened to me.. they come over to visit me once a month.. Believe me... i suggust u to not have any social worker or anything ... don't trust them... don't sign anything... nothing .. :D

For how long? When will they leave u alone about time?

I second that same thing Deafscuba too.. No matter what.. " 1 fragile glass ball dropped on the floor" then that is it agency will take you away!
Idom(sp) title "1 fragile glass ball dropped on the floor" sound like senstive breakable simple thingy.. may become lead to Big Mistake or Dangerous! That we always used say that.. We really kept holding fragile glass ball as title meaning.

Yeah so am I never trusted the agency of children protection.. There's no such thing no reason taking you away for what? Included Neighborus totally not trust because can be driving you nuts away more... CAS took our children away... My lawyer and my hubby and I were fought the court and finally recoglized that neighbours have the huge problem which kept calling to CAS how many the pages can you images.. Neighbour calling 700x times and more againist us.. CAS says, you're failed supervison of your children.. What the heck problem.. I insluted CAS, Look another children are playing without parent are watching.. as we are normal like hearing people.. CAS said you're WRONG.. Whoa.. blow our face out.. That how We battled and finally won the case which CAS is prejuiced on Deaf (us).

We moved to Farm.. finally we are peace unfortunally Landlord kept picking on us because of my older son is ADD.. He has none wrong just standing and staring cows.. Just curiouis.. Landlord compain.. WTF, we decide to move out again and settled living in townhouse.. Not again Townhouse neighbours driving our way out.. Someone call CAS false information againist us.. CAS Says "Your little boy is walked outside very late hours 11pm." In my mind WTF, and told CAS no way, my son doesn't like go outside very dark and scared, he always goes bedtime at 9pm.. I want press the charge for someone who did phoned CAS false information.. CAS refused release the name.. I was so mad.. An Interpreter know us very well , we are totally suffered and innocent.. An interpreter tell us.. MOVE OUT sooner!!, We said yeah.. we'll move out.. We decide to going buy a country house NO MORE LIVING ON RENT ANYMORE!! ENUFF PAIN THE ASS!

Suggest best living ON OWN instead rent..

Today is worst nightmare isn't same longest years ago there have allowed displinece but today is anymore.. SAD Children are powerful and anything what wants.. Geez!!! Children can be lead become to worst behaving without displince.. :::sigh:::

I had kept patience find a another way displince on my children as fragile.. (rolled my eyes up)

I've heard sabrina's story sometime ago (sorry if this is offending you, sabrina, but it was a interesting story though)

She has two sons and the court has tried to take them away due to her deafness and she fought hard to keep her own children...so whoever thought parents can't be parents only because they are deaf deserves a beating to the nails screwing their head and bleed to death.

Steel said:
I've heard sabrina's story sometime ago (sorry if this is offending you, sabrina, but it was a interesting story though)

She has two sons and the court has tried to take them away due to her deafness and she fought hard to keep her own children...so whoever thought parents can't be parents only because they are deaf deserves a beating to the nails screwing their head and bleed to death.

yes it is true.. she will keep fight for her rights since she knows that she did NOTHING wrong as for begin deaf parent! Her kids turn out "Great" I have met them once at their apt. and once at our friend's house for birthday party :)

I have gone thru too, but not taken away, I fought for my rights.. and finally they closed case as they don't see anything wrong either..

Like bullymom said about fragile glass ball. Same idea if you leave burning candle in Livingroom and you are in your bedroom or where you are in part of house for more than 5 min or so.. They will consider it dangerous to leave a burning candle in one room without supervision DUE of it may "cause fire" on child or the house.. I said gimme a break it is on mantle ! STILL doesn't matter where you are.. you have to be in same room when you have burning candle! even a cat can "accidently" knock over the burning candle is a still considerable to be danger!! I know this sound soo silly! but just giving a sample! So I had to keep candle in one room or other where I am and my adult relative are.. well I can't keep sitting. im having too much contractions arghh but not enough "length" to send me to hosp "yet"

Ciao all,
Wendy

Bullym0m said:
I second that same thing Deafscuba too.. No matter what.. " 1 fragile glass ball dropped on the floor" then that is it agency will take you away!...

BullyMom, David and you are not only deaf parents who had bad experiences with CAS in the past and I am aware of your situation. In Ontario, some deaf parents had bad experiences with the CAS and the CAS have treated them like shit.

You might know that the CAS took away a two months old baby from a single deaf mother two years ago while she was in her friend's car to wait for her friend in the Toronto apartment parking garage. The CAS social worker and two policemen showed up to take her baby away from and just gave her a CAS business card WITHOUT AN INTERPRETER. This incident was printed in the Toronto Star newspapers and some people wrote letters to criticize the CAS for a mean-spirited and harsh treatment toward a deaf single mother such as breaking up an important bond between a mother and newborn. The OAD took up this case on behalf of this deaf mother in public relation campaign and courtroom and two weeks later, the baby was rightfully returned to a single deaf mother.

The problems that the CAS are having with deaf parents are: their lack of knowledge in deaf people's rights to have interpeting services and other services, their lack of understanding and knowledge in deaf issues; and how improper, indifferent and harsh that they show how they treat deaf parents.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
well... I suggust if you have any social worker go over to visit you.. BE CAREFUL!!!! cuz the state agency or social worker or etc... have the rights to take ur kids away if there's any one simple mistake u made...

fuckin :werd:

I don't TRUST case worker or social worker... I won't let them come here. Because what it happened to me in the past that I was taken away from my parents when I was lil so. I just can't trust them, u know scared feeling cuz of bad scar memory on me what it has happened to me...so hell I wont allow to happen to my kids too. :madfawk:

Last edited:
Steel said:

Thanks for bring this up. Steel Nope, you were not offending me. I wrote a story few months ago in Alldeaf somewhere thread.

Also in www.deafnotes.com We were debated about those issues for years. Now, I am very lucky because in my hometown social worker, man knows sign language. We worked together very closer now. My mother was social worker at Department Social Service. She terminated because she made a right the decision that the little girl who is Deaf. DSS supervisor puts her at Mental Health Agency because she can't speak. Can you image it? (sorry talk to point out of this topic)

God took my Mother into the heaven when the court was not completely. I assumed, God wants my Mom fight for a right with illness children in the heaven.

She stood up to fight with the Judge for years. Judge order DSS social workers to learn sign language at ASL class and learn more about Deaf Culture. I move to new town and find a good and friendly social worker. He support me all the way. We do still keep in touch even althought my kids are growing into adults. :)

WBHarley said:
yes it is true.. she will keep fight for her rights since she knows that she did NOTHING wrong as for begin deaf parent! Her kids turn out "Great" I have met them once at their apt. and once at our friend's house for birthday party :)

Thanks for your compliments ! :) Wendy surely drops her jaws on the floor when she meet my younger son, Richard LMAO He is really handsome young man !

Guess what, he does not dye blue on his hair anymore. His girlfriend made him stop. Thanks God !

Lasza said:
For how long? When will they leave u alone about time?
they have been come visit for about 6 months... then i finally gave up and tell them i don't need them anymore.. so they cut my case.. thank god... they just come to my house with an interpreter to see how i'm doing how my son's doing.. and what needs to be made to improve around the house for safer things like safty plug on plugs, etc.. Heck.. i don't need them... but i can suspect that they're trying to find ways to take my son away... so glad they stopped..

Wild- so whatever u have a social worker or case worker or whatever.. If they want to stop by at ur house... just say NO.. it's ur rights of pravicy..
i suffered with them.. for few months.. and wish i never let them come-in.. and glad they cut the case only cuz they said " you are doing just fine with ur son and we will close the case and we no longer will work with you".. this bothers me a little bit.. cuz seems like they're looking for ways to take my son..

KingCobra said:
BullyMom, David and you are not only deaf parents who had bad experiences with CAS in the past and I am aware of your situation. In Ontario, some deaf parents had bad experiences with the CAS and the CAS have treated them like shit.

You might know that the CAS took away a two months old baby from a single deaf mother two years ago while she was in her friend's car to wait for her friend in the Toronto apartment parking garage. The CAS social worker and two policemen showed up to take her baby away from and just gave her a CAS business card WITHOUT AN INTERPRETER. This incident was printed in the Toronto Star newspapers and some people wrote letters to criticize the CAS for a mean-spirited and harsh treatment toward a deaf single mother such as breaking up an important bond between a mother and newborn. The OAD took up this case on behalf of this deaf mother in public relation campaign and courtroom and two weeks later, the baby was rightfully returned to a single deaf mother.

The problems that the CAS are having with deaf parents are: their lack of knowledge in deaf people's rights to have interpeting services and other services, their lack of understanding and knowledge in deaf issues; and how improper, indifferent and harsh that they show how they treat deaf parents.

Yes I do know about Deaf Single Mother.. She did right thing but CAS really extremelly dangerous no matter what taking you away for no reason and also without an interpreter..

As same thing like us did.. (sigh) I've been in 10 years involved with CAS.. finally we won the court through hell 10 years.. Judge found that CAS is prejuiced.. PAH! we moved another town.. unfortunally not again neighbours calling false information.. that is it.. We prefer buy a country house by rural area only.. Give us damn peace.. I had enuff being like 10 years.. where our spaces?

You have to keep hold your "fraigle glass ball". Don't let your ball dropped!
Keep watch out neighbours and others no matter what.. Make sure your family safe and secured!

Back