Hateful note to McCain supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why him and not others' experience being reported? Bumper stickers elicit response and people are shocked when they receive it?
It was "reported" because the person wrote a letter to the editor about his experience. Not everyone bothers to write letters to the editor.

I thought it was clear from my original post and citation that it was a letter to the paper's editor.

BTW, I see many bumper stickers every day during my commute and in the college parking lot that I don't agree with, or that are downright offensive but it would never occur to me to vandalize a car, or leave a nasty note on the car, or bother the people in the car.

BTW, I see many bumper stickers every day during my commute and in the college parking lot that I don't agree with, or that are downright offensive but it would never occur to me to vandalize a car, or leave a nasty note on the car, or bother the people in the car.

Same here. When a freak incident happens, I see no reason to report it. Apparently, the issue hits too close to home for the person to report it?

People may not agree with other's beliefs, but they should not do hatred actions.

I am not into showing support for presidents. When we vote, it is personal. Also, I wondered since McCain talks about throwing out wasteful spending, don't you think those signs people display in front of their homes are wasteful spending as well? Not to mention bad for the landfills?

People may not agree with other's beliefs, but they should not do hatred actions.

I am not into showing support for presidents. When we vote, it is personal. Also, I wondered since McCain talks about throwing out wasteful spending, don't you think those signs people display in front of their homes are wasteful spending as well? Not to mention bad for the landfills?

A military person with a political bumper sticker along with a military base sticker is upset that someone responds. That equation = a candidate's promise toward wasteful spending and landfills? Let's stick with the point of this thread, people.

A military person with a political bumper sticker along with a military base sticker is upset that someone responds. That equation = a candidate's promise toward wasteful spending and landfills? Let's stick with the point of this thread, people.

The concern popped in my head. I couldn't help it. It gets boring. We know it's wrong, wrong, wrong. What else can we say? I threw in some concern that I felt was more interesting that could lead to more discussions.

The concern popped in my head. I couldn't help it. It gets boring. We know it's wrong, wrong, wrong. What else can we say? I threw in some concern that I felt was more interesting that could lead to more discussions.

The general consensus (on any side of the political spectrum) is that it is wrong. I do not understand why this is posted in the first place . . . nor I understand ClearSky's posting.

It's truly senseless, but nor do I understand yours. I think it's just to talk.

I agree that George Lisle should write something different than immaturity letter like this to McCain supporter.

If George want to rant then write himself or whatever instead of to McCain supporter.

. . . and so we talk about nothing, really. Is that the intent of this thread?

If you keep to the point of the thread, it will probably evolve into nothing to talk about. Perhaps, the thread should have been left for reading purpose only.

If you keep to the point of the thread, it will probably evolve into nothing to talk about. Perhaps, the thread should have been left for reading purpose only.

A question has been poised (not without reason) as to why this thread was created in the first place. Reading? I'd like to think we are reading . . . and observing goading.

To get a rise out of people? lol People love drama sometimes.

Um, hate letter?

Look at Fox news - its filled with so much hatred toward Democrats, always blaming Democrats and liberals for all "problems" happening in America. Hannity, O Reilly, et al deserve to be egged!

Shel 90 Go ahead and do it! Pleeze, You gotta humor me!! Ha!Ha!

Um, hate letter?

Look at Fox news - its filled with so much hatred toward Democrats, always blaming Democrats and liberals for all "problems" happening in America. Hannity, O Reilly, et al deserve to be egged!
I've never heard any of the commentators on Fox News say that they "hate" Democrats or liberals.

I agree that George Lisle should write something different than immaturity letter like this to McCain supporter.

If George want to rant then write himself or whatever instead of to McCain supporter.
George Lisle is a McCain supporter. He wrote the truth about what happened to him. He went to a restaurant with his wife, and then found a nasty note on his car. So he wrote a letter to the editor of the local paper. That is a common American way to inform or express an opinion to the public.

I give up. Apparently only threads that are critical of Republicans and conservatives are allowed. Anything showing that Republicans or conservatives get attacked for their opinions or candidates is unacceptable. Republicans and conservatives must always be portrayed as the attackers, and never as the attacked. How dense of me not to see that.

Mods, you can lock this thread at any time. I've learned my lesson.

I give up. Apparently only threads that are critical of Republicans and conservatives are allowed. Anything showing that Republicans or conservatives get attacked for their opinions or candidates is unacceptable. Republicans and conservatives must always be portrayed as the attackers, and never as the attacked. How dense of me not to see that.

Reba, your message and perceived intent is of importance. If you were not Reba, there would be an imbalance. Did you not, once, accuse me (while withdrawing from a discussion) that I'd withdrawn because I'd not believed in it? Reba, you are a necessary balance that AllDeaf needs.

I've never heard any of the commentators on Fox News say that they "hate" Democrats or liberals.

That's because they mask their hatred using doublespeak and other tactics.

It may not seem blatant but it's not hard to figure out where the talking heads on Fox News lie when it comes to politics. Also, regarding connections to hate, Sean Hannity has a connection to white supremacist Hal Turner, author of the "Turner Diaries" and a big influence on Timothy McVeigh.

Why should they lock this thread? For the past 8 years, Conservatives and Republicans have attacked Democrats and Liberals. It's no surprise that a conservative on here wants a thread to be locked because the Liberals and Democrats on here won't roll over and play dead (like those in Congress).

After 8 years, I think we're entitled to bash Conservatives and Republicans. Their policies are what got us into this rut in the first place. It's certainly better to discuss this stuff than to bottle it up and have it result in incidents like the one described by this thread and also incidents where people walk into churches and shoot people they consider to be Liberals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back