Hate new cars

Why hate Auto Tranny, eh?

Too many used cars around here are an auto transmission which I hate it so much. Believe or not, 97% of USA factory made an auto transmission. That's pretty a lot. Europe is around 70% of manual transmission.

Why hate Auto Tranny, eh?

Heavy, expensive, no fun for drive, can't start when battery died, etc.

I have two healthy hands and two healthy feet. So why need auto transmission for?

Auto transmission keep one hand and one foot free which good for use text, masturbate, play with radio and drink so much. :laugh2:

?

You text, drinking and drive? TSK!

SMH

BTW, why should I worry about dead batteries? I always carry back up battery powered jumper. And both of batteries in my SUV is less than a year old... Yes, my SUV got two batteries :-D

Heavy, expensive, no fun for drive, can't start when battery died, etc.

I have two healthy hands and two healthy feet. So why need auto transmission for?

Auto transmission keep one hand and one foot free which good for use text, masturbate, play with radio and drink so much. :laugh2:

?

You text, drinking and drive? TSK!

SMH

BTW, why should I worry about dead batteries? I always carry back up battery powered jumper. And both of batteries in my SUV is less than a year old... Yes, my SUV got two batteries :-D

Go sleep and wake up next morning and read again what I talked about text, drinking and drive is for auto transmission only.

****ing back up battery and good luck with HEAVY rain. Just pop the clutch and start engine in 5-10 seconds.

BTW all back-up batteries would drain during winters. Useless.

Sure wish I could learn manual shift driving... I never learned (there's a reason why) so I end up sticking with automatic.. no real choice at the moment.

Some people can't drive manual anymore due to injuries too... (that friend is disappointed too :( ).

Huh? Where did you get the idea that I love rain-sensing windshield wipers, auto tranny?

God! Christ! I hate these wiper technology! I'm ok with delay wiper but God forbidden auto shit on it.
Secondly, two out of three vehicles I currently own has three pedals (E-brake not counting), and a stick... isn't that good o'le school, eh?

Lastly, I was thrilled no more climate control shit on my truck! I got rid of it.

rain-sensing windshield? what the heck is that contraption?????

that's why I bought Nissan Xterra... none of these nonsense technology! the best part? it doesn't tell me to buckle up! :thumb:

Huh? Where did you get the idea that I love rain-sensing windshield wipers, auto tranny?

God! Christ! I hate these wiper technology! I'm ok with delay wiper but God forbidden auto shit on it.
Secondly, two out of three vehicles I currently own has three pedals (E-brake not counting), and a stick... isn't that good o'le school, eh?

Lastly, I was thrilled no more climate control shit on my truck! I got rid of it.

That's okay you don't remember it. Why you think E-brakes are pedals? Not all cars and semi-trucks use e-brake as pedals, they use handle or supply valve. E-brake as pedals are very stupid design and not friendly for manual transmission.

Again, You still love Ford because they have everything as auto.

E-brake in old days really means Emergency brake, used when primary brake fails, it can be pedal or hand type. Older cars looks like have 4 pedals, while newer, just three due to relocation of E-brake to middle of front seat.

Your not old enough if you can't recall high beam switch location that used to be at, years ago.

I instantly said emergency brake lol. Even with some of the automatic transmission cars we had growing up, the "parking brake" was a pedal on the floor- think there was a lever release. The gear shift for automatics have changed locations too.. some of us in my family still try to shift gears from the steering wheel lol before we realize it's in the center console.

E-brake in old days really means Emergency brake, used when primary brake fails, it can be pedal or hand type. Older cars looks like have 4 pedals, while newer, just three due to relocation of E-brake to middle of front seat.

Your not old enough if you can't recall high beam switch location that used to be at, years ago.

people call it emergency/e-brake for that? eh? we call it handbrake.

e -brake is basically a HAND BRAKE
right?

to me, e-brake is electronic hand brake for drifting....lol
like this....

I instantly said emergency brake lol. Even with some of the automatic transmission cars we had growing up, the "parking brake" was a pedal on the floor- think there was a lever release. The gear shift for automatics have changed locations too.. some of us in my family still try to shift gears from the steering wheel lol before we realize it's in the center console.

That is my memory as well. Emergency brake at far left but not down at floor level. Still you used you foot to set it.

I had one friend that had two cars at one point — on one the lever was on the steering wheel column and on the other it was on the floor between the front seats. I remember a time when another friend was to drive my car for a group of us because she was more familiar with the location we were going to. She was used to the automatic selector located on the steering column and reached without looking and turned the wipers on instead!

I am sure you are referring the time when it was on the floor and operated with the left foot.

There was a reference to rain-sensing windshield wipers earlier in this thread. Do any of you remember the autronic eye (sp?) that General Motors came out with in the 1950"s

I had a 1967 Ford Mustang. It had the gas pedal, brake, foot emergency brake and also another foot control pedal on the far left that you could turn your winsdshield wipers on with. I haven't seen that in any other car since then. I've had a 1965, 1966, 1967 and a bought a new 1985 with the 5.0. The new mustang was my very favorite car.

people call it emergency/e-brake for that? eh? we call it handbrake.

Right. Often I see the RO invoice papers that states "E-brake", is because the E-brake is easy word for people or service managers to speaking or addressing the E-brake issues. Mechanics/technicians still use E-brake...

You are right. For single port (primary) or dual port (primary/secondary) in master cylinders. I used to pumping hand brake when my VW's brake failed. On the steepest street like in San Francisco, I hold hand brake, put my left foot on the clutch pedal, right foot on the gas pedal, wait for green light. Scary

Back