HA's Soon

shy2precious

Reaction score
Received great news today!!! Will be getting fit for my HA's soon! The struggle has been real at work...

Congrats! Also, remember to give it time once you get them. I've heard it takes a while to get used to them.

What brand and model will you be getting? Congrats...new HA can be a lot of fun....

Laura

e99c91dc2fb7d9939f86ddc395348d1d.jpg

Congrats! Also, remember to give it time once you get them. I've heard it takes a while to get used to them.
Thank u! Yes I see, I work overnight shift and everyone peacefully sleeping, sometimes lol and I can now hear the a.c. running! I definitely have to get used to them!

The device is the behind the ear hearing aid but what kind of mold or thingy to put in your ear. This does not look like a mold at all.

Is your hearing mild hearing loss? This is probably what senior or late deafened (mild hearing loss) had to wear it by the advertisers, probably not from the audiologist. :hmm:

The device is the behind the ear hearing aid but what kind of mold or thingy to put in your ear. This does not look like a mold at all.

Is your hearing mild hearing loss? This is probably what senior or late deafened (mild hearing loss) had to wear it by the advertisers, probably not from the audiologist. :hmm:

Wondering why you have mild hearing loss in parentheses after late deafened :hmm:

Give it a week shy2precious, your brain will get used to it and things won't seem so weird. Congrats!!

Wondering why you have mild hearing loss in parentheses after late deafened :hmm:

Give it a week shy2precious, your brain will get used to it and things won't seem so weird. Congrats!!

Seriously??

Since you have no response, you should be aware that the thin tubes don't work for heavy losses.

Seriously??

Since you have no response, you should be aware that the thin tubes don't work for heavy losses.

I am very aware that those tubes won't work for heavy losses. But I wasn't talking about that. You're reading comprehension is better than that Botts, step your game up. Putting mild loss in parentheses after late-deafened implies that late-deafened correlates to mild loss. Hello there, I'm late-deafened, which is ridonkulous.

I am talking about the behind the hearing aid which should have regular ear mold, not the tube kind of thingy. Usually it can be called "Miracle Ear" by the advertisers on the type of hearing aid for Seniors or Late Deafened usually mild hearing loss, not for Severe to Profound hearing loss. This is different about the ear mold. I am trying to explain to you, Ambrosia. Don't insult my intelligence.

I am talking about the behind the hearing aid which should have regular ear mold, not the tube kind of thingy. Usually it can be called "Miracle Ear" by the advertisers on the type of hearing aid for Seniors or Late Deafened usually mild hearing loss, not for Severe to Profound hearing loss. This is different about the ear mold. I am trying to explain to you, Ambrosia. Don't insult my intelligence.

Well then allow me teach you something. Late deafened does not equal mild loss. I'm late deafened, I know. I am as deaf as you can get. I am perfectly aware that those aids are for milder losses. I was not addressing your comment about the tubes. Did I say anything about the hearing aid tubes? No, I did not. I addressed your comment that implied late deafened means mild losses.

I am very aware that those tubes won't work for heavy losses. But I wasn't talking about that. You're reading comprehension is better than that Botts, step your game up. Putting mild loss in parentheses after late-deafened implies that late-deafened correlates to mild loss. Hello there, I'm late-deafened, which is ridonkulous.

You should be. So that means you choose to pick on Bebonangs English usage.

Which is an actual rule here that it is not allowed. Of course I realize how special you are, and no need for you to follow the forum rules.

With any luck your CI surgery will be incredibly successful.

You should be. So that means you choose to pick on Bebonangs English usage.

Which is an actual rule here that it is not allowed. Of course I realize how special you are, and no need for you to follow the forum rules.

With any luck your CI surgery will be incredibly successful.

I'm not picking on her "English" usage. She just said it again, she knows what she's saying, she using the proper words to convey what she means. It's just what she means is wrong. Late deafened does not mean mild loss. I am allowed to increase forum members knowledge, am I not?

This is what she said,

Late deafened really mean all degrees of hearing losses but when talking about the type of hearing aid that are not made for severe to profound, especially with the ear mold. That is why I don't mention about late deafened just that the fact is the hearing aid with the tube is only for mild hearing loss. I am talking about one specific mild hearing loss, period. That is why I asked shy2precious if she has mild hearing loss. I know that she is late deafened but I am referring to her hearing aid which I want to make sure if she has mild hearing loss or what? :roll:

Well I imagine with that hearing aid and given the fact that she can hear the AC running and her kid behind her with it, yeah, her loss is probably fairly mild.

Sorry Bebonang, I get prickly. This isn't the first time I've seen late-deafened equated with mild loss on the forum. It raises my hackles. It probably doesn't help that I'm pmsing. So sorry for jumping on your ****.

Hello the device are Reciever In the Canal. My audiologist did prescribe these for my loss, this device are for mild to severe hearing lost. Newer technology, they are Amazing. You ask about mold or thingy that I put in my ear? Well the black tip goes in my canal. Sure I could explain the parts to u when I get home for I'm still learning about these myself.

Bebonang, many, if not most, of today's BTE hearing aids, prescribed by audiologists, have the thin tube & domes, rather than the regular tubes & molds. Yes, those of us with profound loss cannot use them, but a lot of hearing loss is not profound, at least not on the beginning.

Back