Has Anyone in AllDeaf seen a Volcano?

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone of you seen a real volcano in real life, either touched or summited or saw it from a distance, it's a little different question from the mountain thread I just posted....now it's about volcanoes, not standard mountains. For me, I saw and/or touched Lassen Peak, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Shasta, Maua Kea in Hawaii. In the United States, Alaska and Oregon has the most number of volcanoes, there are volcanoes in Wyoming, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. The active ones are in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Wyoming and Hawaii.

Yep at Mammoth Lakes. Been to Shasta, Crater Lakes, and many small dead volcanoes all over Ca.

I have seen Mt. Rainier and Mt. Shasta. About 10 years ago, I had actually visited Mt. St. Helens. While I was there, I took a load of pics of the crater with my telephoto lens. :)

Yes, I have..I saw a volcano (real one) at the Observatory Johnson is only 5 miles from Mt. St. Helens volcano. I saw streams, water running, boiling, lava dome, etc. On opposite side is very beautiful plants and flowers. Very awesome! Also there are few (or some) trails, too.

Also, I have seen it from the plane above Mt. St. Helens. It's really HUGE dome in size.

I have seen it in distant (50 miles from the city) when it erupted (small one).

I also saw a Lake Crater in Oregon once from the plane, it's an extinct volcano.

I was a kid, I probably saw an active volcano in Hawaii. (part of tour)
:) Volcanoes are interesting to seesighting.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
wait!.. does yellowstone national park counts? the hot spring water?

Yes, it does count. Yellowstone is in Wyoming as I said in the post. It's considered an active volcanic national park, and it's a supervolcano, too. It is the world's most largest volcano.

Oh, yeah I saw Crater Lake in Oregon from the plane on way to California. It was a nice view! I also was at the observatory near St. Helens, too. I also saw the steam billowing out of that volcano, too! It was a cool sight, I took many pictures, too. :D

Safari said:
Yes, I have..I saw a volcano (real one) at the Observatory Johnson is only 5 miles from Mt. St. Helens volcano. I saw streams, water running, boiling, lava dome, etc. On opposite side is very beautiful plants and flowers. Very awesome! Also there are few (or some) trails, too.

Also, I have seen it from the plane above Mt. St. Helens. It's really HUGE dome in size.

I have seen it in distant (50 miles from the city) when it erupted (small one).

I also saw a Lake Crater in Oregon once from the plane, it's an extinct volcano.

I was a kid, I probably saw an active volcano in Hawaii. (part of tour)
:) Volcanoes are interesting to seesighting.

i already saw volcano in big hawaii island, i already took pic everywhere... but not see real volcano but i can see steam from underground cuz of underground still alive.. i was on the top and people walked around too... so there were big hole, there already destory no tree, no grass nutthin! it is sand from volcano and black all over... i will put pic here of me on volcano here sooner!!! allright?? :mrgreen:

TweetyBird said:
i already saw volcano in big hawaii island, i already took pic everywhere... but not see real volcano but i can see steam from underground cuz of underground still alive.. i was on the top and people walked around too... so there were big hole, there already destory no tree, no grass nutthin! it is sand from volcano and black all over... i will put pic here of me on volcano here sooner!!! allright?? :mrgreen:

sure, post it when u can! :D I saw lots of black lava in Hawaii, too. It was cool to see how it destroyed the landscape to renew itself!

I saw mt helen leaking smokes few weeks ago I live in vancouver I can see this from my work 42 story building in portland, ore :applause:

genobrst said:
I saw mt helen leaking smokes few weeks ago I live in vancouver I can see this from my work 42 story building in portland, ore :applause:

You work in US Bankcorp building in downtown Portland? I haven't heard anything about St. Helens blowing steam few weeks ago, odd.

I did. In June, it was okay. I just saw the lava flows down from the mountain to the ocean, and saw steam. View from the Cruise ship sailing.

sequoias said:
You work in US Bankcorp building in downtown Portland? I haven't heard anything about St. Helens blowing steam few weeks ago, odd.
yes that right I saw steam from mt helen smile :thumb:

yeah i heard on news that there's some steaming on mt. helen last month.. and some ashes...

sequoias said:
I'm just curious if anyone of you seen a real volcano in real life, either touched or summited or saw it from a distance, it's a little different question from the mountain thread I just posted....now it's about volcanoes, not standard mountains. For me, I saw and/or touched Lassen Peak, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Shasta, Maua Kea in Hawaii. In the United States, Alaska and Oregon has the most number of volcanoes, there are volcanoes in Wyoming, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. The active ones are in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Wyoming and Hawaii.
Yes. We were on vacation up to Washington State. We went to see Mt. Helens I think 2 after it was erupted. (when was that? 1982?) So means I saw Mt. Helens in 1984. Anyway, we walked up on mountains via trail and there is a plaque (sp) to explain what happened, etc etc. There is so many black ashes all over, cars were destroyed, trees were destroyed and I know some people were killed but I can't remember how many people were killed. I can't remember any else. I also saw Mt. Rainier but not too sure where Mt. Shasta is. Where in Oregon and CA???? I never knew there is some active Volcanos! All I know that Mt. Helens and in Hawaii are active, but the rest? I dunno lol! I also saw on TV too..wow! I can't believe how hot and how dangerous Lava is. Lava destoryed beautiful house in Hawaii within a SECOND! I dropped my jaw, no sh*t!!! I am not sure if NY state have any active Volcano. I grew up in West Coast though! I miss WILD WILD West! HEE!

Anyway, I've drove on I-5 few times and passed Mt. Helens. And I have been wanted to go back and visit again. But I never got a chance to! I can see Mt. Helens from Portland, Oregon too. Some day we'll go back to West Coast.

Great Topic, Sequoias! :thumb:

Back