Has anyone heard of NF2? or was deafen by it?

pink-studs

Reaction score
:wave:
1st of all apologies if i posted this in the wrong place....*sorry*

so was wandering does anyone know or heard of NF2? from what i know, is some kinda rare illness happens to 1 in 40 000 ppl in America and very little worldwide. Wat also happens is dat a person turns deaf from it....
jus like to know if anyone here has NF2 or knows any1 who has NF2....:ty:
:)

so was wandering does anyone know or heard of NF2? from what i know, is some kinda rare illness happenes to 1 in 40 000 ppl in Amrica and very little worldwide. Wat slao happens is dat a person turns deaf from it....
jus like to know if nyone here has NF2 or knows any1 who has NF2....:ty:

I don't know anyone with that condition.

i think i posted this in the wrong thread.... um????*scratch head* wat do i do....

appearently its very rare, some funny genetic thing. i heard

what's NF2? At first - I thought it was Need for Speed 2 :dunno:

I remember seeing something on tv about a girl who had that condition. She had a tumor on her brain stem that would kill her if it wasn't removed, but removing it would cause her to lose all her hearing.

My husband's cousin. It caused acoustic neuroma. I think they reduced it with radiation instead and he kept some hearing.

Mod note:

Thread moved to proper place.

I have met a few who have NF 2.

really do they all have flly or partially facial palsy and balance problem? and of cos r they deaf due to an operation?

the illness is really very rare here... (australia) i think theres jus 9 in total from sydney

My husband's cousin. It caused acoustic neuroma. I think they reduced it with radiation instead and he kept some hearing.

so is the tumour now stable? or got rid off i heard with radiation therapy u can only do it a certain amount of time and only on the worst trouble making tumour...

so was wandering does anyone know or heard of NF2? from what i know, is some kinda rare illness happens to 1 in 40 000 ppl in America and very little worldwide. Wat also happens is dat a person turns deaf from it....
jus like to know if anyone here has NF2 or knows any1 who has NF2....:ty:

Hi yes I have Nf2 and I am now profoundly deafened by it.

I have friends from all over the world with this condition on facebook.

oh hi luke, what stage are u in if i may ask? PM me or something..... do u have a balance problem too? where are you from?....

Back