Has anybody ever jumped in pool with HA's/CI on?

hohDougRN

Reaction score
couple weeks ago I jumped into pool, completely forgetting hey was on. I thouht I ruined them. I had to send them in to get worked on and saved me a ton of money over having to buy new ones. So far I got 1 of them back and it sounds good like new. Just wondering if anyone make this error before.

I got into the shower one time with my HA. Quite quickly thought to myself, gawds I can hear the water and touched my ear to great horrified shock that my HA was in. quickly jumped out and dried it off, it was ok after using the blow dryer on it, lucked out I guess.

I don't tend to be much of a swimmer as I hate being without my Ha and without my contacts in, can't see or hear a thing then which leaves me feeling very uncomfortable.

I've never done this with my CIs, but I have with my HAs plenty of times. My HAs were always the first thing I put on in the morning even before taking a shower, so there were numerous times where I'd jump in the shower with my aids on before realizing what I did. Thank goodness nothing ever happened to my HAs as a result. As far as my CIs are concerned, I always make sure to remove my processors before I take a shower given how expensive they are. During the 4 years I've had my first CI and the 3 years I've had my second, I have yet to accidentally shower with my CIs on.

I'v NEVER done that hehehe but sumtimes I have been nearly getting in and realise i can hear so I check my head and take my ci off

I have.. too many times!

I'd jump in the pool and hear warbling noises and go "ehh?!" in my mind and "whoa!".. jump right up out of the water as if it was boiling hot!

I'd be OCD when I had a bath, constantly checking behind my two ears to make sure I didn't bathe with my HAs because I had the bad habit of bathing with my HAs... the warbling sound!

No, but I did jump into the shower once with my HA on! I was lucky it did not get very wet! I always check behind my ear before I turn on the water now!

I've jumped in the pool with them on... and the shower... and the bath... and the rain... all lucky that it still worked. I simply put them under a hairdryer immediately. :)

Wow, vampy, lots of lucky breaks for you. I am just happy to not have the worries of buying new aids yet despite whats happened.

I probably wouldn't mind wearing on a boat for fishing; but kneeboarding or waterskiing. overthepond chicky is way too daring above me for taking them sailing.

Wow, vampy, lots of lucky breaks for you. I am just happy to not have the worries of buying new aids yet despite whats happened.

I probably wouldn't mind wearing on a boat for fishing; but kneeboarding or waterskiing. overthepond chicky is way too daring above me for taking them sailing.
That's a good suggestion.

That's something I want to do when I have more money.

Right now, I'm wearing a digital hearing aid. It's good for work and was good for school.

For other daily activities such as going to the mall, to Six Flags, for walks in the park, or to a party... I would rather wear a cheap analog hearing aid.

The hearing aid that I got wet many times was an analog hearing aid. I can get a new one for $300 to $400. It lasted me 14 years before finally dying on me.

LOL... :lol: Thanks...

Yes I have jumped in the pool many times with HA's. When I was child my Grandparents lived in Menorca. Every summer when we were arriving to their place we usually go straight in the pool fully clothed and with HA's!!... When my parents finally made sure that i take them out on the plane before we get off. But the problem is after i turned 9 I started flying by myself (I had the longer summer holiday than my brother) My grandparents looked after me the first 2 weeks, i still jumped in the pool despite my parents calling up reminding them to take my HA's out! Oh well... never had problem with them. Just chunked them in warm oven on paper towel.

With CI touches wood so far i haven't done anything other than wearing them to sailing and on rainy day.

I have!

Jumped right in the water!

Then, I am like oh shyt!!! Like Miss Bucket!, I flew out of the water like it was boiling.

Took my hearing aids batteries out and let it dry fully before trying it. Took a few days but it ended up working for several more years. :) It was also an Analog.

I've jumped in the pool with my HA on.. Fortunely I didn't get it wet.

A few months ago, I realized I was still wearing my CI (batteries were dead) when I was soaking in the tub. :eek:

LOL! with my HA's...I've tried it a lot of times!!!!

first time was when they were really bothering me..I was around to five and just had my first pair of BTE's for about a month.I threw them from the boat into the sea.LOL! long story that , u can imagine the rest..thankfully , they worked right after.but my mother is always looking as an eagle.

at sixteen , I jumped in shower , and I felt weird..I couldn't place it..why I was hearing rain..my hand got up to check...at the same time my mother got in the bath and saw me..she was DISGUSTED with me , lol!

it was my first digital.it didn't die on me, still working! lol

Four years ago, I was at my boyfriends (Now Ex) house and they have a pool. We both were chatting together and we were right next to the pool, standing of course. Then out of no where, his little brother whose about eight pushes me into the pool while I and Chad (my now ex boyfriend) were screaming "NO" to his brother. I fell in to the pool with my CI on and as soon as I reached up the surface from the water in the pool, I was totally freaking out while Chad was yelling at his brother.

I took my CI off right away and I tried to dry it with the towel, while screaming my head off at his idiotic brother, saying how he just might've broken my thousand dollars CI. We both rushed into Chad's house and I was using his mom's hair dryer to dry my CI. Minutes later, while still panicking and my hair now dry, I put my CI on and amazingly enough... it works! I was just stunned that my CI works after being under the water in the pool!!!

Needing to say, His brother never once tried to do anything stupid like that to me again. And ever since that accident.... I always left my CI off in the house before I'm anywhere near the pool.

Thanks, you guys make me feel better about my mistake. I really thought I'd gone and done it. They both work great now and it was a lesson learned. Im sure they have to build them durable enough for a lot of situations and accidents.

I have never jumped into a pool with them on but I have accidentally gotten into the shower with them on, but I jumped out just as quick as I got in! :lol: That was only once I believe. Now when I wake up in the morning I never put on my hearing aids right away and on weekdays the first thing I do is jump into the shower anyways. :)

Don't feel bad. Been there and done that with my HA but I will never let it happen with my CI - too expensive. My stupidity wasn't because I was wearing it (HA). But rather I put the HA on my shirt collar (t-shirt) as I was about to leave the pool area.

One of my kids forgot something in the shallow area and I had to bend down and get it. I forgot about my HA and it fell out without me knowing it. I started out again and realized it wasn't there. I looked around and saw it at the bottom of the pool. Talk about a heart attack and I scrambled down there in a flash and got it out. I was fortunate as I was able to dry it and reuse it no problem. Wheeeew!!! :shock:

Not once have I ever gotten into the water with my CI on. I think that freakish episode when I realized that I had left my HA on in the shower made me all too aware of myself.

I jumped in the lake with my HA's on when I was a kid! :lol: It was always at summer camp. A few minutes in a low-heat oven dried them right out and worked just fine. Whew. I would've hated to call home and tell my folks I ruined my HAs, summer after summer. :lol:

I went to the shower a couple of days ago with one of the HA. Realized it was on only when I started washing my hair. Got hysteric but eventually nothing happened.

Back