Harley V-Night Rod

FadedRose

Reaction score
This is a dream bike, at least for me: Night Rod Special Take Off and Flat Out - What a Sound - YouTube http://youtu.be/jzJYRMa1IfQ
Hubby says it's NOT for beginners like me and that I'd kill myself on it. My response was at least I'd die happy. Anyone here have experience with the Harley VRod/NightRod? I found a used one at the local motorcycle place for 8 grand/2007/12k miles.
It's a beast! Anything aggressive I like from cars to bikes. I'm totally in love with this bike and I've always heard that you don't choose the bike it chooses you. Well, this one is calling my name...literally. I can hear it in the exhaust.

My husband say's its too powerful of a bike for a "girl" to ride. Yes it's a very powerful bike but you have to start somewhere.

I liked the rebels made by honda until I saw this one. My eyes just popped out of my skull.

Like the bike?

This is a dream bike, at least for me: Night Rod Special Take Off and Flat Out - What a Sound - YouTube Harley Davidson Night Rod Special VRSCDX 280er, Airnott Airide Luftfahrwerk, V Rod Black Custom Bike - YouTube
Hubby says it's NOT for beginners like me and that I'd kill myself on it. My response was at least I'd die happy. Anyone here have experience with the Harley VRod/NightRod? I found a used one at the local motorcycle place for 8 grand/2007/12k miles.
It's a beast! Anything aggressive I like from cars to bikes. I'm totally in love with this bike and I've always heard that you don't choose the bike it chooses you. Well, this one is calling my name...literally. I can hear it in the exhaust.

My husband say's its too powerful of a bike for a "girl" to ride. Yes it's a very powerful bike but you have to start somewhere.

I liked the rebels made by honda until I saw this one. My eyes just popped out of my skull.

Like the bike?

dominion_tank_police_03.jpg

Would this be your first bike? If so, I'd have to agree with your hubby

A 1,250cc bike is a bit much for a beginner. I'd recommend half of that, find something in the 600cc range. Ive never had a bike, and would not dare attempt to DD something like the night rod or a hayabusa. Get something smaller like a suzuki GSX-R 600.

I love the Harley V-Rod / Night Rod. I demoed one and it was great! It would probably not be a good beginners bike. Start out on something smaller like a 400-600 cc bike then move on to the V-Rod as a second bike. Best Harley ever made in my opinion. The engine was designed by Porsche. Not a true Harley but that's why I like it. I ride a Yamaha FJR 1300.

It is the best looking Harley, IMHO. More advanced design & electronics than the other usual H-D's. Yes, it has a lot of power, but it is the weight that will intimidate you if you are a beginner.

Like the others suggested, start off on a more forgiving bike first for about 10K miles before getting one of these $17K bikes.

The only thing I don't like about it is the weird riding position. The pedals are forward, and the handlebars are forward, making your body look like a stretched "C" position. The XR1200 seems more comfortable, but not as good looking as the V-Rod.

It would be my first bike. I just love how it looks and have yet to find another bike that looks similar but would be better suited for a beginner.

I did not know the engine was created by porche. Nice!

It is the best looking Harley, IMHO. More advanced design & electronics than the other usual H-D's. Yes, it has a lot of power, but it is the weight that will intimidate you if you are a beginner.

Like the others suggested, start off on a more forgiving bike first for about 10K miles before getting one of these $17K bikes.

The only thing I don't like about it is the weird riding position. The pedals are forward, and the handlebars are forward, making your body look like a stretched "C" position. The XR1200 seems more comfortable, but not as good looking as the V-Rod.

I noticed the odd riding position myself and am unsure if I'd be able to hold that position and remain balanced. I'm already off balance due to my Deafness...:giggle:.

I noticed the odd riding position myself and am unsure if I'd be able to hold that position and remain balanced. I'm already off balance due to my Deafness...:giggle:.

Try adult sized training wheels for motorcycle :rofl: J/K

Yes, I had friend who have problem with balance and unable to keep straight path due to his imbalanced ears.

Catty

Would this be your first bike? If so, I'd have to agree with your hubby

A 1,250cc bike is a bit much for a beginner. I'd recommend half of that, find something in the 600cc range. Ive never had a bike, and would not dare attempt to DD something like the night rod or a hayabusa. Get something smaller like a suzuki GSX-R 600.

Not for me, I haven't ridden motorcycle for 25 years then bought Suzuki Volusia 800cc last year. I jumped in and rode it like it were a bicycle to me. This motorcycle is pretty powerful but gentle. It's basically an intermediate range motorcycle. I've ridden 1979 750cc Honda SuperSport when I was 16 years old.. I never crashed it and had plenty of joyride :rofl:

Catty

Try adult sized training wheels for motorcycle :rofl: J/K

Yes, I had friend who have problem with balance and unable to keep straight path due to his imbalanced ears.

Catty

:laugh2::laugh2:
It's really embarrassing. Here's a good visual.
Picture a lady standing. Just standing...
She then starts to lean to one side and has to grab on to a counter or anything to remain balanced and for no apparent reason.

er.

That happens to me more than I'd like. At work, home...walking....
christ.

:D

Back