Hard to give up a BB pager :(

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
I did shop around and I learned that Dash would requires $50 per month and 8700 would require 39.99 plus limited 300 SMS. That is too much.

I went ahead and accepted an offer of SK3. I would still pay $30. Unlmited data and no limit for SMS too. I need SMS to communicate with my kids. 300 SMS msgs for BB are not enough.

I loved the use of BB so much and I will go back to owniing a new BB in a couple of years. Thank you for your advise and suggestions.

Best regards.

Sqrrl

Sometimes, it's not what the device provides... but what you can use with it.

I've seen deaf people sitting around with fancy mobile devices that have high-quality internet, email, text messages, MS Word & PowerPoint capability, bluetooth, MP3 player, etc... and they pay $50 to $70 (or more) a month. Yet, the only thing they can really use is email and text messages (sometimes, internet). I have a Sidekick II. The only thing I need is email and text messages. I do like the other features such as calendar and notes. It only costs me $30 a month and that's with unlimited data and text messaging.

Blackberry does look nice, but it offers more than I need. So, why spend more than $30 for something I won't use? :dunno:

If you liked the Dash or BB but wanted something that thin then go check out the Cingular Blackjack and you can get a TAP plan which is 29.99 unlmited data and 5,000 text message for deaf folks from Cingular.

Link of Blackjack Samsung Blackjack™

However Blackjack built in IM uses SMS for AOL,MSN,Yahoo etc but I will be surpised if anyone ever went over 5,000 texts in a month and I am sure you can use/download different IM program to use IM over unlimited data which is quicker reponse than SMS IM.

If you liked the Dash or BB but wanted something that thin then go check out the Cingular Blackjack and you can get a TAP plan which is 29.99 unlmited data and 5,000 text message for deaf folks from Cingular.

Link of Blackjack Samsung Blackjack™

However Blackjack built in IM uses SMS for AOL,MSN,Yahoo etc but I will be surpised if anyone ever went over 5,000 texts in a month and I am sure you can use/download different IM program to use IM over unlimited data which is quicker reponse than SMS IM.

also you can open an email account for direct push feature on ur mobile - mail2web.com that offers free email accounts. direct push runs like BB's email server. very fast email transmitting... and also direct push offers calendar, contacts, and tasks.

like techbill mentioned you about cingular offering the plan, check on that website that cingular offers TAP(text accessibility plan) to deaf customers -
Hearing Aid Compatibility and phones | Cingular Wireless

I did shop around and I learned that Dash would requires $50 per month and 8700 would require 39.99 plus limited 300 SMS. That is too much.

I went ahead and accepted an offer of SK3. I would still pay $30. Unlmited data and no limit for SMS too. I need SMS to communicate with my kids. 300 SMS msgs for BB are not enough.

I loved the use of BB so much and I will go back to owniing a new BB in a couple of years. Thank you for your advise and suggestions.

Best regards.

Sqrrl

you could check Nokia E62 under Cingular. They offer special at $29.99 on unlimited data and 5,000 SMS. It look sw33t like blackberry but more edge sexy-looking. But no camera.. eh..

you could check Nokia E62 under Cingular. They offer special at $29.99 on unlimited data and 5,000 SMS. It look sw33t like blackberry but more edge sexy-looking. But no camera.. eh..

cingular offers not only nokia e62 - u can get 8525, 8125, palm 700, palm 680, blackjack and other PDAs but not BB devices yet. cingular is working on BB plan for deaf users but i saw there is 35 bucks for unlimited bb plan.

cingular offers not only nokia e62 - u can get 8525, 8125, palm 700, palm 680, blackjack and other PDAs but not BB devices yet. cingular is working on BB plan for deaf users but i saw there is 35 bucks for unlimited bb plan.

I just suggest to use something different behind old common BB, SK and Treo. So, I would like to see if anyone make different decide :D

I have blackberry for 29.99 unlimted email and text. I love mine bb very much but will look into yuk-on since the darn ramble kept signing me off for no reason. :D

I have blackberry for 29.99 unlimted email and text. I love mine bb very much but will look into yuk-on since the darn ramble kept signing me off for no reason. :D
second that..

Yeah I heard the rumors who were complants ramble kept signing off from them for NONE GOOD CAUSE! you should give a try yuk-on for 15 day trials.. I am happy with yuk-on, sofar..

I just suggest to use something different behind old common BB, SK and Treo. So, I would like to see if anyone make different decide :D

I use Cingular 8525 with the Cingular TAP plan for 29.99 a month.

It a great phone.

I really wanna get Dash, but it cost 50 dollars monthly unlimited?

I really wanna get Dash, but it cost 50 dollars monthly unlimited?

Yup it look like Tmoblie unlimited internet access is 49.99 a month and only includes 300 SMS text message for dash.

Tmoblie does offer 29.99 a month plan but only on Sidekicks.

I don't think Tmoblie offer plans for hearing impaired or deaf commuity like Cingular and Sprint does.

You might check with Cingular TAP office and see if they will let you buy a unlock Dash like on Ebay then apply with Cingular TAP plan for 29.99 a month which is unlimited internet and 5,000 sms text message.

Yup it look like Tmoblie unlimited internet access is 49.99 a month and only includes 300 SMS text message for dash.

Tmoblie does offer 29.99 a month plan but only on Sidekicks.

I don't think Tmoblie offer plans for hearing impaired or deaf commuity like Cingular and Sprint does.

You might check with Cingular TAP office and see if they will let you buy a unlock Dash like on Ebay then apply with Cingular TAP plan for 29.99 a month which is unlimited internet and 5,000 sms text message.

T-Mobile offered BB unlimited data for 30 dollars monthly... But some people did complain that Dash isnt good quality and lousy camera, so I guess I will stay with BB 8700g

Back