Hard of Hearing in Jacksonville

Scott Mahoney

Reaction score
Howdy!

My name is Scott. I live in Northern Florida and recently found out that I am suffering from significant hearing loss (nerve damage) in both ears. The progression of my hearing loss is continual, but I don't know how long it will be before I can no longer hear.

Currently, I am trying to get accepted into Vocational Rehab Services here in Jacksonville, as they offer a program that could cover the costs of my hearing aids. In the meanwhile, I lost my job and am searching for a new one. However, I need to get my hearing (or lack thereof) stabilized first.

My partner and I will be taking ASL classes, so I will be ahead of the game when the time comes where I can no longer hear.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

Reply back and say hello.

Scott

:welcome: to AD! Enjoy your time here!

btw we are not that far apart. There are some florida ppl here, more than you ever thought! :) Have a good day and Happy Valentine's Day!

Sorry to hear about that, dude.

Good luck with the job, and all that.

Oh yeah, and Allo! :thumb:

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)....

Sorry to hear about that Scott....

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf ScottMahoney!!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here on AD, and make many new friends!!! Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! :wave:

Scott Mahoney said:
Howdy!

Currently, I am trying to get accepted into Vocational Rehab Services here in Jacksonville, as they offer a program that could cover the costs of my hearing aids. In the meanwhile, I lost my job and am searching for a new one. However, I need to get my hearing (or lack thereof) stabilized first.

My partner and I will be taking ASL classes, so I will be ahead of the game when the time comes where I can no longer hear.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

Reply back and say hello.

Scott

Well welcome to my neck of the woods. I also live in Jacksonville. You can also try the Indepedent Living Resource Center to apply for hearing aid and glasses, if you need them, assistance. The telephone number and contact information is:

Independent Living Resource Center

904-399-8484

Karen Lewis, DCP Coordinator-x36

Syreeta Little, DVA Coordinator-x17

PS: Where are you taking the ASL classes. Please feel free to private message me.

Back