Harassment/Bullying in the workplace

I don't like talking about this much but I thought I should.

I used to work for Tax Office, which was under the auspice of Federal Govt.

Anyway, at first things were going well. Good team and nice team leader. Then when I started to develop RSI. I became an target, so to speak. Therefore I was subjected to emotional form of bullying by old and new group leaders.

The result I was forced to resign or face firing. I chose to resign.

I complained to Human Rights and they investigated. Tried to contact lawyers. Human Rights found there was no cause behind my complaint. Lawyers didn't want to hear my case.

I was very emotionally devastated after I left the tax office.

I filed formal complaints against those two team leaders. So I have to be satisfied that it'll be on their permanent record. Well,what comes around will go around.

Later on I found out it was one of the upper management leader who were indirectly behind the bullying because she wanted to get rid of me as I'm a liability due to RSI, and it was she who told the team leader to do the dirty job.

I realised as I type this; I still don't like speaking about it.

So sorry to hear this!...What is RSI ?

(still need to respond to your other message but this is for now)--
totally feel you....you probably don't feel too proud about this because there was 'nothing' you could do. I know that feeling! I've had several on-going battles until I am told it's out of hands (after superior hearings or the time has gone by). but...I try to keep this in mind that those reports I've filed against them are as warning. and I've 'let them go'...(one with best heart is sweetest revenge, right?) ;) in case they 'deal' with other deaf person like me.

I don't like talking about this much but I thought I should.

I used to work for Tax Office, which was under the auspice of Federal Govt.

Anyway, at first things were going well. Good team and nice team leader. Then when I started to develop RSI. I became an target, so to speak. Therefore I was subjected to emotional form of bullying by old and new group leaders.

The result I was forced to resign or face firing. I chose to resign.

I complained to Human Rights and they investigated. Tried to contact lawyers. Human Rights found there was no cause behind my complaint. Lawyers didn't want to hear my case.

I was very emotionally devastated after I left the tax office.

I filed formal complaints against those two team leaders. So I have to be satisfied that it'll be on their permanent record. Well,what comes around will go around.

Later on I found out it was one of the upper management leader who were indirectly behind the bullying because she wanted to get rid of me as I'm a liability due to RSI, and it was she who told the team leader to do the dirty job.

You are among friends here, I think the majority of the Deaf/HoH have experienced harrassment they do not like to talk about.

It was very brave of you to even mention it.

So sorry to hear this!...What is RSI ?

Thanks, RR. RSI is Repititive Strain Injury usually caused by using computer a lot.

(still need to respond to your other message but this is for now)--
totally feel you....you probably don't feel too proud about this because there was 'nothing' you could do. I know that feeling! I've had several on-going battles until I am told it's out of hands (after superior hearings or the time has gone by). but...I try to keep this in mind that those reports I've filed against them are as warning. and I've 'let them go'...(one with best heart is sweetest revenge, right?) ;) in case they 'deal' with other deaf person like me.

You got it right, Freckles! Yep, sometimes filing formal complaints is all you can do, and it goes to prove that us deafies are not always submissive like Hearies sometimes assume.

You are among friends here, I think the majority of the Deaf/HoH have experienced harrassment they do not like to talk about.

It was very brave of you to even mention it.

Thanks Steinhauer. I hope your complaint will be validated by EOCC.

Back