Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sunshine

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving Day !!!

This year I thankful for: great family, great boyfriend, new house!

May all our Canadian friends have a joyous Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. :wave:

:wave: well wishes to you and your family, Sunny on the Thanksgiving:hug:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. May you have a great day celebrating!

Happy thanksgiving Canadians and everyone else! today is a day in history for Canada... GO JETS :P !!

happy thanksgiving. eat lots of food and enjoy the company of your families.

Being Muslim, I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or any of them "Christian" Holidays...
But that does not mean I am not thankful.

My Friend Lucy, drove from Maryland to Indiana(about 750 miles one way)to get me away from my ex wife. 10 days after I got here, I ended up in the hospital for a week due to Adrenal Insufficiency...that's a condition/illness where your body does not produce enough Hydrocortizone. Without this in your system, you die. Literally. I was about 24 hours or less(according to the doctor) from death when I got to the hospital.

Thanksgiving not Christian holiday! Is about spirit thankfulness.

I'm sorry if my message came across as less than respectful to you or to Christians in general, that is not how I meant it to sound.

The way I was raised, it IS a Christian Holiday...or maybe that's just what my family wanted me to believe...

But I like the way you define Thanksgiving....it SHOULD be about giving thanks for what we have, and being thankful for the friends we have, our health when it's good, etc.

If what I said earlier has upset you in ANY way, I humbly apologize. It is never my intention to upset anyone, make anyone feel uncomfortable, or belittle them in any way.

Being Muslim, I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or any of them "Christian" Holidays...
But that does not mean I am not thankful.

My Friend Lucy, drove from Maryland to Indiana(about 750 miles one way)to get me away from my ex wife. 10 days after I got here, I ended up in the hospital for a week due to Adrenal Insufficiency...that's a condition/illness where your body does not produce enough Hydrocortizone. Without this in your system, you die. Literally. I was about 24 hours or less(according to the doctor) from death when I got to the hospital.

not muslim but i dont celebrate holidays either

I was thinking of what my deaf native friend talked about why we don't need to celebrate Thanksgiving. Why? Because she felt just I feel that many white people and white Christians abused us for being savages and wanted to take our lands away from us. It had and still has been like that for over more than 600 years of suffering since the Columbus came over. They also want to change us to be like them same like our deafness just to be like them. They should respect us as we were first people in the Americas (North and South).

We are not sure how to be thankful like being alive while many died with chicken pox or suffered and died on the walk on the trails to Oklahoma for the reservation or get killed at the Wounded Knee ( I think it was in South Dakota).

Up here in Canada they were put in the residential school just like USA and many Catholic Black Robe priests tried to convert us to be like them. They never left us alone so that we can enjoyed our traditions and our spirit of being who we are. It just made me sad and angry at the same time. I understand her feeling about having to celebrate Thanksgiving when her brother had passed away. It just hurt her and us, natives, to think we can never have peace in our lives struggle with the white government and white people who are controlling us. No wonder that is why I need to speak up and voice my concern about our freedom too.

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and be happy that you don't have a problem like we do. As for deafness, yes, you and I do suffered being in the mainstream schools and tried to understand and getting along in the hearing world which was not easy at all. Everything has to be us to be like them and still make it worse for us to suffer. This is my expression and my opinion. :(

Bebonang, hope there is no mis-understanding on my "like", just note for you...
I put up my own thought in the "General Chat"...

:wave:hi Sunboy!:)

Back