Happy Birthday Cheeta!

Levonian

Reaction score
Cheeta, the chimpanzee who starred with Johnny Weissmuller in 12 Tarzan films, turns 72 today and is the oldest chimpanzee in the world! :thumb: Cheeta starred in the Tarzan films in the 1930’s when he was just a baby, and has outlived every human actor who co-starred with him. He continued to work until the age of 35, and appeared most recently in the 1967 production of Dr. Doolittle. So let’s all give him a big round of applause, :applause: :applause: :applause: and wish him a happy birthday with many more to come. :cheers:

:birthday: 2 yoo...
:birthday: 2 yoo...
:birthday: dear Cheetaaaaaa...
:birthday: 2 yoo!

http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories2004/features/20040405004000.shtml

Attachments

• 20040405004000_bg1.jpg
    20040405004000_bg1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 45
:shock: WOW 72 yrs old for a monkey.. AMAZING!!!!

:birthday: to you..

i'm wondering what's the life span for chimps?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i'm wondering what's the life span for chimps?

About 40 years in the wild, and maybe 50+ years in captivity. Cheeta is the grandaddy of them all! :)

damn no shyt u should be kiddin me but I just went :jaw: at how long the monkey can live that long as long I am here I just can say :birthday:

Awww How Cute! Happy Birthday Cheeta! :birthday: :birthday:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
Happy Birthday to you!

hope your birthday filled up with a lot of fun!!

Happy Birthday to Cheeta! Wow I cant believe she is 72! I enjoyed watching Cheeta and Tarzan in black and white every Saturdays when I was 7 or 8! :thumb:

PurrMeow said:
Wonder if Cheeta gonna to eat b'day cake?

Yep, he had cake. There’s a video on cnn.com of Cheeta’s party. Look at the bottom of ‘Latest News,’ but hurry before it disappears.

Back