Hand hurting

Wow you're so quick to judge before finding out why the OP hands hurt. I kind of thought they might have arthritis , I had a lot of clients that could not button their clothes because their hands hurt so much .
My daughter's had arthritis since she was 12, and some days she can hardly get out of bed. It can be debilitating.

I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and it's a pain sometimes to sign. However, I do keep a brace nearby, and if the pain is bad enough, I'll sleep through the night with it (I could make do without the mark it leaves when I wake up), and the next morning it'll be stable enough to use. I also keep Extra Strength Tylenol nearby for additional support, but I only take it if it becomea unberable.

My daughter's had arthritis since she was 12, and some days she can hardly get out of bed. It can be debilitating.

7 Ingredients to Ease Arthritis Pain

I had a client who ate ginger snap cookies for arthritis . I knew one person that could not eat wheat as it bad his arthritis worst. That is real too bad about your daughter . My client would get wash clothes and roll them up and put them in her hands at bed time. She likes a warm shower before going
to bed too. I had to help her get ready for bed and it so sad to see how much pain she was in.

Wow you're so quick to judge before finding out why the OP hands hurt. I kind of thought they might have arthritis , I had a lot of clients that could not button their clothes because their hands hurt so much .

:doh: I was not being snarky, I was literally saying I hope it's not a lasting problem for them. :doh:

Maybe when I move here in a few weeks to a very urban area, I might be able to use ASL for once with someone, but my right hand hurts because I had a bit of a breakdown and punched my keyboard repeatedly. Hope you find out why your hand hurts.

You just have to practice :)
This. Arthritis or not, learning a new way to move your fingers will initially hurt. I was told this when I began playing piano. It was tiring initially, but as the muscles got exerted more and more, I could practice for longer and longer periods of time without feeling the strain. Eventually, I could play piano for an entire day without my hands being sore.

Same thing happened with fingerspelling; now, I sometimes practice fingerspelling for hours at a time and my hands don't hurt anymore.

Back