Halloween Costumes for Toddler Ideas???

emerald

Reaction score
I'd like to check with any of you to see if you have any ideas of Halloween costumes for a two years old toddler? My son is deaf and he dislike to wear hat.

Vampire..

My son don't like hat either when he was 3.. so, i got cute outfit vampire, but iwth hair spike. its work for me.

Hope u can find something that suit ur son!!

I agree with the vampire idea. you might try a pirate too. Pirates don't HAVE to wear hats

Use your imagination. If it's hard, just take your kid to a local costume shop and have him point at what he wants. You could always take something off the shelf and hold it in front of your son to see how he looks in it.

When I was a kid, my mom made ALL of my costumes. None of them were store-bought. My 3-year-old costume was Mickey Mouse. She actually painted my face and made me clip-on ears to go on my head. My 5-year-old costume was Hulk. She got me green panty hoses. The bottom part, I would put on and then put on a pair of old purple shorts over it. For the top, she cut out a hole in the crotch area and had me put it on upside-down as well as cutting the foot parts off. She then put kleenex to give me some padding like a muscle man and painted my face and hands green plus dyed my hair purple. My 11-year-old costume was an army outfit. She made me camo pants as well as having me wear a dark green T-shirt along with a red bandana and a couple of toy guns. My 12-year-old costume was a karate outfit. She actually created a almost exact drawing of the logo used in The Karate Kid movie outfit. :)

- superman (can rid of mask)
- batman (can rid of hat)
- vampire
- martix
- harley davidson

just find a costumes and if you like that costume, maybe with hat, as important, you can get off the hat.

I have come up with two choices. I think it would be a good idea for my son to dress up either as a doctor or a farmer. I appreciate to hear your feedback.

Maybe pumpkin costume will look good? because it keeps very warm from cold outside.

I just let my kids pick out their own Halloween costumes at the PartyCity. When they see costumes at the store, it would be much easy for them to choose what they would like to wear. That's how I do it. ;)

I would encourage kids to wear crip-style clothes for Halloween and watch out for them.

lets the child choose the halloween outfits. I let my kids choose it. It is easier that way than you choose for them.

Star

lets the child choose the halloween outfits. I let my kids choose it. It is easier that way than you choose for them.

Star

Hi Star,

obiviously you didnt see the orginial thread creater asked for help with the costumes as her son DISLIKED the hats? so she asked us for help with idea for her TWO years old kiddo! :)

i agree to let them pick out the costume themselves but the thread creater's son is only 2 so obivously the momma will have to decide on one for her son! so she need our help with idea for costume... :)

SmileyGin is right. My son is only age 2. He absolutely has no idea of what Halloween is all about. He is a special need child. It will take some time for him to really understand of what is going on. Again I appreciate for people, who share their inputs on this issue.

you are welcome, Emerald!

if u need more input, dont hesitate to ask.. I will be glad to look more for idea of costume? let me know ok.. :)

Hi Star,

obiviously you didnt see the orginial thread creater asked for help with the costumes as her son DISLIKED the hats? so she asked us for help with idea for her TWO years old kiddo! :)

When both of my boys were at the age of 2 they did choose their own costumes themselves just by looking at the pictures posted by where the costumers are located at, since emerald just stated that her child is special needs, then I can understand why she asked us for some feedback's.

When both of my boys were at the age of 2 they did choose their own costumes themselves just by looking at the pictures posted by where the costumers are located at, since emerald just stated that her child is special needs, then I can understand why she asked us for some feedback's.

Yep..my son have special needs too.. i had to pick costume out for him till he was 5..finally he get the idea so he choose his own for first time.. i am happy for him! about time! heh :D

It's fun for halloween.

How about kids can wear like that for halloween?
WATTS.gif

How about dressing him up like a spider? It really simple. Put him in a black long sleeve shirt, black pants, black shoes. Paint his face black, get some mens black socks ( about the same lenght as your sons arms) stuff em with newspaper and attach them to the shirt so they look like spider legs. To form the socks to lok like legs, put a straightened out coat hanger inside the sock so you can bend it to hold shape.Paint a little red hour glass on the chest of the shirt. There ya have it! The cutest little black widow spider. You can even buy a toy bug and wrap it up in white thread to look like it was wrapped up in a web. Secure it to his wrist so it looks like he is about to eat dinner.
You can also paint little fangs on his face.

Or
Get some fabric of any primary color. Cut two big circles from the fabric, sew em together leaving spaces to put it on, and holes in the seams for arms, legs and head, paint a white M on teh front and back, paint his face to match. You just turned him into a sweet little peice of candy!

Can ya tell I like halloween costumes?

If your child is 2 yrs old, maybe a devil custome would be perfect cause all 2 yrs old is so devilish! :-D

Back