Hallo, everybody!

an2net

Reaction score
:wave: Hallo, everybody!

Another newby for this site! I hope I can meet many good friends who are like me.

I am not deaf, only heard of hearing. On my audiogram I have profound bilateral high-frequency hearing loss for most of my life. My first audiogram at age 7 years already showed the "old age pattern" / presbycusis. Now, 39 years later, I am still communicating without hearing aids for most of the time. I must confess, they are often just too noisy!

In addition I have a mental problem that probably comes from partial epilepsy. It is this combination that has me begging for friends who can understand. Often I have to make peace with the fact that some medically knowledgeable people tend to call me crazy! It is even worse because I work in a medical environment and have scientific qualifications in a related field. Perhaps the craziness comes from years of self-denial about the reason I struggle so much to form nice interpersonal relationships. Bottom line is I am not stupid, only socially clumsy.

Any body who read and liked Jonathan Rée's book "I See a Voice"?

I hope some of you can find your way to be friends for me! :type:

Hello. I hope you make lots of friends and learn a lot as well.

I also hope you come to know and love sign language, I think most of us here do.

I love all languages, and believe ASL to be wonderful, fascinating, and downright fun.

BTW I am hearing.

I just noticed you are from South Africa. Two years ago our plant put in a new machine made by Molenaar a South African company.

Back