Half Life 2: Episode 3 Charater may use ASL

Hiddy

Reaction score
This is an article i found a while back and couldn't find this in the forums anywhere. If someone already posted this i can delete it.

Valve studying ASL Via Kotaku

It seems that Valve a is Studying ASL for character interactions in one of their games. The rumor is its for the Half Life series.

As someone who is Studying ASL and 3D animation/Game design I find this very interesting. The technical challenges of putting that much detail into Hand movements and facial expression into a game are immense.

This will be very cool if Valve pulls this off. What does everyone else think?

This is an article i found a while back and couldn't find this in the forums anywhere. If someone already posted this i can delete it.

Valve studying ASL Via Kotaku

It seems that Valve a is Studying ASL for character interactions in one of their games. The rumor is its for the Half Life series.

As someone who is Studying ASL and 3D animation/Game design I find this very interesting. The technical challenges of putting that much detail into Hand movements and facial expression into a game are immense.

This will be very cool if Valve pulls this off. What does everyone else think?

Do any Deaf people play this game?

Same here. I am looking forward to HF2: Episode 3 someday.

Don't someone did posted the topic contained videos from YouTube?

Sorry to admit ignorance, but is it for a particular system, or an online computer game?

Sorry to admit ignorance, but is it for a particular system, or an online computer game?
It's mainly for the PC, but also available on the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3.

It's a FPS (first person shooting) game.

Speaking of closed captioning... Is original Half Life game still have no subtitles or CC?
I still have a copy of that game but I want to play it with CC and subtitles.

Speaking of closed captioning... Is original Half Life game still have no subtitles or CC?
I still have a copy of that game but I want to play it with CC and subtitles.

I played it fairly recently, I don't think that subtitles were an option. I've head that there are mods that give the game subtitles though. I've just never seen them myself. I still haven't finished that game though, I may have to pick it up and finish it.

Do any Deaf people play this game?

Yep. It blew my mind when they had subtitled sound-effects.

And I thought other games like CoD (Call of Duty) were awesome for subtitling the dialogue... Half-Life 2 went above and beyond by subbing the sound effects as well.

I have all 3 games in Orange Box for PC and I beat all games. I can't wait for episode 3 coming soon.

I played it fairly recently, I don't think that subtitles were an option. I've head that there are mods that give the game subtitles though. I've just never seen them myself. I still haven't finished that game though, I may have to pick it up and finish it.

Where you have heard of subtitle mods for Half Life?

It would be nice if Valve remake the original Half-Life related to the series from the Orange Box...this time with subtitles and all. The original was more like 11 years ago...back in 1998.

Where you have heard of subtitle mods for Half Life?

Just a rumor i heard a while back. I'll see if i can find it and post it here.

Edit:

It looks as if there is no existing mod that adds subtitles to HL1 but Black Mesa, the fan built remake of the original Half Life, will have subtitles when it is released.

ok, that sounds fun, but what is Orange Box?

orangebox_360.jpg

Also on PC and PS3. (PS3 version is actually published by EA, and is the worst version ever.)

Back