ha this is funny. :)

zoomzipboom

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZIUDZmK6vc]YouTube - CODA BROTHERS: What Deaf people LOVE about Interpreters[/ame]

my asl is not good enough yet where i could follow what they where saying but there was a translator so i could understand it. ha it made me laugh. :) these guys are funny. :D

It is funny all right. They were talking about interpreters especially first time interpreters. The Coda Brothers want to help interpreters get some rules or suggestions about what Deaf people love about interpreters. Some of the suggestions are really silly and not correct. They know that and they are just joking around that. You could see them laughing over some of the suggestions that don't make any sense at all. :roll:

ha yeah, i thought it was so funny when they were talking about going to appoitments and how there dumb interpretor's would just take over the conversation and talk for them and they were like oh no, just go ahead, go ahead and talk for me. haha deaf people love that. :) haha i laughed alolt. i liked it when they said to just make up words too. haha so goofy.
i agreed with what they said about it being silly for white translators to think that they can only wear black tops. i have read that it is easier to read the signs if one wears a black shirt, and no rings on their fingers but i mean really, i don't think it is a big deal to a deaf person if thier interprator is wearing black or wearing jewelry, seeing that they are quite fluent in the language. i very much doubt that clothing choice would effect communication. i mean to you deaf people say to each other, "oh hey i want to talk to you, but um just wait i have to first go change my clothes real quick!" haha :D silly. i could see if a person is interprating for a large audiance that the cothing thing might be an issue, but other than that ha, probably no big deal.
they also meantioned piercings. i don't think this would be a problem either. i am learning to be an interprater and i have my lip pierced and i don't expect to have to take it out to talk to people. i am who i am and i want to make a career out of this so if i wanted a job wear i had to take my peircings out everyday just to go to work, i would have stayed in the food industry flipping burgers and makig pizzas. haha
these guy really made me laugh a lot. i have been watching there stuff on youtube since i discovered them the other day. they are great. great sense of humor. do you know of any other deaf comedians or any other deaf entertainment that you could recomend? deaf writers or artists or articles about the deaf or anything like that. i like research stuff too. trying to find as much deaf realated stuff as i can. i will look on google.com too but thought you might know of somethings that i would find interesting.
thanks,
Nora

Back