HA Moments

it was happened in few days ago, when i was on duty. One outside guy asked me, "Is that new bluetooth earpiece?" i was like, "wtf?". It got me laugh so hard and told guy, "No, its my hearing aid, its specifically design for hard of hearings and deaf also, people who have difficult to hear so they wear it to hear better". The guy said, "Oh, my bad".

Mod's note:

Thread moved to proper location.

If you think getting ear wax out of a hearing aid is a bitch,try hair dye. :whistle:

I was talking to the manager of a store one day and he noticed my hearing aid. He then told me that there was another manager in the store who might have been deaf, but had "a weird thing that goes into her head". I said, "Yeah, a cochlear implant." He replied, "Umm... I think so. Dunno." :roll:

If you think getting ear wax out of a hearing aid is a bitch,try hair dye. :whistle:

Yeah ... my hearing aid still has a pink tint on one side (it's silver) from when I dyed my hair purple about two years ago.

When I was little, I had a body type hearing aid. My mother told me that my hearing aid feedback sounds like whistling. My father had attempted to teach me to whistle. One night, I took off my hearing aid and held it under the table. I turned it on and move the earpiece back and forth from the body part so it would sound like whistling. My dad really had thought I was whistling and he was smiling like crazy. You should have seen his face fell when I show him my hearing aid.

Without my hearing aids I hear absolutly nothing.

A few months ago one of my teachers was freaking out at the class. I wasn't in trouble, or part of the group that was. I was sick of listening to him yell so I took out my aids and put them on the desk infront of me...it made him madder...but I couldn't hear it!

I put my hearing aids in box. I forget turn to switch off. My fiance came home from work. He heard something like funny sound. When he blow a breath. He heard it's sound like whistling. He think it's so weird sound. He blow the breath again. He heard again. He didn't find where it coming from. He found my hearing aids' switched on. It made me laugh so hard! :D

:repost:
I'm surprised nobody put up repost up, I'm the one that put up "hearing aid moments" long while ago and I figured this is same thing so I'm the repost police right now lol sorry!

Mod's note:

Threads is merged.

HAHahahahahah, to everyone talking abt feedback. Back at college, I used to have so much fun driving people crazy wondering what that sound was.

His middle school band was TERRIBLE, all squeaky etc, so I just turned my HAs off! Mom turned to me and said, "THAT IS SO NOT FAIR!"
Hahahahahah.......Yes, that's the best thing in the world about being dhh......we can turn our hearing off! I'd never want to be hearing, b/c then I couldn't turn my hearing off!

It wasn't until I graduated college that I got 2 hearing aids (10 yrs ago), CICs bilateral. I always had one BTE but never 2. So, when I got my CICs the first thing I heard was the salt crunching under my feet. I cried. I never ever heard that before - - I always made the sound up in my head not knowing I made the sound up.

And here's my horrible moment. I kept my backup Oticons (very very good brand) in my car, in a dry ear case. One night I was cleaning out my car and in a rage, I threw the dry aid case out!!!! I lost em. I am such a dumb a-- :rl:. Anyway, now I have no backups and CICs die young. The oticons were bte's. They ruled but I guess I am vain, rather wear the CICs. But these are high power CICs and they work good for me, w/ a 70 dB flat loss.

I remember when I heard water for the first time when I was 13. Now I understand why it is awkward for some women to go the bathroom. I do agree, Wind is rather annoying sometimes. I don't think I could handle HA's if I didn't have the abillity to turn them off.

I remember when I switched from anolog HA to digital HA. Once we were done programming my mother and I went out to the car. I got in and closed the door, it sounded like a bomb went off. I ducked and covered. My mother looked at me all confused and asked me what I was doing. I told her that I thought I heard a bomb go off. She replied back, that it was only the sound of the door being slammed shut.

A few hours later that day, I was sitting in the kitchen playing cards with my family. I heard this funky whiring sound. I asked my mother what the heck the sound was. It was the diswasher. I asked her if it was always that noisy. She said yes. I was completely aw-strucked.

After that there was the ice-maker in the freezer and the sound of bacon frying in a frying pan. Never knew those things made noise.

about the hearing aid feedbacks... weeeelllllllll I was such a bratty little kid. I used to play this "game" with my parents. Take out my hearing aids (they're still turned on) and they're squealing like crazy... and HIDE THEM! Then I would laugh so hard while my parents went nuts trying to find my hearing aids. woooo!

the first time I heard a cat purring... I put my ear (with the HA on) right up to my cat's neck, and heard her purring. Oohhh I liked that sound. So nice and quiet and sweet.

once, while traveling with my dad and stepmom to Texas... We were in a hotel room, and dad and stepmom already went to sleep. I was still up, still had my hearing aid on. I was hearing this odd sound, what the heck is it?! Then i realized, it was my dad snoring. Mom told me he's always been a loud snorer, but I never heard him snore before. This was when I was wearing the Supero digital HA I think. wow, that was odd.

Back