HA Moments

SkullChick

Reaction score
Well I thought since ci moment thread is there and I got my hearing aid today and can't say what I heard on that thread so I thought I'll start one for HA too so mine's I heard word " that lawyer" from tv so super clear it surprised me cuz I never heard word so clear in my life but it been only 5 hours so other word still sound garble so it'll take some time for my brain to adjust (been 4-5 years since my brain heard talking sound and quieter) and I also heard bird singing too

So what's your's?

My HA moments are being able to understand the words my husband uses when yelling at our son with my back turned. Matter of fact, as I am sitting down and typing away, I am hearing him say "Nathanial, no!" "Nathanial, It is hot." "Nathaniel, sit down!"

LOL!!!!

I love to hear my son babble to himself. :)

My most haunting moment was the time when I was able to tell where the chirping bird sounds were coming from.. with bilateral hearing aids, I was succesful and turned my head up and smiled :)

My HA moments are being able to understand the words my husband uses when yelling at our son with my back turned. Matter of fact, as I am sitting down and typing away, I am hearing him say "Nathanial, no!" "Nathanial, It is hot." "Nathaniel, sit down!"

LOL!!!!

I love to hear my son babble to himself. :)

LOL! Better him than you. I'd much rather be in front of a computer than reasoning with my 4 year old any day.

Well I became quite disturbed to hear my exwife ridculing me when she is walking away. Ewww! :pissed: I made note to self: turn off at home!

I remembered I used my HAs, I could hear a sighing, my name, door closed/ opened, and some sounds that what I can hear. Not much to say..

One time, I still remeber that, i was so young, I actually could hear a loud cracking lighting from brownish-tan clouds and orangish yellow sunset sky. I love it. Now, i'm kinda of miss to hear how it sound like when I look at thunders. :)

and, I wish i can hear a word but i only understand is my name.. :/

Last edited:
LOL! Better him than you. I'd much rather be in front of a computer than reasoning with my 4 year old any day.

Not a 4 year old..a 2 year old!!! :giggle:

Ah - I remember one of the first things I heard after i got my aids was the sound of running water in the sink. It crackled!

I had a hearing aid (or rather, anti-hearing aid) moment last night at my little brother's band concert. His middle school band was TERRIBLE, all squeaky etc, so I just turned my HAs off! Mom turned to me and said, "THAT IS SO NOT FAIR!" I signed to her "Hahaha" and she doesn't know sign so I saw her say to my friend who was there, "Did she flip me off?!" Lol!

one of the things i thought was cool, yet now find annoying lol is when it's reallyyyyyyyyy windy outside...the first couple times was cool.and then i started to turn off my ha's when it got windy lol

I have a couple HA moments-and today is only the 2nd day I have had them after losing hearing at 15 monthes and now being 38-

I stopped at the store and they had a video playing advertzing. It stopped me because while I was 6 feet away it sounded so sharp, so rich, so clear. I didn't realize that I was literally standing there staring with my jaw hanging down-I was soooo facinated-then a lady came up and asked me if I needed some help!

Once I got home, I put some ice in a plastic cup, poured some coca-cola in and was so blown away! I had never heard the sound of ice crackling-it sounded like crystal clear glass shattering. I kept tapping the cubes with the straw to keep replicating it...then left a friend a phone message explaining exactly what it sounded like-forgetting that this would not be so facinating to her!!

Phone

The first time I heard the home phone ring I was amazed! I could hear it across the house.

I was five years old when I got my first HA in 1979. I remember it being LOUD and hearing the traffic outside of the audiologist office, horns honking, Cars zooming by, and I remember being scared. It was just so loud. My mother said I threw them in the toilet and flushed it. Mom got me another set and watched me like a hawk after that. I still wear my hearing aids everyday.

Funny/Interesting Hearing Aid Moments

Thought we could post funny or interesting or unusual moments relating to our hearing aids!

For me: When I was 17, I was in a car accident because of a seizure. Both sides of the car were completely smashed in so paramedics had to carry me out through the car window (which had already shattered.) I was unconscious at the time and unable to tell them I was deaf, and somehow when the paramedics were carrying me out, both my hearing aids fell off !! (HOW??) It was February so the ground was fully covered in snow, so my hearing aids were buried. My parents went back to the accident scene the next day and couldn't find them, and we all went back in April after the snow melted and we did find them. Guess what ?? They STILL worked !!!!! After 2 months in wet and freezing snow :)

one time i met this dude. he had hearing aids and a deaf accent. i turned the lights off, grabbed his hearing aids, and made a run for it in the dark.

i never saw that dude again. i still have those hearing aids, and i still cry myself to sleep laughing about it. every damn night.

this story may or may not be true.

one time i met this dude. he had hearing aids and a deaf accent. i turned the lights off, grabbed his hearing aids, and made a run for it in the dark.

i never saw that dude again. i still have those hearing aids, and i still cry myself to sleep laughing about it. every damn night.

this story may or may not be true.
then you are a HA theif eh? (yes I do see the last sentence but still asking)

Here's the story of my wonderful old analog hearing aid...

I got it in 1993. I've jumped in the swimming pool a few times with it on. I've forgotten to take it off when I got in the shower. My sister's dog chewed on it a couple times. I dropped it in the parking lot one day, it rained overnight, I found it the next day. I've gotten it wet from heavy sweat a lot of times. I've been hit in the head a few times right on the ear while I was wearing my hearing aid.

Yet, it still worked... until last year. That's 14 years! Whew!

Back