HA frustration

Moon-child

Reaction score
Last night the HA broke, feel apart, I am hoping I will be able to crazy glue the cover back on. I need a new one, but am dreading having to put thousands of dollars to buy it on my credit card. Why the heck are they so bloody expensive? I really must take more sign language courses and become less dependent on my HA and lip reading. Without my HA I barely hear a thing, and I feel isolated, not able to communicate with the hearing world or the deaf community. Yup, I am wallowing and feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes here. Thanks for listening.

I know how you are feeling. I just charged quite a bit for the same thing because I did not have enough money saved. It is not fun. Sorry.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. and I appreciate that I can't vent here and people can understand or relate. It just seems insane to me that a HA could cost so much, they are not that complex to make so I am told. Well, I am off to buy some crazy glue, maybe I can patch it back together! haha

I was explained that the hearing aid over all wasn't expensive to make. But the Digital part, the computer part of our HA is what cost teh most.

Heck I had the microphone, battery holder and such, the reciever, and something else, all replaced and it only cost me $200.

But I had to pay over $4000 a HA due to the technology and research behind the computer of the HA.

I suggest you go to Audiologist to adjust your new HA. You have to contact your Audiologist. That's good question about charge. :dunno:

Adjusting to new hearing aids usually takes me at least a dozen trips to the audiologist for minor tweeks, worth it but I still dread it! I crazy glued my HA back together and it actually works, but I still need a new one, this one keeps cutting out and crackling, I did just buy myself abit of time though, phew!

Adjusting to new hearing aids usually takes me at least a dozen trips to the audiologist for minor tweeks, worth it but I still dread it! I crazy glued my HA back together and it actually works, but I still need a new one, this one keeps cutting out and crackling, I did just buy myself abit of time though, phew!

That's suck! Audiologist can adjust the part to new part. I hope it's not charge you a lot. If you have medicare or medicaid. I hope that help.

I hope it won't be much $$$ either, but experience tells me different. I want to get a hot pink one this time, haha.

I hope it won't be much $$$ either, but experience tells me different. I want to get a hot pink one this time, haha.

That's cool! Is that your favorite color pink???? It's my favorite!!! :D Did you go to Audiologist yet?

Back