HA and school

but my art teacher was so...idk apathetic? SWCDHH told me if he refuses to wear the FM again next class after giving him the explanation paper to tell the school cause thats breaking the law. I hope i dont have to do that. I almost would rather just not know whats going on in the class. i hate confrontation lol...
-
IDK?? Could be that art is a visual medium. Surely he must show you what to do?

There are quite a few great deaf artists. It is a place to excel.

Maybe your teacher just thinks you don't really learn by spoken word in an art class.

I tend to be sarcastic. Depending on who it is, if I am told "I am sorry" or get pity I tend to shoot it back. I will say something "Thanks, and I am sorry your nose is so big" or something equally stupid.

Also, A:
My mom is a public school kindergarten teacher (and mom of hoh girl w. h-aids, wife of hoh husband in denial), so she specifically asks for kids coming into kindergarten hoh/d. Although they spend half their time in kindergarten in a hearing support program, the parents are happy that their kid gets a teacher that understands when hearing aids aren't working, that does her best to interpret "weird buzzing sounds", that understands how to work/do basic troubleshooting on FM systems, that keeps spare batteries (that she snags from me) in her desk. She is not an audiologist, or better, deaf, but she is trying. Of course she doesn't have ALL d/hoh kids, but she does get a majority.

Natty, do you mean do a semester there? They have a program for new signers in the summer, so maybe you could do the fall semester and take the summer sign immersian program.

Yes, I wanted to go as a 'visiting' student, but they don't do the new signers program for visiting students, only for freshmen and transfer students. I'm considering working on my ASL and then transferring for my senior year or something.

Also, A:
My mom is a public school kindergarten teacher (and mom of hoh girl w. h-aids, wife of hoh husband in denial), so she specifically asks for kids coming into kindergarten hoh/d. Although they spend half their time in kindergarten in a hearing support program, the parents are happy that their kid gets a teacher that understands when hearing aids aren't working, that does her best to interpret "weird buzzing sounds", that understands how to work/do basic troubleshooting on FM systems, that keeps spare batteries (that she snags from me) in her desk. She is not an audiologist, or better, deaf, but she is trying. Of course she doesn't have ALL d/hoh kids, but she does get a majority.

I had a teacher who loved to talk about her HOH husband to me, alot. She's nice. I cared for the teachers who were actually interested that I'm learning and less interested in how well I'm hearing them (those are the ones who actually write things down for me instead of focusing on my hearing)

Back