H.P.V. Shots for young girls.

Yeah, the number of successes versus failures (i.e., side effects). Or is it too early?

My children did not suffer any side effect..

Why are the other vaccines so acceptable, and this one isn't??

One of my kids got the new Pneumonia shot.. since he is Type I diabetic. No one is screaming oh the side effects verses the illness...

My children did not suffer any side effect..

Why are the other vaccines so acceptable, and this one isn't??

One of my kids got the new Pneumonia shot.. since he is Type I diabetic. No one is screaming oh the side effects verses the illness...

Just the facts, ma'am. :cool2:

Yeah, the number of successes versus failures (i.e., side effects). Or is it too early?

well, they say the risks are very slight and there are no known deaths associated with the vaccine. However, one could get a recurrence after vaccination when their immune systems weakens such as in the case of pregnancy or when they are treated for cancer. I think your doctor could give you more specific information than I can.

The vaccine will only protect against 4 of the worst strains of HPV and there can be rare re-occurences after vaccinations for reasons listed above. Cervical cancer is very common in women ( think it was actually the leading cause of cancer death for women) and a majority of it is linked to HPV. And that the rate of cervical cancer has gone down thanks to both yearly PAP smears and HPV vaccines (26 million doses had been distributed to American women so far). The fact that they are now recommending teenaged boys to get this vaccine too tells you how contagious and how serious this STD is. The worse cases of HPV in guys lead to anal, penile and throat cancer.

Want the facts?? Read the link above, from the CDC :wave:

well, they say the risks are very slight and there are no known deaths associated with the vaccine. However, one could get a recurrence after vaccination when their immune systems weakens such as in the case of pregnancy or when they are treated for cancer. I think your doctor could give you more specific information than I can.

The vaccine will only protect against 4 of the worst strains of HPV and there can be rare re-occurences after vaccinations for reasons listed above. Cervical cancer is very common in women ( think it was actually the leading cause of cancer death for women) and a majority of it is linked to HPV. And that the rate of cervical cancer has gone down thanks to both yearly PAP smears and HPV vaccines (26 million doses had been distributed to American women so far). The fact that they are now recommending teenaged boys to get this vaccine too tells you how contagious and how serious this STD is. The worse cases of HPV in guys lead to anal, penile and throat cancer.

Thank you. However, what do they mean by "rare?" Why don't they put out numbers instead of withholding that information? *grumbling*

Thank you. However, what do they mean by "rare?" Why don't they put out numbers instead of withholding that information? *grumbling*

All Vaccines have some sort of adverse effect. Not just the HPV vaccine. The same goes for any medication that you take.

All Vaccines have some sort of adverse effect. Not just the HPV vaccine. The same goes for any medication that you take.

I agree. In fact, I became deaf at age two from a medicine they gave me to combat pneumonia. It killed the nerves in my ears.

I agree. In fact, I became deaf at age two from a medicine they gave me to combat pneumonia. It killed the nerves in my ears.

Are you sure it was the medication, or was it from the High fevers??

According to my doctors, it was either jaundice or the medication given to me for jaundice that killed my hearing. This was before they started putting babies under the lamp.

According to my doctors, it was either jaundice or the medication given to me for jaundice that killed my hearing. This was before they started putting babies under the lamp.

I hear they still put babies under the knife to make them hear.

I hear they still put babies under the knife to make them hear.

Lamp... not knife. They put babies that are severely jaudice under a lamp to help break down the bilirubin.

Anyways I still think it is awesome that they come up with Vaccines. I can only imagine what the world be like if we did not have vaccines , mumps, , Small pox. ect...

Now HPV...

Since they are viruses and we can help control the spread of it. WHY NOT??

Lamp... not knife. They put babies that are severely jaudice under a lamp to help break down the bilirubin.

Anyways I still think it is awesome that they come up with Vaccines. I can only imagine what the world be like if we did not have vaccines , mumps, , Small pox. ect...

Now HPV...

Since they are viruses and we can help control the spread of it. WHY NOT??

They operate on babies in the dark??? :shock:

I was at the eldest range to take this, did-

-even married, even in a close happy marriage...

You never know-

Wonder if I conferred immunity to my son...

Back