Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting on what exactly is "extreme vetting" and how is it done.

Ugh! I thought it was bad enough when I had to dig up the 12 childhood schools and homes of the past that didn't even have ZIP codes or no longer existed. At least I didn't have to provide any bodily fluids. Whew! You've been vetted!

I'm OK with the criminal background checks.

Oh, that was easy part. lol But As long as my father held a diplomatic position and top security clearance, I was required to submit my tests every year or twice a year unless the DOS change the policy or update new tests every year, which is a hassle. If it weren't for tests, I would not know what's going on in my body. One of the tests indicated I have G6PD deficiency, which is common in humans.

We all were required to attend the security meeting. They emphasized us to lock up the house, change our passwords frequently, teach us to watch my surroundings, I'm required to report no matter how small it is, how to shut our mouths, and other things, because the security officials are tired of Americans getting sloppy and get themselves mugged all the time. That's why they provide armed government bodyguards. Security officials have hard time dealing with reckless diplomatic children. If you look for a house to buy and live, you have to ask for security's approval. If they determine the house looks secure enough. If not, it is time to shop for a house again. It used to drive my mom insane.

As for my husband's security clearance, the questions are tough. They interviewed my husband's foreign friends because they're from Middle east, India and Pakistan. They also interviewed my father in law, because he has strong connections in Dubai and Saudi Arabia. My husband used to live there.

I'm curious, Reba. When you received your security clearance, did they ask you a question like If your spouse was abducted, what are you going to do?"

We're in the Digital Era now. I learned some of the security clearance questions are new and related to internet. For instance, if you are in contact with a foreign friend online, but never meet a foreign friend in person, you're required to submit your friend's name, birthplace, and current address to the security officials.

still waiting on what exactly is "extreme vetting" and how is it done.
That's a new one, what is extreme vetting? I did a search and only came up with your three posts mentioning "extreme vetting." Please enlighten us as to what it is.

. . .

I'm curious, Reba. When you received your security clearance, did they ask you a question like If your spouse was abducted, what are you going to do?"

Nope.

I am not sure if you read my post in the first page of this thread. OP is famous for creating controversy topics and never makes remarks. Take look at OP's previous posts. Just google his name. He is a writer and ran for city council position and lost.

Well, dang. Thank you for pointing that out. I need to wear my HA more often. :)

That's a new one, what is extreme vetting? I did a search and only came up with your three posts mentioning "extreme vetting." Please enlighten us as to what it is.

that's the term I'm using to describe your type of vetting. you're complaining that our current background check isn't good enough and it's very laxed in your opinion that any hardcore criminals and crazies can easily get a machine gun from any store to gun down 200+ people in 2 minutes. you obviously want some kind of extreme vetting to ensure with nearly 100% guarantee that crazies and criminals won't be able to gun down people.

so please do describe us exactly how is it done.

that's the term I'm using to describe your type of vetting. you're complaining that our current background check isn't good enough and it's very laxed in your opinion that any hardcore criminals and crazies can easily get a machine gun from any store to gun down 200+ people in 2 minutes. you obviously want some kind of extreme vetting to ensure with nearly 100% guarantee that crazies and criminals won't be able to gun down people.

so please do describe us exactly how is it done.
I've already done so earlier in the thread. We are after all talking about deadly weapons here, that has seen one mentally deranged shooter after another "legally" purchase their weapons and then use them to kill a lot of innocent people. So it's imperative that we come up with a vetting process that will get these weapons out of their hands. The closer you can come to keeping them out of the hands of those who should not have them the better it will be for everyone. And yes, some guns and there accessories and you know which ones I'm talking about should not be allowed for sale. With the number of these mass shootings on the rise 377 including last Sunday's church shooting, it only brings us closer to Congress finally getting the guts or being forced to act and when they do, the gun lovers probably won't like the outcome.

I've already done so earlier in the thread. We are after all talking about deadly weapons here, that has seen one mentally deranged shooter after another "legally" purchase their weapons and then use them to kill a lot of innocent people. So it's imperative that we come up with a vetting process that will get these weapons out of their hands. The closer you can come to keeping them out of the hands of those who should not have them the better it will be for everyone.
How could that be done, realistically? What about people who pass the test at the time of purchase but go crazy later?

And yes, some guns and there accessories and you know which ones I'm talking about should not be allowed for sale. With the number of these mass shootings on the rise 377 including last Sunday's church shooting, it only brings us closer to Congress finally getting the guts or being forced to act and when they do, the gun lovers probably won't like the outcome.
Since all kinds of guns and "accessories" have been used in mass shootings, that would mean all kinds of guns and "accessories" would have to be banned, according to your gun-hating logic. In other words, bye-bye Second Amendment.

Both of those "solutions" would keep honest people gunless, and dishonest people well armed. Mass shootings would become easier than ever to carry out.

it only brings us closer to Congress finally getting the guts or being forced to act and when they do, the gun lovers probably won't like the outcome.

You know guns isn't the problem, it's the people. If no guns, they will find other way to use for mass murder. There is plenty of things other than guns that they can easily access to.

Last edited:
You know guns isn't the problem, it's the people. If no guns, they will find other way to use for mass murder. There is plenty of things other than guns that they can easily access to.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people... Just like
Forks don't make people fat.... spoons, maybe.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... Just like
Forks don't make people fat.... spoons, maybe.

we-dont-blame-cars-for-drunk-drivers-why-blame-guns-28648743.png

I've already done so earlier in the thread.
please do humor me once more.

We are after all talking about deadly weapons here, that has seen one mentally deranged shooter after another "legally" purchase their weapons and then use them to kill a lot of innocent people.
deadly weapons? so that's all guns, knives, bombs, brass knuckles, etc.

So it's imperative that we come up with a vetting process that will get these weapons out of their hands. The closer you can come to keeping them out of the hands of those who should not have them the better it will be for everyone. And yes, some guns and there accessories and you know which ones I'm talking about should not be allowed for sale. With the number of these mass shootings on the rise 377 including last Sunday's church shooting, it only brings us closer to Congress finally getting the guts or being forced to act and when they do, the gun lovers probably won't like the outcome.
so what are you proposing? please be specific. exactly and precisely how do we do that?

so what are you proposing? please be specific. exactly and precisely how do we do that?
you forgot bays, cars, motorcycles, cast iron skillets, propane tanks, water, rocks , rope, pencils, rubber bands, windows....lol

Yes, but the discussion of this thread is gun control. So far there has been no gun control measures put in place in decades and what is in place right now is clearly not working since we have had at least 377 mass shootings in the U.S. so far this year.

How could that be done, realistically? What about people who pass the test at the time of purchase but go crazy later?

Since all kinds of guns and "accessories" have been used in mass shootings, that would mean all kinds of guns and "accessories" would have to be banned, according to your gun-hating logic. In other words, bye-bye Second Amendment.

Both of those "solutions" would keep honest people gunless, and dishonest people well armed. Mass shootings would become easier than ever to carry out.
- Perhaps go to a licensing requirement where you have to get checked out every so many years like you do to drive a car.
- AR weapons since they seem to be the weapons of choice of these mass shooters.
- Honest law abiding citizens would still be able to buy guns, just not AR's.

-Reread the earlier post, I went through all of them trying to find your extreme vetting.

-The topic of this thread is gun control, I don't remember the others being mentioned.

- As I said earlier I already have posted it. Hint, look at the first several pages.

Yes, but the discussion of this thread is gun control. So far there has been no gun control measures put in place in decades and what is in place right now is clearly not working since we have had at least 377 mass shootings in the U.S. so far this year.
That's a lie, just a few years ago it was changed.

- Perhaps go to a licensing requirement where you have to get checked out every so many years like you do to drive a car.
- AR weapons since they seem to be the weapons of choice of these mass shooters.
- Honest law abiding citizens would still be able to buy guns, just not AR's.
isn't that what they do for every gun you buy, every time? Last I checked it was. You don't just walk in and walk out, they call it in, your info is verified and checked, the guns serial number is given to them then the dealer is given an ok and a clearance number they write on the application, then youre allowed to purchase that specific gun. NOW if you are purchasing MULTIPLE guns then a red flag is thrown and the ATF/FBI are liable to show up at your door to investigate you.... its all in the rules and regulations in case you didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back