Gun control in schools??

Wirelessly posted

i believe if u have valid ccw permit you should be able to carry cause u live at college most times and u have right to defend yourself but u should know how to safely use weapon they could offer a class at school for that im a former cop i believe in ccw as i cary myself

Wirelessly posted

i believe if u have valid ccw permit you should be able to carry cause u live at college most times and u have right to defend yourself but u should know how to safely use weapon they could offer a class at school for that im a former cop i believe in ccw as i cary myself

Depend on college.

The university that where I attended isn't allow to open carry and CCW in all buildings and facilities. Our state allows citizens to have open carry and CCW but they allow university presidents to ban in college campuses whatever they wants.

There are metal detectors in all schools here in Duval County and Security officers carry guns and tasers....So far, in the past 2 years, there have been no gun carrying students at my 2 sons High School......also, Security checks Lockers at random....My son just mentioned to me that his High School had the best Security in Duval County...and carrying a pocket knife will get you suspended, also for cigarettes, all cell phones to be turned Off......

There are a lot of fights going on in High Schools tho'....

There are metal detectors in all schools here in Duval County and Security officers carry guns and tasers....So far, in the past 2 years, there have been no gun carrying students at my 2 sons High School......also, Security checks Lockers at random....My son just mentioned to me that his High School had the best Security in Duval County...and carrying a pocket knife will get you suspended, also for cigarettes, all cell phones to be turned Off......

There are a lot of fights going on in High Schools tho'....

Wow, I hate metal detectors in the school. In our local public school, there are no metal detectors but all students require to have clear or mesh backpack only.

I don't recall about there are metal detectors in any school in Alabama, even not Birmingham city school that infested with gangs, fighting, drugs and zero diversity, however some districts require clear or mesh backpack.

In many universities, if you carry gun into buildings or facilities so you will be expelled without any warning, that's scary.

Also, high school is one of most hell place ever for me.

There are metal detectors in all schools here in Duval County and Security officers carry guns and tasers....
Isn't it sad? :( Remember when we went to high school? All that wasn't necessary.

I attended four public high schools on both coasts, and none of them had metal detectors or security officers. Nobody cared about pocket knives or cigarettes, and no one checked our purses, bags, or lockers. (No one used a backpack book bag in those days.) No one brought phones to school. There was a pay phone available at breaks, or you could use the school office phone for emergencies but that was rarely done. I never saw a fight during my four years (there may have been some but I never heard of them or saw them).

Isn't it sad? :( Remember when we went to high school? All that wasn't necessary.

I attended four public high schools on both coasts, and none of them had metal detectors or security officers. Nobody cared about pocket knives or cigarettes, and no one checked our purses, bags, or lockers. (No one used a backpack book bag in those days.) No one brought phones to school. There was a pay phone available at breaks, or you could use the school office phone for emergencies but that was rarely done. I never saw a fight during my four years (there may have been some but I never heard of them or saw them).

That's 1960's, is it great decade?

There was no metal detector in high school that I attended until graduation in 2006, also you are allowed to bring cell phone to school but must turn off for class and allow to use during break/lunch.

Wirelessly posted

As someone with a ccw permit myself, I agree with this. I hate how law abiding citizens are always the target of this gun control hype. Criminals don't care what the laws are - they generally do whatever they please. Faced with an armed assailant, the best way to fight crime is to shoot back.

Laura

Back