Gulf residents outraged by BP CEO's yacht outing

Negotiator? You're kidding me? Anybody can bow and scrape the floor, and say "I'm sorry" multiple times while backing up. Exactly what did he negotiate other than a golf course?

That's your perspective. Mine is different. :lol: You would be surprised how many world leaders are more willing to work with him because of his actions.

That's your perspective. Mine is different. :lol: You would be surprised how many world leaders are more willing to work with him because of his actions.

I'm asking you, what did he negotiate that was so great?

I'm asking you, what did he negotiate that was so great?

It may not be obvious on the surface, and that is because negotiating is an art, and Obama is an artist. There is no one best approach in negotiating, and he is flexible enough to adapt his approach to fit the situation. Take for example, Obamacare--he had to be forceful and at the same time make concessions in order to get the bill passed. He was forceful in getting rid of a disrespectful general and made concessions during the oil spill.
He walked away from a meeting with oil executives because no deal is better than a bad deal. After all, if no better outcome is offered by the other side than the alternatives available to him, then he has no reason to accept their offer. Yet many people derided him for it.
I notice that he tries to get as many people involved in working toward a project, whatever the project is, because he has more of a collaborative bent than a competitive one, and he not afraid to use people smarter than he is.
Believe it or not, he is held in higher esteem in other countries than our own, and that bodes well for the future.

It may not be obvious on the surface, and that is because negotiating is an art, and Obama is an artist. There is no one best approach in negotiating, and he is flexible enough to adapt his approach to fit the situation. Take for example, Obamacare--he had to be forceful and at the same time make concessions in order to get the bill passed. He was forceful in getting rid of a disrespectful general and made concessions during the oil spill.
He walked away from a meeting with oil executives because no deal is better than a bad deal. After all, if no better outcome is offered by the other side than the alternatives available to him, then he has no reason to accept their offer. Yet many people derided him for it.
I notice that he tries to get as many people involved in working toward a project, whatever the project is, because he has more of a collaborative bent than a competitive one, and he not afraid to use people smarter than he is.
Believe it or not, he is held in higher esteem in other countries than our own, and that bodes well for the future.

So, twenty minutes is a sign of a good negotiator with BP officials?

Getting rid of a general is not negotiating.

Healthcare bill? There was no concessions. They took the back road outside of normal Congresional procedures knowing they wouldn't get all of the necessary votes in the first place. This was no negotiating when Republicans weren't allowed in in the first place.

As for countries holding him in higher esteem, gotta chuckle at that. Wait til the illusion wears off.

So, twenty minutes is a sign of a good negotiator with BP officials?

Getting rid of a general is not negotiating.

Healthcare bill? There was no concessions. They took the back road outside of normal Congresional procedures knowing they wouldn't get all of the necessary votes in the first place. This was no negotiating when Republicans weren't allowed in in the first place.

As for countries holding him in higher esteem, gotta chuckle at that. Wait til the illusion wears off.

Were you there in the private meeting?

Not necessarily. Apparently what the general had to offer wasn't up to Obama's standards.

I suppose we will never know, since gentlemen do not talk etcetera. :lol:

Sure, I see your pattern. But the criticism Bush received is nothing compared to what Obama has endured. The intensity and the hatred are just way over the line regarding anything else.

Yeah right... :laugh2:

Yeah right... :laugh2:

The evidence is right here on these forums in the form of a certain poster who posts everything negative that he can find about Obama. He is not an isolated example either. And didn't someone say that death threats against our President increased many over. I don't think even Clinton faced so many death threats even during the flap over gays and the military.

I wasn't wild about Bush but I didn't feel compelled to post everything negative about him and I've even said some positive things about him.

Has anyone given any thought to what would happen if a hurricane comes through the gulf? What about lightning and all that flammable gas?

Has anyone given any thought to what would happen if a hurricane comes through the gulf? What about lightning and all that flammable gas?

It will be serious. :eek3:

Why aren't you running for US president?

wambulance.jpg

Sorry couldn't pass this one up! LOL:bowlol:

Back