Guitar Performance

Defmusicman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I performed in the 6th Annual Music Masters Guitar Recital last night in my hometown of Macon, GA. I played Eric Clapton's song "Wonderful Tonight" on lead guitar. I was a little nervous but I did ok. This is the third year that I have performed in the Guitar Recital. I will see if I can post the video online when I get the DVD in a couple months. If anyone else wants to discuss guitar or share music ideas we can do it on this forum

Awesome!

I love that song, I bet you played great! I play a little guitar, not that great but I sure have fun.

Thanks. I appreciate your comments. You can get better if you want to. Just play and practice more. Do you play acoustic or electric guitar? What brand?

yeah when i've got time between work and that demon daughter of mine (shes almost 2 haha) did i say demon? i meant angel... annnnyways i play both acoustic and electric but since my distortion pedal is on the fritz i ve been all about my acoustic. I've got a yamaha f335 TBS is better than i expected. I play by ear as I can only read sheet music for trombone (old HS experience hehe) but yeah right now i'm trying to learn classical gas (pain in the butt, slow but sounds okay), are you familiar with it? as a hearing guy i m not very familiar with the different degrees of deafness but regardless if you're half deaf or full deaf I envy anyone who can defy any disabilities.

I've been playing the guitar for about 7 years now... I've got 2 acoustics (epiphone gibson, and a classical jasmine) and 1 electric (fender strat). I play alot of music like Iron & Wine, Sufjan Stevens, Copeland, and Emiliana Torrini, but I also play some classical (Andres Segovia is my favorite classical guitarist, I play alot of his stuff).

I haven't played any gigs yet, I almost played at a bar awhile back but chickened out (lol!)... I'll do it someday, I might be starting a band now that I have a new friend who's a drummer.

RatherBeDeaf,

I've heard of Classical Gas but have not heard the music itself. I'm hard of hearing ( it's genetic.. I come from a large deaf family) but with digital hearing aids I can hear well enough to play. I have 2 teenage kids myself so I know what you mean about finding time to practice. I try to practice for at least an hour a day and I have private lessons once a week. I also own 2 acoustics ( Alvarez RD-10 and an Aria Dreadnought Acoustic/Electric) and 2 Fender Strats. I like to turn on the distortion, crank up the amp and have fun sometimes but I mostly practice on the acoustic. I'm going to try to put a band together in a year or so and see what happens.

Rabbit,

Nice to hear from you. Are you deaf, h/h, or hearing? 7 years is a long time to be playing so I am assuming that you are already pretty good. Plus playing classical is not easy with all the arpeggios. I"ve been playing almost 3 years now and am just starting to work on lead and improvising for solo playing. So much fun and so much to learn. I performed Tesla's "Signs" on acoustic at the Guitar Recital last year and that was fun. I'll see if I can post the video online for you guys to see. My son is the computer whiz so I'll ask him to do that for me. Thanks for the reply and I hope we can continue to share information .

By the way, Go for it! Play your gigs. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm hearing.

7 years IS a long time, the first 4 I slacked off alot and didn't practice much on the guitar, but since then I play all the time. I play classical, but I do have a hard time with many songs... especialy in the cold weather, my fingers get very stiff and I can't pick the guitar fluently.

I can understand about the cold weather and stiff hands, Rabbit. A guitarist's greatest asset is his hands so take care of yours and keep them warm. If you're interested in a guitar discussion forum, check out Acoustic Guitar Central: Home for all Acoustic Music and go to the Discussion Forum. I've been on that forum for 2 years and have gotten a lot of good advice from other guitar players. Some are experts and some are beginners. And the topics cover all styles of playing from jazz to classical. Enjoy.

Back