Guess this image!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proton or Neutron?

Sure most of the objects impacting the large object are protons. What is resulting from those impacts to make the object so bright and what is the object?

The particles resulting from the proton impacts on the large object obey Bose–Einstein statistics. So do the particles that we, ourselves had gotten from that object. And no, it's not a laser in this situation, althrough this type of statistics allow for the existence of lasers.

What, are you a scientist? :lol: I really have no idea.

We have sent a lot of objects that obey Fermi–Dirac statistics to the large object in a series of famous operations a few decades ago.

It's a gamma ray image of the moon taken by CGRO.

It's a little technical for me, but I think it has to do with how much gamma rays are absorbed by the object... There's a few different ways to measure it.

Gee, this is the hardest thing ever seen, eh.

It's a gamma ray image of the moon taken by CGRO.

It's a little technical for me, but I think it has to do with how much gamma rays are absorbed by the object... There's a few different ways to measure it.

:cheers: :thumb:

Cosmic rays, which are mostly protons, hit the Moon and make gamma rays, which were detected by CGRO. It's really bright in that wavelength range, brighter than the Sun when solar activity is low.

Particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics -> bosons -> includes photons -> includes gamma rays & visible light

The stuff that obeys Fermi–Dirac statistics that we sent to the Moon -> fermions, which are matter particles -> ourselves and our Apollo gear

The page has a link to a x-ray image of the moon. The gamma ray one is all glowly because cosmic rays come from all directions and hit the Moon all over it. The fuzzy background is gamma ray emitting stuff far away.

The sizes of protons and the Moon are different by 21 orders of magnitudes. I said 'normally' above because at the high speeds of cosmic rays, the cosmic ray particles would see the Moon squished in the direction of motion due to special relativity, which stems from the finite value of the speed of light and the speed of light being the same for everybody regardless of how they are moving.

:cheers: :thumb:

Cosmic rays, which are mostly protons, hit the Moon and make gamma rays, which were detected by CGRO. It's really bright in that wavelength range, brighter than the Sun when solar activity is low.

Particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics -> bosons -> includes photons -> includes gamma rays & visible light

The stuff that obeys Fermi–Dirac statistics that we sent to the Moon -> matter particles -> ourselves and our Apollo gear

That was tough, I don't know much about particle physics... but when you said electrons were three orders of magnitude smaller, that gave me some clues. :laugh2:

Figured it would be protons or neutrons, neutrons didn't really fit so I looked into protons and then thought of photons, and therefore gamma rays.

And I'm a bit tired to think of another image, so somebody else can go. :)

guessthisimage3.jpg

liberty bell

bell tower at Notre Dame

jiro123 - you got it right. And I be right back, the laptop is driving me nuts and I need to do a full virus scan. be back in a hour or so

WHAT BREED IS THIS DOG?

vxi14m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back