Guess this image!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla coil?

That image is similar to we have down here in Australia in Quesacton...but here is why I am playing it at the same time :) My office right now :P

P040708_1544.jpg

That image is similar to we have down here in Australia in Quesacton...but here is why I am playing it at the same time :) My office right now :P

P040708_1544.jpg

Actually, the pic I posted is the one from there :)

This is a largish (compared to us) object that we can see some details on with just our eyes. How come it is so bright in this picture?

Fluorescence?

The process making this object glow so brightly is a more violent one than fluorescence done by objects that are normally 21 orders of magnitude smaller than the glowing object.

Hmm... don't think its X-Ray or Microwave...

Plasma Emission?

I'm getting stumped. :laugh2:

Hmm... don't think its X-Ray or Microwave...

Plasma Emission?

I'm getting stumped. :laugh2:

It's not x-rays or microwaves. The image wasn't made by detecting ionized particles of a plasma or other particles of matter, although the things impacting the large object are made of matter.

It's not x-rays or microwaves. The image wasn't made by detecting ionized particles of a plasma or other particles of matter, although the things impacting the large object are made of matter.

Hmm. Electrons?

Hmm. Electrons?

The upper limit for the size of electrons is about three orders of magnitudes smaller than the type of object that makes up most of the population of objects that is hitting the large object in the image, although the classic non-quantum size of electrons is of the same order of magnitude as the size of most of the impactor objects.

The upper limit for the size of electrons is about three orders of magnitudes smaller than the type of object that makes up most of the population of objects that is hitting the large object in the image.

Proton or Neutron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back