::Griping:: Writing a Paper

demoiselle

Reaction score
I'm so irritated. I'm trying to write a four page paper for my critical writing class (we write an opinion paper and then bring it in for the professor and classmates to rip it to shreds sentence by sentence for two hours). I wasn't supposed to have to write for this week, but due to a friend's overwhelming workload I was asked to move forward a week.

ARGH.

The sad thing is that I'd been planning for weeks to write a great paper on the tour of Deaf West's Big River, which I *adore*, and now I have to crank it out badly and quickly. I hate that. The production means a lot to me and I don't want to treat it poorly.

So please pardon me while I gripe.

::Gripes::

Please send good thoughts that I may come up with brilliant phrasings in the next two hours!

Aw sweetie, I wish I could help you there but I'm not a great writter or a smart one either....

I know a few people that will be more helpful than me...:(

^Angel^ said:
Aw sweetie, I wish I could help you there but I'm not a great writter or a smart one either....

I know a few people that will be more helpful than me...:(

Thank you, Angel, I appreciate it . . . I'll get through it, I know, but I'm disappointed by the moved-up deadline.

demoiselle said:
and now I have to crank it out badly and quickly. I hate that.

Hmmm, I do not blame you for griping. Any teacher who insists on a paper being written badly has a screw loose, grrr.

LOL, he wants the paper to be good -- he just gave me an impossible deadline, so it won't be.

Oh yeah, I do understand how you feel about the deadline, I remember my son who had a project that was due on Friday only a week away and I was trying to help him built an igloo where Eskimoes lives in, well when I brought sugar cubes to built it, and you have to show the inside too, so I had to put newspaper by wrapping it tight and making it like a ball and then glue the sugar cubes over the ball of newspaper, well soon as I was done with all of them in a few seconds later, the newspaper just spread open and all the sugar cubes were flying all over the carpet :shock: , I couldn't get the damn thing to stick on the newspaper ball, so I had to run back to the store to buy another 2 boxes of sugar cubes, then did it again by wrapping tapes around the newspaper to make it look like a baseball, then glue it back on the cardboard, then glue sugar cubes on top of the newspaper.....FINALLY it works after working on it for 5 freaking days..HECK!! I will never do this kind of project again!!!!.. :|

Speaking about deadline, I wish I had prenty of time to go over my dad's and let him do it for my son since he used to do all my project while I was in school, hes very creative too....

Just wing it.
Get going.
If you can work under pressure, just do it.
Once I waited till the very last minute to write a paper for a computer class, and I went entirely off-topic, writing about computer crime.
I got an A plus.

Sounds frustrating but fun -- I'd rather be building sugar-igloos right now!

:::using telepathy to send her brilliant thoughts for her paper:::

Hope this helps :)

Back