Grey/white noise

brubeckbach

Reaction score
I constantly experience grey (or white noise) and when I take off my hearing aids to sleep, it gets so loud I have a hard time getting to sleep. Sometimes it is in two different pitches, one for each ear! When I out of my apartment I hear all the city background noises so then the grey noise is masked.

What's going on and is there a solution?:shock:

It sounds like it's a tinnitus. My hubby has a tinnitus since he was a toddler. It's common for anyone who have tinnitus that leads the hearing go down. sorry.

Welcome to deaf world.

Anyone can get tinnitus. My sister get it and she is not HOH or deaf.
Some people try biofeedback therapy to help them cope with the noise .
I had it once and thought I was going crazy , I could not believe the noise was in my head ! I kept asking people what is that awful sound. Where your really sick recently , that will cause you get tinnitus. I had a dear friend that was really sick and woke up one day and had tinnitus and it never when away. My friend was piano concert player and couldnot play any more.

No...

I wasn't sick recently, it's just that the noise seems to always be there. Anyway, maybe I should just grin and bear it. (It's far worse when I am really tired.)

That's about all ya can do w/ tinnitus brubeckbach .................. just grin & bear it.
There's no cure for tinnitus - which is caused by nerve damage in the inner ear.

I've had it forever, it seems. And sometimes it's a pain in the patootie, but most of the time - it's bearable.

-charles

That's about all ya can do w/ tinnitus brubeckbach .................. just grin & bear it.
There's no cure for tinnitus - which is caused by nerve damage in the inner ear.

I've had it forever, it seems. And sometimes it's a pain in the patootie, but most of the time - it's bearable.

-charles

When mine gets bad enough, I try to mentally turn it into a song. Sounds loopy, but it works. I eventually begin to hear the music and it drowns out the tinnitus. I hear music all the time even though I am total deaf.

I get them sometimes.... but its Tinnitus and it cant be cure so you have to get used to them, I dont get them often but when I do get them, I just close my eyes and bear it until it goes away and it usually goes away within 60 seconds to two mintues.

Back