Greetings :)

Jadia Shadow

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, :wave:
just thought i'd leave a quick note to say hello, I just found this site, and It really made me think of how nice it would be to connect with others who understand some of the same issues I go through. I Think I've been 'alone' on these topics for so long that it never occurred to me to find somewhere to meet others :)

I Live in North Dakota, which i'm sure most of you have barely even heard of lol, we are pretty small state but it's where i grew up and it's home to me. Right now i'm going to college for the second time in my life, with one semester left to go in a two year program that I am really enjoying.

I am not however deaf, so i hope it is still alright to participate on here, I am hearing impaired, and have been since I was born (i am now 34) I am completely Deaf in my left ear, and hard of hearing in my right, where I wear a hearing aid. Since it is nerve damage, of course the loss continues over time, getting worse as i get older. Thankfully technology is also improving every year as well :)

I look forward to joining the conversations and getting to know everyone :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Feel free to say that you are deaf. But if you want to say Hard of Hearing because you can hear some with your hearing aid. Just leave the hearing impaired out of the word context. I don't approved of having some of new technology like CI or whatever they are trying to fix us. Beside, it is hard on the moneywise. Anyway, I hope you have lots of fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thank you for the welcome :)
I'm not sure what you mean about the leaving it out thing? Like i said i'm completely new at talking about any of these issues with people who can understand them on a personal level :) I don't have a CI myself but have had the topic brought up to me in recent years. I suppose that's got to be an individual choice. I still communicate 100% with my hearing, I do not know sign language or any other form of communication, though times i wish i did :)

:wave: hi and welcome to Alldeaf!
don't worry you will find all sorts here. Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing!
And a few other strange people who I don't know what catorgey to put them in:giggle:

Thank you Party Girl :)
Hmm i'm usually just plain in the weird category in all things anyway :giggle: lol

:wave: hi and welcome to Alldeaf!
don't worry you will find all sorts here. Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing!
And a few other strange people who I don't know what catorgey to put them in:giggle:

Agree with you, partygirl :lol:

:wave: welcome, Jadia Shadow!!

:welcome: to AllDeaf!! I'm Lissa and i'm deaf and ave a cochlear implant :)

Welcome.

Enjoy the AD here. Hope this site does make to open your eyes in your own term. ;)

Hello there

What Bebonang really meant to say was"Call yourself Deaf of HOH or we will rip your throat out! Hearing impaired is a no no. :welcome: :)

:laugh2: well nothing like getting to the point then is there :) :) Well to me it all means the same thing so whatever works :) I respect each persons right to choose not to be referred to in a certain way of course, but choose not to worry about that in reference to myself. Sometimes i think in this world we put too much meaning in what is right or wrong in words, and not enough on the intentions behind them :)

Anyway thank you for the clarification and the welcome :)

:wave: there, Jadia, we are close in age. I am new hoh.
I really enjoyed my time in college, it's where I met my husband - husband deaf w/o HA's

Back