greetings there from the land of cotton. :D

Sighless

Reaction score
Hi! My name's Silas, I'm 16 and from Alabama. My mother is Deaf, although my grandmother is the most culturally Deaf person in the house, she attended AIDB as a kid. I've been HoH since birth, but I've always attended hearing schools and my sign is rudimentary (I can hardly string together sentences). I wear hearing aids when I can't get away with not doing so :P They are giraffe print. :D

I have no idea where I'm going with this... XD

I joined this website to become a bit more culturally Deaf and meet Deaf friends! :3

I hope you all have absolutely lovely days! c: |m|/ <3

Welcome!!!!!! Did you know there's a summer camp at Gally so you can learn ASL? Summer Youth Programs - Gallaudet University
You could also attend Alabama summer camps: Summer Camps for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Teens
Or the EYF program at NTID....you could also go to college at Gally or NTID...you could also transfer to a deaf school or a deaf program and become better at ASL and REALLY experiance deaf culture and ASL
And boy, your grandma went to AIDB? That is so cool....she must have some neat stories to tell!

Back