Greetings from St. Louis

Deaf Images

Reaction score
:bsflag: ST. LOUIS IS AN AUDIST TOWN - BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

I like this! B.S. Flag - not a bad idea I would raise that flag over St. Louis, Missouri. It is an audist run town. Sad to say, deafies in that town are still under plantation mentality. I may be stubborn about how Deaf can function in this audist town. Too many oral programs and not enough respect for our proud Deaf culture.

I would like to post signs for Deaf visitors coming to St. Louis. "ENTER ST. LOUIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! IT IS AUDIST RUN TOWN!"

Of course, there will be Deaf Nation in St. Charles area this coming Saturday. Be sure to remind those audists that ASL is our divine right and that all children and adults are allowed to use ASL in classrooms and anywhere that sun shines on..... we do not need gestapo or stupid rules telling us that we cannot use ASL.

Guess what? Missouri has PAH PAH PAH recognized ASL as a foreign languge!

Suffice to say that we have long way to go to deprogram deafies who are suffering mental abuses from oral schools in town... believe it or not.. we have 4 oral school programs and they are NOT even on same page? What a bunch of hyprocrites!!!!!

Guess what? A principal of school got booted for abusing kids and yet they gave her a farewell party! That is another hyprocrisy!!! Why can't there be justice for hundreds of poor Deaf children who suffered the past 50 years under the former principal's torturing and abusing those poor Deaf children?
She used soap, she used ruler, she used anger, she intimidated and many unbelievable abuses to poor Deaf children.

This is a sign of hyprocricy at work and how those hearing people are trying to sweep that under the carpet.

I would call those audists :liar:

More to come soon about what I think of audists and how they pulled wool over hearing community for years and years! Time to expose them!

:madfawk:

Have a good one!

=^)

Uh-Ok, Well I'm still going to the AllDeaf event in July which held in St. Lousi, Mo. I got friends who live in St. Louis, Mo. too, I don't care if they're oral or not. But, that's your opinion and I got mine. ;)

Beside, Welcome to AllDeaf, Have fun posting with us. See ya around. :thumb:

Cheri said:
Uh-Ok, Well I'm still going to the AllDeaf event in July which held in St. Lousi, Mo. I got friends who live in St. Louis, Mo. too, I don't care if they're oral or not. But, that's your opinion and I got mine. ;)

Beside, Welcome to AllDeaf, Have fun posting with us. See ya around. :thumb:

Thank you and I am way behind as I was busy travelling the past few years. I am trying to stick my feet in ground, but doubt it... Sure you are most welcome to ST. LOUIS! I am even puzzled as to what is going on! I have to catch up! Someone will have to enlighten me! I am very Deaf so this is why I knew nada about this alldeaf....it looks like fun to COMMUNICATE! Ill be glad to have intellectual challenges through this medium! =^)

:cheers:

Hi,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;) ....

:angel:

A principal of school got booted for abusing kids and yet they gave her a farewell party! That is another hyprocrisy!!! Why can't there be justice for hundreds of poor Deaf children who suffered the past 50 years under the former principal's torturing and abusing those poor Deaf children?
She used soap, she used ruler, she used anger, she intimidated and many unbelievable abuses to poor Deaf children.
Which school? Sure would like to hear more.....I can't believe abuse like that goes on even today!?!?!?!

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf Deaf Images!!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here on this forum. Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!! :)

Hi Welcome to AD, I didn't know that. Beside I been gone to St. Louis alot of time, and i'm from Illinois. Hope you enjoy and stay here...

Welcome you stay AD and let's breath away....

Don't worry and be yourself... suits you! *smile*

Stay here enjoy!

Deaf Images said:
Why can't there be justice for hundreds of poor Deaf children who suffered the past 50 years under the former principal's torturing and abusing those poor Deaf children? She used soap, she used ruler, she used anger, she intimidated and many unbelievable abuses to poor Deaf children.

First of all... Welcome!! :welcome:
Secondly, there can be justice. You have posted some pretty serious allegations and if you are able to prove them, file charges. Bring this person to justice. If you know these to be facts and can prove them, it's your obligation to press charges or assist. If you don't, then you are just as bad as the abusive principal. I might be lucky here in Illinois I don't see this type of attitude towards deaf children. At least not yet. People are generally supportive including the school system. They have been very accomidating towards the needs of the deaf children at the school. I would hope that in this day and age, people would not be so cruel. If they are, then it's the obligation of those that are aware of, or witness to the abuse to report the abuser to the authorities. If you take no action then you are just as guilty.

:ugh2: :ugh2:
rockdrummer said:
First of all... Welcome!! :welcome:
Secondly, there can be justice. You have posted some pretty serious allegations and if you are able to prove them, file charges. Bring this person to justice. If you know these to be facts and can prove them, it's your obligation to press charges or assist. If you don't, then you are just as bad as the abusive principal. I might be lucky here in Illinois I don't see this type of attitude towards deaf children. At least not yet. People are generally supportive including the school system. They have been very accomidating towards the needs of the deaf children at the school. I would hope that in this day and age, people would not be so cruel. If they are, then it's the obligation of those that are aware of, or witness to the abuse to report the abuser to the authorities. If you take no action then you are just as guilty.

:ugh2: I did not go to that school. Some did report to the school and that is how they responded by forcing that principal to retire. They simply did not want publicity and shoved it under the carpet. They have to make more noises and get it out. You know how hearing people are....they do not understand Deaf...so be it.

:whistle:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf!

You know how hearing people are....they do not understand Deaf...so be it.

This is a typical common misconception, it goes both ways, being the misconception that Deaf don't understand hearing ppls. and hearing ppls. don't understand the Deaf/HoH....more bluntly put: not ALL are like this, sure, a few may not nor care to. The point I'm trying to bring across is the fact is that rather than speaking in volumes about how they don't understand and being quite critical about it, wouldn't it be a whole lot better if we (each of us) were to take strides in bettering what gaps there are out there in order for things to work conviently....We may have a long ways to go, but it's a start in the right direction--I'm sure the majority of those who may not understand fully are more willing to make some sort of significant contributions whereas these misconceptions, etc., can turn for the better for 'all' of us. ;)

Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!

Deaf Images said:
:ugh2: :ugh2:

:ugh2: I did not go to that school. Some did report to the school and that is how they responded by forcing that principal to retire. They simply did not want publicity and shoved it under the carpet. They have to make more noises and get it out. You know how hearing people are....they do not understand Deaf...so be it. :whistle:

Understood, I am talking about reporting to the authorities, not the school district. And yes I know how hearing people are. I am one of them but please dont lump me in with the entire hearing population. There are jerks in all walks of life and I am sure even within the deaf community. It doesn't mean that all people are bad. Its funny about the word Audist you chose earlier. I now understand the way it is used is not in line with the proper definition but by definition, you are an audist if you stereotype me as a hearing person. I know that is not your intent but just wanted to make a point. All the best to you and I appreciate your opinions and insights.

welcomered.gif

BTW, I lived in St. Louis for 4 years...I know alot of deafies there...perhaps if you could tell me your name and PM me? and...I can tell you my name also..:D

Back