Greetings from NC

iacobus

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Just discovered a hidden passion for sign, love for deaf people, and nack for ASL. I just took my first course but I am already incredibly receptive and able to give it right back. My professor says they've only seen another natural like me once or twice before and they've been teaching for 10-20 years. Not big-headed, I just think I'm blessed to have stumbled into this lovely, expressive language that I've latched onto. I hope to meet more friends on here and network any way I can.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Iacobus

Hello iacobus. Glad you 'stumbled' into the world of ASL and learned it so fast. I myself can sign but I'm quite slow so I prefer just to talk. Are you deaf/HoH yourself or just a hearing person who wants to learn?- I'm just curious so I hope you don't mind the question. I'm new too and want to make friends. Hope you reply

Melanie

p.s :welcome: to Alldeaf :)

Last edited:
Hey Melanie,

I'm a hearing individual but feel that I should've been born deaf. Lol I'm a big D trapped in a hearing body. ;-)

I'm deaf myself. I'm hearing impaired in my right ear but I use a hearing aid. Being deaf sometimes means I wish I was hearing but I have learnt to live with it- it isn't an easy life you know. Maybe you should be thankful that you have your hearing....

Note: Please don't take that as being nasty it's just what you said :(

Oh no, I understand what I have and how difficult it must be. I meant no offense. I think its my opinions, views, and expressiveness that make me feel that way. I guess I just wish I could share in tour culture more than I can now.

no problem sharing the culture. if it were not for the hearing people who support and advocate for the deaf then we would still be in a dark room with no lights. deaf seem to forget that it is hearing people who championed for deaf that had the most influence on deaf awareness. without hearing people the struggle for deaf awareness would lack a voice that the hearing world would listen to.

no problem sharing the culture. if it were not for the hearing people who support and advocate for the deaf then we would still be in a dark room with no lights. deaf seem to forget that it is hearing people who championed for deaf that had the most influence on deaf awareness. without hearing people the struggle for deaf awareness would lack a voice that the hearing world would listen to.

VERY good analogy/post and so true.

Great post :D

Good topic :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, iocabus. While you are discussing with us, have fun reading and posting all the threads here. :) See you around here. :wave:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your responses and welcoming me into the chat. Hope to network more and make friends... :)

Back