Greetings Earthlings

ValleyGirl

Reaction score
Hello I am a hearing person from NOVA. God is my first love and the only reason I am still alive. I am Cherokee. Various members of my family (and friends) are serving and have served in the United States Military, I am passionate about supporting our men and women in uniform and their families.
I have a wonderful family. We have two cats and two dogs. I am blessed to have a wonderful man in my life who has been my friend for years and recently told me he wants to seek my step-father's and my Pastor's permission for my hand in marriage.
I am a kinesthetic person in my first semester of ASL classes at my community college. Speaking ASL is amazing to me, it just makes sense somewhere inside. I am studying the pre-requisites that I will need to be accepted into a nursing program and graduate with a BSN. I am intensely interested in languages and linguistics.
I like to write,draw,sing,dance in worship to Jesus. I enjoy roses,swords,knives & cars. I look forward to making the time to learn to play the guitar and begin practicing a martial art. I am an amateur photographer and a geek. I have been using various chat services since about 1994 and BB for slightly less time. I look forward to meeting some of you. :)

Thanks everyone for responding. :wave: @bottesini Do you know if she was Eastern or Western Nation?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just take it easy on the God thing as we all respect our Creator very much. We don't talk about it here on the forum unless if you can find the religion topic in the forum. Right now, we are talking about deafness, Deaf Culture and our experiences growing up being deaf and hard of hearing.

I am native, too, as I am Cree (mother's side) and Cherokee (my father's side). I am more strongly on Cree tradition better than Cherokee tradition. My father and my grandmother and my great grandmother never talk about Cherokee as it was taboo. They had been discriminated a lot back then after the Tear's Trail. It was very bad experiences for them. My great grandmother had escape from the long walk to Oklahoma so she was in Tennessee at the time. There was no mention of her in the Cherokee rolls.

So if you are interest in reading and posting all the threads here. You can discuss or debate with us about our deaf perspectives. So relax and have fun. See you around here. :wave:

Wow thanks for an in depth answer. :) I do not know a whole lot about my heritage as I am on the east coast and like you have said, it is very taboo here to have American Indian blood.
See you on the boards. :)

Back