Green card then Gallaudet university...possible for me ?

AllDeaf is not the place to check on your student or immigrant status. You must go to either a government office (such as ICE) or the college counselor for international students to get accurate information.

Each foreigner's situation is unique, so we cannot help you with generic advice.

We also cannot advise you to marry an American just as a way to stay here. That's illegal.

yes. Chonni - go to American Embassy and ask.

I'm surprised that if he's been at Gally for two years why he doesn't already know the procedures? How did he get into the USA and Gally in the first place?

I'm surprised that if he's been at Gally for two years why he doesn't already know the procedures? How did he get into the USA and Gally in the first place?

http://www.alldeaf.com/2244579-post21.html

In that post, I think he wants to transfer his credits to Gally to continue his education so I believe he's a second-year student at another university in his country or wherever. That's why he asks for help.

I have no family member who living in USA. What to do ?
Forget about a green card for now. Listen to Jiro's advice. He's right about getting accepted by Gally first before applying for a student visa.

The links I posted before, the last one is from the government website. You better read it to get a better understanding.

Click on this link, Gallaudet University for more info. It has French language if you want to read it. Take your time to browse. Maybe it has downloadable application forms in PDF (format) available for you to fill out and fax or mail it to Gally.

In other words, you can't get a student visa until you are accepted by a college or university in America. Is that clear? Did Gally accept you yet?

If the OP speaks such good french perhaps he would do much better at a french or canadian university

If the OP speaks such good french perhaps he would do much better at a french or canadian university

yes. go to Montreal or Quebec. it's easier to get into Canada than America :lol:

No, I don't agree with you, tell me... how could u have accept to eat a simple bread when you like hamburger ?
I am curious... Do you use ASL? If so, does the university you are currently attending provide ASL interpreters?

I am curious... Do you use ASL? If so, does the university you are currently attending provide ASL interpreters?
It's a good question, for your information, sign language who are practised in Côte d'Ivoire is ASL, which come from Andrew Foster finish with some mixtures of local signs.
For ASL interpreters, each student pay himself, but a lot can't pay it, including me.
Currently I'm collaborating with some to create one association for the deaf students since last year (2012), it's slow very hard. It's an opportunity for me to search good contacts for this. We are small between 4 or 6 deaf students at the university.

It's a good question, for your information, sign language who are practised in Côte d'Ivoire is ASL, which come from Andrew Foster finish with some mixtures of local signs.
For ASL interpreters, each student pay himself, but a lot can't pay it, including me.
Currently I'm collaborating with some to create one association for the deaf students since last year (2012), it's slow very hard. It's an opportunity for me to search good contacts for this. We are small between 4 or 6 deaf students at the university.
So that's why you want to go to Gally. FYI, I read that in order for Gally to accept you, you must have a proof of your financial support.

So that's why you want to go to Gally. FYI, I read that in order for Gally to accept you, you must have a proof of your financial support.
yes of course, recently I already read the infos on this link, really I got worried about of proof of financial capacity. It's my only difficulty.

oh well, but if I just love her so much, want to start a family to stay there with her, it's also illegal ?
No, that's not illegal but you have to be able to prove that. Be very careful about going that route. Immigration authorities don't like to play games.

No, that's not illegal but you have to be able to prove that. Be very careful about going that route. Immigration authorities don't like to play games.

Yes it is true. :)they do it will caugth strictly Canada. last times
they will watch to them wholes to people expertiment to easy 99% :lol:

do it best easy :P

i will accept to marry an American woman to start a family, obtain Green card to live & work.

Very illegal if your intent is to simply use her to get here to the United States. You have to go immigration if you plan on marrying someone and that can take well over a year.

Student visa can take a while too if you don't have the patience.

Back