Greek

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
Is anyone part of the Greek system??? what do you think of it (anyone whether you are or not Greek can answer)????

Ziusudra said:
Greek system? What's that? I'm not Greek though.
I think she's referring to whether you're in a fraternity or sorority.

BabyPhat21 said:
Is anyone part of the Greek system??? what do you think of it (anyone whether you are or not Greek can answer)????
Why? Are you thinking about joining a sorority?

BabyPhat21 said:

I don't like it. Most people who are in that system are not nice people. They're social elites who consider themselves above the non-Greeks, and not people I'd want to hang out with even if they WOULD accept me into their little clique.

I'm more of an independent woman, I cannot bear to belong to one specific group of people, it would be too restrictive for me. Some of my friends are in greek organizations and they're happy and content, if they're happy then I really do not care. But my philosophy is that friends cannot be brought. And other thing, it would be a pain in the arse to go to chapter meetings and all of that bullshit you could be doing something else that's fun with other group of people ;) Its like a marriage thing to me.

Well, I'm a Greek Alumnae. I loved it, but it got its pro and cons. I'm very very independent, so I'm not always with just my sorority sisters wherever I go. I was never part of a single group.

I joined my sorority because they were all unique,.. unlike some of the other sororities where all the girls looked alike, and all acted the same way, eeep. It wasn't natural!!

So anyway, so I pledged and got initiated. It was all fun. But of course, the good thing about being part of the Greek system is that you're given leadership opportunities, which is a bonus for future careers, etc. So I served as Ritual Chair, Social Chair, Vice President of Alumnae Relations, and kept the website updated.

Socially, it was great.. we got invited to a lot of stuff, sometimes it's all inclusive (Greeks only). And meet others within the Greek system. But other than that we enjoyed meeting potential new members on campus, and just talking to them, to make them interested in joining us.

Well the cons, sometimes we do have negative reputations, which unfortunately is sometimes only caused by a former member or stereotypes. :(

I'm glad to be a member of the Greek system. It's a good experience to have, even if just for a year or two .... (honestly I recommend joining during junior year, that way you can do whatever you want frosh and soph year, and then if you're still intersted in the Greek system, go ahead and join junior year that way 4 years isn't too much... that's my just opinion!)

Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity! :)

ASP rulez! :)

I will add much more comments in my post tonight here.

KingCobra said:
Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity! :)

ASP rulez! :)

I will add much more comments in my post tonight here.
Where is your Alpha Sigma Pi?

To be honest, it depends on everyone. Everyone's entitled to their own point of views and their feelings toward greek life. My advice is just follow your heart and your own footsteps, not others. :fruit:

well.... I would like to join the fratiety (sp?) whenever i am plan to go back to college but i am very sure that they wouldn't accept me cuz of my past status .. but who cares !! lol... so tell me why is that important to be part of frats or soro. ?

GDI here and always have been -- greek sororities hadnt appealed to me mainly cuz its just soo clinque-y and alot of the girls are so stuck up :roll: and that turns me off (thats what ive observed)

I am ATO, It is too much to catch up so I survior with them! Dont ask me what it is abt. :D :roll:

knightwolf68 said:
well.... I would like to join the fratiety (sp?) whenever i am plan to go back to college but i am very sure that they wouldn't accept me cuz of my past status .. but who cares !! lol... so tell me why is that important to be part of frats or soro. ?
What past status?

MizzDeaf said:
I am ATO, It is too much to catch up so I survior with them! Dont ask me what it is abt. :D :roll:

I know about ATO. :D I enjoyed hanging around several ATOs at Gally. They were fun people to hang around. :D

Cricket said:
I'm more of an independent woman, I cannot bear to belong to one specific group of people, it would be too restrictive for me. Some of my friends are in greek organizations and they're happy and content, if they're happy then I really do not care. But my philosophy is that friends cannot be brought. And other thing, it would be a pain in the arse to go to chapter meetings and all of that bullshit you could be doing something else that's fun with other group of people ;) Its like a marriage thing to me.

Exactly pain in the ass, yeah i agree with ya !

:werd:

Hi Folks!

Being member of my fraternity brought alot of new skills, learning experiences and alot of opportunities to me and my future. In addition,
my involvement with my fraternity made me become a better person.

My fraternity gave me alot of positive benefits for me to carry on and share my experiences with and show leadership to deaf people.

Without my fraternity, I would be a different person.

Back