Great News about mobile Z4 on Samsung Epic and Tab

snallga

Reaction score
Wow!! you can use mobile Z4 on Samsung Epic and Tab to cal any vp. I am not sure hearing people can able to call deaf people on Samsung Epic and Tab. I can't believe newest technology.

I've been wanting that samsung epic phone!!! Saving up $$$ for it.

I know it is very expensive. I bet deaf who are having HTC EVO which Z4 won't support. They are very upset about it. It is too late to choice HTC EVO over Samsung Epic.

I know it is very expensive. I bet deaf who are having HTC EVO which Z4 won't support. They are very upset about it. It is too late to choice HTC EVO over Samsung Epic.

$150 bucks on amazonwireless.com if you're a new customer. That's what I'm aiming for, especially the sprint relay guy will change the hearing plan to the relay plan at no cost once I get the phone.

But the annoying this is....stupid credit check from Sprint needs my state ID number, which I don't have now and have been trying to get it, but god, bureaucracy is so slow! >.<

Wow!! you can use mobile Z4 on Samsung Epic and Tab to cal any vp. I am not sure hearing people can able to call deaf people on Samsung Epic and Tab. I can't believe newest technology.

Oh yes.. They can call to Epic and Tab!! :shock:

As stated in another thread on alldeaf before, ZVRS would love to, but cannot release an EVO version at this time due to exclusivity reasons between Mirial and MainstreamVRS. I have no doubts that the exclusivity was not cheap for MainstreamVRS, but anything I have to say toward that end would be hearsay. No exclusivity arrangement is forever, though.

The MainstreamVRS app and the Z4 are essentially the same Mirial android softphone, with different branding, and different artificial limits imposed by Mirial blocking operation on other phones.

If you try to run the Z4 Mobile app on an EVO, you will get the message:

"Your phone model (PC36100) is not supported. This software only supports
the Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Epic, HTC Desire, Nexus One phones"

This means that Mirial semi-officially supports it on the HTC Desire and Nexus One, though there is no front-facing camera on those phones.

It also works on a number of other android phones, though the front-facing camera is not going to work on those either until Mirial adds it to their list of supported chipsets. This will happen over time.

The problem is that Android 2.2 Froyo does not have an official front-facing camera API. There have been rumors that they will in the next version of Android. Until then, every device manufacturer must supply their own API, and any application developers must attempt to get their applications to work with these manufacturer specific APIs.

It's more difficult than you might think.

As stated in another thread on alldeaf before, ZVRS would love to, but cannot release an EVO version at this time due to exclusivity reasons between Mirial and MainstreamVRS. I have no doubts that the exclusivity was not cheap for MainstreamVRS, but anything I have to say toward that end would be hearsay. No exclusivity arrangement is forever, though.

The MainstreamVRS app and the Z4 are essentially the same Mirial android softphone, with different branding, and different artificial limits imposed by Mirial blocking operation on other phones.

If you try to run the Z4 Mobile app on an EVO, you will get the message:

"Your phone model (PC36100) is not supported. This software only supports
the Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Epic, HTC Desire, Nexus One phones"

This means that Mirial semi-officially supports it on the HTC Desire and Nexus One, though there is no front-facing camera on those phones.

It also works on a number of other android phones, though the front-facing camera is not going to work on those either until Mirial adds it to their list of supported chipsets. This will happen over time.

The problem is that Android 2.2 Froyo does not have an official front-facing camera API. There have been rumors that they will in the next version of Android. Until then, every device manufacturer must supply their own API, and any application developers must attempt to get their applications to work with these manufacturer specific APIs.

It's more difficult than you might think.

You didnt see what different between Mainstream VRS and ZVRS. Both are totally different! ZVRS have better features than Mainstream VRS for example that have z alert, contact list and video message. Mainstream are SUCKS!! It didnt matter if they have same softwares.

ZVRS didnt want EVO.. Its sucks really! ZVRS carefully research on EVO. However mainstream VRS rush to have exclusivity on EVO.. They are idiot. ZVRS decided go for EPIC.. Its wise choice! :cool2:

I tried to test Z4 mobile on my cousin's Epic 4G to be connected to VP200, Z4 and P3. Working ok but video was little blurry.

Someone said that Z4 mobile will be coming to iPhone for P2P, hopefully. Also Pad 2, too next year.

You didnt see what different between Mainstream VRS and ZVRS. Both are totally different! ZVRS have better features than Mainstream VRS for example that have z alert, contact list and video message. Mainstream are SUCKS!! It didnt matter if they have same softwares.

ZVRS didnt want EVO.. Its sucks really! ZVRS carefully research on EVO. However mainstream VRS rush to have exclusivity on EVO.. They are idiot. ZVRS decided go for EPIC.. Its wise choice! :cool2:

Yes, I got message and It was disappointing, ZVRS are working on to straighten things out. They want Z4 on EVO. Problem is that Mainstream already have contract preventing other vrs from having their own because of competition. Let's see what happen in near future.

Secondly, EVO is not H263 ready while Epic have H263 that allow direct connection to Peer to Peer VP chat like VP200 or any SIP VP. EVO only work with VRS directly like Mainstream. In future, EVO may have software update to have H263 compatibilty.

Catty

Catty

Last edited:
New VRS sprint app for Samsung Epic

attachment.php

Attachments

• phones.jpg
    phones.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37
I decided to try out Mainstream VRS for Evo. I went to Android Market, downloaded, registered and got Email later for 10 digit numbers. Turned on WiFi cuz I don't have 4G in my area.. Then I called my ZVRS boss thru Evo and he was intrigued. :rofl:

Pretty much the same as ZVRS Z4 for Android, I was able to call friends on VP200 or Zphones. They said that my video was a little choppy. But the video from my friend on my Evo look smooth and clean. Neato!!

I called my parent thru MS VRS. It's well worth it for mobile ability on VP, better than nothing.

Catty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0-tLWFDkg]YouTube - Truly Mobile Videophone Solution from The Z[/ame]

Back