Grammar

Where is "sailorboy" these days? Did he get marooned on an uncharted island with The Professor?

That's the important part. :D

I will tell you. I have NOT been criticised on here for my gramatical errors, but, there is someone on my facebook who is such a grammar nazi that she drives me insane. I've not yet deleted her because she hasn't called me out directly for grammatical errors I make on my statuses. However, if she ever does, you can BET she'll be deleted in a FLASH!!!!

This is a woman who is generally very insecure overall, so it doesn't surprise me that she's so picky about this. She is notorious for taking pictures when she's out and about around her town and posting them for all to see on FB. I'll admit that it makes me feel self conscience, but I try to tell myself that she's not judging ME, but, sometimes I wonder. *sigh*

This woman truly has issues she needs to work through. (I know this for a fact.)

I will tell you. I have NOT been criticised on here for my gramatical errors, but, there is someone on my facebook who is such a grammar nazi that she drives me insane. I've not yet deleted her because she hasn't called me out directly for grammatical errors I make on my statuses. However, if she ever does, you can BET she'll be deleted in a FLASH!!!!

This is a woman who is generally very insecure overall, so it doesn't surprise me that she's so picky about this. She is notorious for taking pictures when she's out and about around her town and posting them for all to see on FB. I'll admit that it makes me feel self conscience, but I try to tell myself that she's not judging ME, but, sometimes I wonder. *sigh*

This woman truly has issues she needs to work through. (I know this for a fact.)
Once I put a grammar nazi on World of Warcraft on ignore. I find it difficult to edit my grammar in guild chat or reply so when he made fun of my grammar, I put him on ignore. Serves him right. Others in the same guild put him on ignore as well cuz they didn't like their grammar corrected. :P

I am hearing and come from a family of teachers, and I grew up reading, being taught standard English grammar, and getting corrected when I was wrong. Due to my upbringing, I've found that bad grammar can get annoying, however, I understand that my situation's somewhat unique and not everyone has the same experiences. Therefore, I refrain from correcting other people's grammar and word usage unless I'm asked specifically. It's not that difficult to overlook mistakes and understand that not everyone has had the same upbringing.

Seeing as how we're not all writing our dissertations here, I figure as long as I can understand what's being said, I'm fine. No one's perfect, and a high-and-mighty attitude isn't going to get anyone to want to write like an English professor.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear....I'm kinda tired.

I am hearing and come from a family of teachers, and I grew up reading, being taught standard English grammar, and getting corrected when I was wrong. Due to my upbringing, I've found that bad grammar can get annoying, however, I understand that my situation's somewhat unique and not everyone has the same experiences. Therefore, I refrain from correcting other people's grammar and word usage unless I'm asked specifically. It's not that difficult to overlook mistakes and understand that not everyone has had the same upbringing.

Seeing as how we're not all writing our dissertations here, I figure as long as I can understand what's being said, I'm fine. No one's perfect, and a high-and-mighty attitude isn't going to get anyone to want to write like an English professor.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear....I'm kinda tired.

Cool. By all means, take each opportunity to correct Bottesini's spelling and grammar. It has been rather slow lately.

I feel like on a forum, especially one for people who may or may not have had their first language as English, the important thing to do is convey your ideas to the best of your ability and contribute to a discussion thoughtfully.

Being a grammarian on a writing forum makes sense, that adds to the discussion. Most everywhere else, you just end up looking like an ass.

Wirelessly posted

Simply put and no need for any other reply: AllDeaf is a worldwide public forum. Not everyone has English as their native language.

Cool. By all means, take each opportunity to correct Bottesini's spelling and grammar. It has been rather slow lately.

I wasn't trying to be a b****, I was just putting my two cents in. Like I said, I don't correct unless I'm asked.

I wasn't trying to be a b****, I was just putting my two cents in. Like I said, I don't correct unless I'm asked.

There should have been a sarcasm warning. Botts is one of the best writers on the site, and we all know it. Since you are new, it was easy for you to think it was a serious remark. Relax and enjoy all the grammatical errors. Eye kan keap yu bizzy fer daize. :giggle:

There should have been a sarcasm warning. Botts is one of the best writers on the site, and we all know it. Since you are new, it was easy for you to think it was a serious remark. Relax and enjoy all the grammatical errors. Eye kan keap yu bizzy fer daize. :giggle:

En eye wil resis tentashun fur curreksshun. :D

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was kinda nervous. :lol: I'm sure I'll get used to the site eventually.

Back