Got some good news today!!

In A Cloud...

Reaction score
I got my first hearing aids a week ago. Today was my appointment to go back so my audiologist can check with me on comfort and to see if I needed any kind of adjustments.

But the first thing she said to me was, when she was at a convention last week, they decided to upgrade the Phonak Audeo S Smart V that I just got and she asked me if I would like to go that route.

So I turned in my new HA's and she's ordering me the brand new version, the Audeo Q 70.

No extra charge, no return fee.

I got very lucky! :)

That's awesome!! So do you have to go for a little while without any hearing aids?

Yes, I had to turn them in, get refunded and then when the new ones come in, in two weeks, then I pay for them all over again. So back to the more quiet world I'm used to.

They were only released yesterday! That was really nice of her to tell me about it. That means she cares that I get the best. :)

I see you are getting new ones yourself!

Mary, I just realized that they also updated the Naidas. I'm wondering if you can get the upgrade too since you didn't get your new ones yet?

They are called Naida Q.

I'm just wondering how different the S is from the Q and if it makes a big difference? I know lovezebras is upgrading from an older technology, so it will definitely be beneficial then. Also, I ordered light blue Naida S IX's and it doesn't look like that color is offered in the Naida Q! :(

From what I was told, the Q stands for Quest, which is the new platform they are on. There are a couple of other things that are additional features as well.

Phonak Naida Q: The most complete, water resistant power product family Thanks to breakthrough features like auto StereoZoom and Speech in Wind, Naida Q offers power users premium performance in challenging situations and significantly improves speech intelligibility for less hearing effort. The proven SoundRecover technology enables access to high frequencies even with significant hearing loss. The Naida Q portfolio - including a RIC - is available in four performance levels and a stylish color palette. In addition, the unique Power SlimTube significantly reduces visibility while worn on the ear.

All models based on the Quest platform are compatible with the entire range of Phonak wireless communication products, including a selection of remote controls, streaming devices and unique Dynamic FM products. The new Phonak RemoteMic - combined with the Phonak ComPilot - takes the strain out of conversations in noisy places by streaming voices, up to 20 meters away, directly into the hearing aids.

How exciting!! Congrats! When will the form get signed? :)

I'm so lucky that she told me that they are available now. I guess this was just good timing!

Oh I heard about a month ago that there was a the audi conference and that there was a new naida coming out so to wait to get my forms signed until it was announced :) i'm sneaky lol I get the form signed by my GP next week so then Ill take the forms to my audi so they can send it to my provinces assistive devices program so I can be approved for an upgrade..i'm gonna see if they can swing getting the other side upgraded too since i keep getting effed over with my hearing aids being different and not working together ..

Oh I heard about a month ago that there was a the audi conference and that there was a new naida coming out so to wait to get my forms signed until it was announced :) i'm sneaky lol I get the form signed by my GP next week so then Ill take the forms to my audi so they can send it to my provinces assistive devices program so I can be approved for an upgrade..i'm gonna see if they can swing getting the other side upgraded too since i keep getting effed over with my hearing aids being different and not working together ..

Oh I hope you get boths side done and I would be curious to know the different in sound between the old UP and new UP :) Good Luck, really hope you get both sides :)

Oh I hope you get boths side done and I would be curious to know the different in sound between the old UP and new UP :) Good Luck, really hope you get both sides :)

lets be real here lol they prob won't haha I'm just happy I'm getting rid of the SP!

lets be real here lol they prob won't haha I'm just happy I'm getting rid of the SP!

So right now you have one UP and one SP? I almost did that with mine, but instead went with two SPs. I figured it would be two different types of batteries to keep up with...

I'm wondering if you can point out that two are needed because they work together.

That's one of the features she told me about. Not sure if it's new or anything but she said that if you are using the phone on, let's say, the right ear, what you hear will be stereo because they work together so you get more balance.

So right now you have one UP and one SP? I almost did that with mine, but instead went with two SPs. I figured it would be two different types of batteries to keep up with...

Yea awkward to have 2 sets of batteries, lol.

Canada has different rules for upgrading of HAs so was only allowed one UP at first.

Back