Got my new hearing aids today

Delville

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a new set of hearing aids but didn't like the prices I was seen with them, I mean a good set of quality hearing aids are like 7.5k to 10k is this really nessasary I think not. So I journeyed onto eBay and luck would have it I found a set of Phonak Naida Q50 UP's for sale on there still under manufacture warranty so I bit hook line and sinker. Well they arrived today and I had them programmed for my loss and truth be told I'm hearing so many more things that I've never heard before, and I love them there amazing.ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1410538782.016039.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

So I've been looking for a new set of hearing aids but didn't like the prices I was seen with them, I mean a good set of quality hearing aids are like 7.5k to 10k is this really nessasary I think not. So I journeyed onto eBay and luck would have it I found a set of Phonak Naida Q50 UP's for sale on there still under manufacture warranty so I bit hook line and sinker. Well they arrived today and I had them programmed for my loss and truth be told I'm hearing so many more things that I've never heard before, and I love them there amazing.View attachment 21457

Congratulations! With the price of what some audiologist charge for HA's I wonder how they can sleep at night. I'm glad you were able to find something that will hopefully continue to provide you with years of reliable service.

Thank you very much, I hope so too I'm not that guy that can afford to buy HA's every 5 to 6 years. For $850 I couldn't go wrong. I just hear everything so much clearer and better

Yes, I do love mine.

The day I got my Naida Q50 UPs and some modifications I've done to them.

My audiologist was able to get mine for $738 for the pair and my insurance (Medicaid) paid for it all. So getting them for $850 is a deal.

Just make sure you change your filters on your Q50s every couple months or you will noticed a dip in sound quality. I didn't know much about this as I never had to do this with my old hearing aids. With these Q50s you will need to change them out every couple months.

Congrats on your new aids!
I have a set I got from Costco last week posted in the Costco thread. Same color as yours. Loving them already!

Yes, I do love mine.

My audiologist was able to get mine for $738 for the pair and my insurance (Medicaid) paid for it all. So getting them for $850 is a deal.

Just make sure you change your filters on your Q50s every couple months or you will noticed a dip in sound quality. I didn't know much about this as I never had to do this with my old hearing aids. With these Q50s you will need to change them out every couple months.

What is the battery draw for, meaning the updated one? May I ask where you buy your filters from and how much they run you.

I bought some filters from Amazon for my Naida (1st generation). Since I'll be getting a second Ci next month, I won't have any use for the rest of the filters, so I'd be more than happy to send them to someone. I think there's.... 14 left?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/PHONAK-Wind-Weather-Protector-short/dp/B0081UCLZ8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1410653986&sr=8-6&keywords=naida+filters[/ame]

Yes, I do love mine.

I was shocked when I found out Medicare does not pay for hearing or hearing aids . That was a very good deal .

What is the battery draw for, meaning the updated one? May I ask where you buy your filters from and how much they run you.
The Battery Draw holds your battery.

If you buy the DAI from Connevans, you will get the battery draw and the boots. They will even give you a tool so you can pop the pin out to remove the silver battery draw. Now keep in mind, I had a friend of mine in England get it to me and was able to get the shipping cheaper. If I would have had it shipped to me, I would have paid around $50 for shipping (it probably wasn't that high, but it was up there).

CDMeggers has given a link for the filters at filters. I got my filters from my audiologist. She gave me a few for when I need to change them over. I can always go to her and get replacement filters without much hassle.

I was shocked when I found out Medicare does not pay for hearing or hearing aids . That was a very good deal .
Medicare has never ever paid for hearing aids or the likes. It was always Medicaid. It's really stupid, because I know of many people who have Medicare but do not have Medicaid. And they fight all the time and was never able to get Medicare to pay for it. They eventually pay out of pocket or talk go a VR and see if they can help them.

yeah. Medicare covers CIs, but not hearing aids. hmm, ok. Wyoming Medicaid paid for my current hearing aid and earmolds, so that was helpful.

yeah. Medicare covers CIs, but not hearing aids. hmm, ok. Wyoming Medicaid paid for my current hearing aid and earmolds, so that was helpful.

That is good to know , I still wonder if I want to get CI for my right ear.

Back