Got my CI Speech Proccessor Yesterday

pintnight

Reaction score
The sounds is very overwhelming! Will have to train my brain to get used to new sound and noises. I can't processed words, music or anything right now. I'm told that I have to read out loud a book or magazine to help my brain know what the words are. Also play audio books or podcasts with the words displayed so that my brain know what that word is. I have to do this 2 hours everyday.

Everybody's voice and anything is just just a beep/high pitch noise right now. Just that my brain has never processed sounds where it now processing. Even the sound from the keyboard from typing is just a high pitch/beep sounds.

This is going to be going to tough with the everything is just a bunch of beeps/high pitch.

I got a briefcase that has a bunch of stuff in it. Got a second speech processor as a backup in case I need to send the one I'm wearing in for repairs.

Angelsound is a great auditory rehab tool! They even have an app for iPhones/iPads, etc.

It'll take some time for your brain to make sense of the signals from your CI and turning them into actual sounds that you'll understand. Very odd and confusing at first, but it will get better. Anywhere you go, there will be opportunities for auditory rehab. Go outside and try listening for birds, or the wind, traffic sounds, etc. Inside your home, go around and play with things so you can hear the sounds. Turn the water on, do some cooking, pour some milk on some Rice Krispies and listen for the "snap crackle pop!". Sodas fizzing as you pour it into a glass. When I drove around town, I would randomly read off street signs or say what I'm seeing so I could hear the words. Watch TV/movies with the captions or subtitles, that helps too. Those beeps will turn into actual sounds eventually. :)

I'm scheduled to get my right ear to have the CI implant on October 6. I picked October 6 due to I need to finish up some work first.

From my experience-8 years ago. When activated some strange sounds were "heard". At the next mappping session-3 days later-were eliminated.

Advised to keep the Implant on-all time-waking- to "assist my brain" to get "used" to the new source of sound. Which I did.

There was a slight adjustment in the next mapping session a few weeks later.

Hopefully it works out for you-quickly.

I'm scheduled to get my right ear to have the CI implant on October 6. I picked October 6 due to I need to finish up some work first.

I finally got my right ear with the CI on Dec 29. Will get my stitches removed on Friday. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the rest of the CI parts.

The sounds is very overwhelming! Will have to train my brain to get used to new sound and noises. I can't processed words, music or anything right now. I'm told that I have to read out loud a book or magazine to help my brain know what the words are. Also play audio books or podcasts with the words displayed so that my brain know what that word is. I have to do this 2 hours everyday.

Everybody's voice and anything is just just a beep/high pitch noise right now. Just that my brain has never processed sounds where it now processing. Even the sound from the keyboard from typing is just a high pitch/beep sounds.

This is going to be going to tough with the everything is just a bunch of beeps/high pitch.

I got a briefcase that has a bunch of stuff in it. Got a second speech processor as a backup in case I need to send the one I'm wearing in for repairs.

I got my Cochlear a month ago and it sounded exactly the same for me. My only advice is to WEAR it ALL the time! You'll notice in about two weeks that it makes more sense, especially after each mapping.

I also downloaded Angles of Sound and have not used it like I should. Will be getting on it ASAP! Congrats and good luck!

Back