Got implanted July 2nd

crucking_fazy

Reaction score
All went well with my surgery to get implanted with a CI on Tuesday July 2nd. Most of my tinnitus I had all of my life is gone except for an occassional blow dryer noise that comes and goes. The pain from the surgery isn't to bad and don't need the pain meds. I did lose my taste but it is slowly coming back, and didn't have no bouts of dizziness that happens to some CI patients. I'm looking forward to getting activated on the 25th of July so I can hear my wife and daughter again:):) I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Congrats....glad it went well. Good luck on activation day.

Congrats! I hope it goes well for you. The implant has improved my hearing to the point where I have almost normal hearing. (Implanted 1 year ago).

Hopefully your surgeon didnt boast he was able to do in a record time for you. My surgeon did say that and a few days later, I found that the stitches were slightly loose causing a bad smelling ooz to leak out and it continued on for around 1-2 weeks.

Which cochlear implant did you get? Cochlear or AB or Medel?

I was advised at Sunnybrook/Toronto to keep my Implant on all time-except for swimming/sleeping. Reason: to get your brain to get used to all the sounds that you missed with your Hearing aids. Which I did. A funny one for you-thought someone was following me; no one was following just my own footsteps-previously not heard!
Also: important to feed back to your audi- your accurate "hearing reactions" in order to assist in mapping.

Much success in your new journey.

aside I will be almost 6 years since Implantation

I got activate on that date. my surgery was a breeze, same goes for post op, I have passed the two week mark yesterday. You will not regret the decision with the CI, good luck!

Thats good you don't have any dizziness .... I about forgot about that I used a cane for a few days after had pretty bad vertigo but it passed.

thanks for all the encouragements and well wishes. Everything is healing fine and just dealing with some swelling around my ear and just sore. I am looking forward to getting activated and put in the work to be able to hear as well as I can.
I will probably post a video on youtube on the day I get activated and I will let everyone know where to find it. My wife insist i have a video done.

JClarke, your blog and activation video is awesome. It was a long journey for you to make your decisions and take the leap. congrats on your successful CI.

Kaze105, I went with AB. I will be starting out with the Neptune and get the next generation processor when it comes out soon.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

thanks for all the encouragements and well wishes. Everything is healing fine and just dealing with some swelling around my ear and just sore. I am looking forward to getting activated and put in the work to be able to hear as well as I can.
I will probably post a video on youtube on the day I get activated and I will let everyone know where to find it. My wife insist i have a video done.

JClarke, your blog and activation video is awesome. It was a long journey for you to make your decisions and take the leap. congrats on your successful CI.

Kaze105, I went with AB. I will be starting out with the Neptune and get the next generation processor when it comes out soon.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.
Thanks :) I continue to update when I have the time. I'll be updating re last weekend ;)

Kendi, Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia. My surgeon was Dr. Artz. He did a great job, was courteous and professional from day one. Even came down to waiting room to apologize to my wife for taking so long due to my ear anatomy being "smaller" than normal.

Back